Hey, everyone!

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Hey, everyone!

Post by Armadeus »

Hey guys and gals, how've you all been with The Mana World? I've been really busy with work and what-not so I rarely get the chance to come by, but I still do occasionally :)

So I hear there have been a lot of changes, and a lot that have made people not want to really play, or leave town. Why's this? Can anybody tell me how the game has been doing, and what has gone on over the past months? I think my account has been purged now; because I haven't been on since about October? :(
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: Hey, everyone!

Post by Nard »

Your account hasn't been purged. Only one year unused ones have been.

New quests, new rules, new issues, new solved issues, not so much new people... different, but still worth to come online and have fun :)

Nard
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Oh, I heard after 6 months it gets purged. o_o.

What quests, what rules, what issues? Could I get a link? :3!

edit: Yeah, I was purged.

http://server.themanaworld.org/gm/purge-2012-02-15.txt

search 'Damis'

And lol. I scrolled through, saw "Plasmastar", and old friend of mine from a different MMORPG.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

New "newbies" quests in Tulimshar:
Tutorial
Hide and seek to make you visit North of town
Banu
Imec's stingers daily quest.
Kylian (1st floor in Tulim's workshop)
Anwer field fertilize (a longer one)
Raging skill: A must for warriors http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Raging_Skill (new map)
Blue sage quest: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Blue_Sages_Quest (new maps)
and right now (until 25thof May) The Lost Hitchhikerhttp://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... Hitchhiker

first line of purge log

Code: Select all

Removing accounts unused since 2011-02-15
Nard
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Wow, some nice things added. Thanks.

I also find it sort of stupid to purge all, because sometimes people don't have access to their characters, or computer.

And since 2011-2-15? February 15th, 2011? I was on in October, and November.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Hades1 wrote:I also find it sort of stupid to purge all, because sometimes people don't have access to their characters, or computer.

The account "Damis" was last used on June 4, 2010. There remains a character named "damis" in the game.

The size of the account file had grown beyond what the server software could handle, leading to data corruption of accounts. To fix the situation, it was decided that inactive accounts would be removed, and the list posted publicly so that everyone could see what had been done.

I'm sorry you believe that this decision was "stupid."
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Frost wrote:
Hades1 wrote:I also find it sort of stupid to purge all, because sometimes people don't have access to their characters, or computer.

The account "Damis" was last used on June 4, 2010. There remains a character named "damis" in the game.

The size of the account file had grown beyond what the server software could handle, leading to data corruption of accounts. To fix the situation, it was decided that inactive accounts would be removed, and the list posted publicly so that everyone could see what had been done.

I'm sorry you believe that this decision was "stupid."
I don't imagine it's only me, who thinks that the decision is stupid. Sometimes people go on long trips, vacations, lose internet, who knows what; sometimes they cannot access their computers. The decision to purge those who cannot always arrive, is sort of stupid. Account files are very small o_o.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Hades1 wrote:I don't imagine it's only me, who thinks that the decision is stupid. Sometimes people go on long trips, vacations, lose internet, who knows what; sometimes they cannot access their computers. The decision to purge those who cannot always arrive, is sort of stupid. Account files are very small o_o.
I'm sorry you had no chance to prepare before you lost Internet access for 20 months. I hope that was for vacation and not petty crime. In any case, welcome back. I hope you become as active in the game as you are in these forums.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Hades1 wrote:I don't imagine it's only me, who thinks that the decision is stupid. Sometimes people go on long trips, vacations, lose internet, who knows what; sometimes they cannot access their computers. The decision to purge those who cannot always arrive, is sort of stupid. Account files are very small o_o.
Your arguments are invalid.

1. we are talking about accounts which are unused for over a year. How do you explain such a long absence from the game except for disinterest?
2. The performance problems caused by too many dead accounts are real.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Crush wrote: Your arguments are invalid.
To strengthen Crushs discussion line, see

---
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

I don't know... if it was such a serious business for you that you write so many angry posts, even in many bad situations you can send mail or call friends and family? I mean, you can't expect devs to sacrifice servers performance because maybe one person can be in a position when s/he can't contact ANYONE who could keep hers/his account alive. Compared to thousands who just lost interest.
I'm Image too much.
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Derpella, I don't know why you think my posts are angry, but that's cute that you do. My posts are calm xD.

@Crush - My arguments aren't invalid at all, if you were able to comprehend, you would know.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Hades1 wrote:@Crush - My arguments aren't invalid at all
When that would be true, you would be able to refute the counter-arguments I made.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Crush wrote:
Hades1 wrote:@Crush - My arguments aren't invalid at all
When that would be true, you would be able to refute the counter-arguments I made.
You didn't even submit an argument in which could be countered, because you went in to almost NO detail, or anything,.
baedamichi
Novice
Novice

Post by baedamichi »

Hades1 wrote:You didn't even submit an argument in which could be countered
He did...
You wrote:
Hades1 wrote:Account files are very small o_o.
This is your argument, in other words, you state that the number of accounts doesn't have an influence on server performance as the account files are very small...

Crush wrote:
Crush wrote: The performance problems caused by too many dead accounts are real.
This is his counterargument.