Ignoring Players instead of Reporting them

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Ignoring Players instead of Reporting them

Post by Wombat »

Instead of players finding ways to poke a person until they cuss them out, try right clicking on the player and selecting either "ignore player" or "disregard player". There is also leaving the screen. Sitting on players also shouldn't be sexualized or treated as a reportable offense. People are just being silly sitting on other players and we can light heartedly mock such people without destroying them. Players can "protect" themselves instead of sissie-thugging characters into a ban report. It is also amazing how little a problem annoying characters can be if people would just lighten up and grow a sense of humor.
Current character is "Abolish".
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Ignoring Players instead of Reporting them

Post by Wombat »

Master Kenobi has locked threads still under investigation. As he has reported these GM abuses to Bjorn, that is all that needs to be said about those threads until we get an official ruling, but I don't agree with locking threads still under investigation. The "Court Abuse" section is for cases still under investigation. These are not frivolous reports and I will continue to press this case if we can't reach an agreement or a ruling from Bjorn.

However, his interpretation of the rules are fully incorrect. Rules "must" be followed is incorrect. I question the need for GMs beyond the realm of bots. What purpose have they served the community other than to unnecessarily support a player culture that threatens players everytime they disagree with each other? Players can easily take advantage of things in their client created to avoid such problems.

I was designing rules for the game a while back before a similar draft was added based on the precedents set by Platyna. We should not be aiming to censor players and we are allowed to argue. Sometimes insults and swear words happens when things get heated between people. The rules are meant for excessive cases, not for a de facto policing force to run around and make excuses to threaten bans on other players if they don't play according to their interpretation of the rules.

Why aren't GMs telling these players reporting abuse for things they don't like coming through chat to ignore the player they feel "offended" by (i.e. slightly annoyed and blown out of proportion to destroy other players they don't like)? This should always be the first response.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =20&t=6423
I suggest you both use the "ignore" function and move on...........

MK
I stand corrected. I hope this will continue and props to MK for making this ruling.

Edit Add:

IRC discussion on me dropping my cases against the GMs based on this ruling:

(3:00:50 PM) wombatism: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 579#p51579 if this precedent stands as the first response that GMs will offer for abuse cases, I am dropping my case.
(3:03:17 PM) Jaxad0127: wombatism: so, you wouldn't mind a character with a name insulting you following you around and attaking everything you do?
(3:03:39 PM) wombatism: I've already got about 5 characters doing that...so yeah
(3:04:17 PM) wombatism: but if someone is running around with a character named "wombat can eat Chocolate Cupcake", that would be something I feel GMs should step in on.
(3:04:46 PM) wombatism: like the "sugarshit" case...I agree with that ban
(3:04:58 PM) Jaxad0127: so, you have no problem with GMs intervening when a character is named to insult another?
(3:05:07 PM) wombatism: yeah...I would go with that
(3:06:11 PM) Jaxad0127: ok
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Edit button, its useful
Pixel Battalion