Crusaders vs. Warlords Team PvP Sunday 20:00 UTC

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Crusaders vs. Warlords Team PvP Sunday 20:00 UTC

Post by Wombat »

Crusaders vs. Warlords Team PvP Sundays 20:00 UTC Scheduled for the 10th, 17th and 24th of May

Characters gather in Hurnscald and carry with them both a crusader and warlord helmet. Participants guess a number between 1 and 20, the closest half of the participants to the number are "warlords" while the other half are "crusaders" and they will wear the appropriate helmet of their team. The game then moves to Tulimshar, we touch the Soul Menhir and then goto the PVP Arena, which is in the building to the left of the Soul Menhir. Game is immediately active and characters will strive to kill each other for the fun of it. There is nothing to win or lose and this is just a social game. Game will last 30 to 45 minutes.

Following the PvP game, an optional raid on the snake pit (Hatmaker's Cave) will follow. Raiding the snake pit has 3 gathering points:

- Tulimshar (for healing): Touch the Soul Menhir. If you die, please rest here to heal or use healing potions to try and meet up with the group as quickly as possible.

- Snake pit South Entrance: This is the typical entrance of the Snake pit raid. To get here go east of the Tulimshar desert and follow the south-going path til you come to the Snake pit entrance. You should see the NPCs "Kieron" and "George" next to the entrance. This is the default entrance the raid will take until snakes have bedded themselves in front of the door, making an entrance less possible.

- Snake pit North Entrance: If the south entrance is blocked, the raid may attempt to use the north entrance. Go east of Tulimshar and follow the north-going path. It will eventually round a bend (ignore the first fork and round the second bend) and go north into the Snake pit. You should see the NPC "William" before the second bend.

Advice:

- Tanking: Stacking characters into a single mass helps to provide a stronger offense/defense against the snakes and is highly recommended.

- First Character is the Scout: The first character through the door will attract all the monsters and will be forced to move in ways that could get all the characters killed, so should act individually to keep the party safe. The scout also can pull snakes towards the team to keep up a steady slaughter.

- Second Character is the Leader: This second character provides the backbone of advancing in the Snake pit and all characters benefit from keeping up with the second character to keep up a strong tank team. The leader should move at a pace that doesn't draw too many snakes for the team to handle. The leader can call for retreats to open the entrances for other characters that may of died and/or new characters that want to join the team. The leader can also give a general direction for the team to move so they have an idea of where they are going, so should they die, they know where the team could be at and enter the pit accordingly.

- Find a whisper buddy and use short whispers: To make it easier for characters to meet back up with the team, find buddy in the team to whisper. It is best to spread this duty out among several characters instead of just the leader or the scout so they can respond without endangering themselves or the team. Easy whispers would be something like "I'm healing in Tulimshar, be back shortly", "I need the south entrance cleared to enter, I keep dying at the door" and "Which entrance should I use". Answers can typically be short like "ok", "gather in tulimshar", "use south" or "use north". Use common sense and give/expect short replies if the team is advancing.

---

Using this advice, it shouldn't be too difficult to keep up with the team and make fighting in the pit a fun experience.

Pit raids can last however long, but I will attempt to keep up a pit raid for around 30 to 45 minutes following the CvW PvP game.
Current character is "Abolish".
swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Crusaders vs. Warlords Team PvP Sunday 20:00 UTC

Post by swimmy »

is this Los Viscerales's event?
who was...
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

This is a community event and all are welcome to participate.
Hykaro
Novice
Novice

Post by Hykaro »

They are the people you fight in crusaders and warlords ?
Hykaro
Novice
Novice

Post by Hykaro »

maybe i enter in fight hehehe :twisted:
Anna
Novice
Novice

Post by Anna »

23 minues after and no shows :)...losers
coen
Peon
Peon

Post by coen »

Anna wrote:23 minues after and no shows :)...losers
What exactly are you talking about, Anna? At 20:02 we went to the arena. I think there were 10 to 15 people fighting. Next time maybe there will be more. Unfortunately we didn't go to the pit afterwards, because not enough people were interested.
It was about time someone started organizing events that everyone can join, so without joining a guild, with leaders, rules and contribution. I really don't have a problem with the HMC, but, with all respect, it's not my thing to be part of a group organized like that.
Maybe you could follow Wombat's example and organize an event yourself, there could even be a price, you have the money for it. But instead of that you think it's necessary to do nothing else then call us losers, because we are trying to bring the fun back in the game.
Knowing that you are probably some 15 year old guy, playing a character named Anna puts what you say right back in perspective, so I am not really angry, but please mind your own business in the future, and SHUT UP!
coen
Peon
Peon

Post by coen »

And to Wombat I'd like to say; you probably know that I haven't always liked your behavior, but I would really like to thank you for the effort of organizing events for the whole community. Let this be an example for others (including myself).
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I want to thank everyone for showing up and participating. Next Sunday and the Sunday after at 20:00 UTC will be another one. It will be organized in a similar manner, starting in Hurnscald then moving to the arena in Tulimshar shortly afterward. I want to especially thank the GMs, specifically Master Kenobi, for the global announcements that helped make this event happen. I must apologize to those that were confused if the event was starting or not. If you don't see us in town at that time, it might be because we are starting as quickly as we can with little delay, so check the arena for us.
Attachments
TMW_Screenshot_105.png
TMW_Screenshot_105.png (33.08 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
knulfine
Novice
Novice

Post by knulfine »

Yesterday it was really funny at the pvp.
First we had something like teams but then pelmeni and Wombat (both lvl 90+) were one team and everyone else the other team.
Before I was on the same team and hunted by many people at once. That was fun.
Unfortunatly I was too busy to make a screenshot, 'cause I was running away *lol*

cu
knulf
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

the man of the match goes to ... Pelmeni! All hail the king!
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Pelmeni had the better build and took me down just about everytime :shock: :D

Next week, May 24th, will be the last Sunday at 20:00 UTC I am officially organizing "Crusaders vs. Warlords" on Sundays. I feel that organizing on Sundays can take a life of its own and request some player(s) step forward to bottomline this event for those that feel most comfortable playing on Sunday, during this the busy game time.

Instead, starting Saturday May 30th at 20:00 UTC I will begin organizing "Crusaders vs. Warlords" on Saturdays. I will also dedicate June 6th and 13th to this time and see how it goes. As usual, all are invited to participate.

Thanks again to all who played this week and thank you to Katze for announcing the event :D
Attachments
cvw.png
cvw.png (65.06 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
pelmeni
Peon
Peon

Post by pelmeni »

WHO is the king of pvp? xD 8) 8) 8) :P