Whats going on with the server?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
undecim
Peon
Peon

Re: Whats going on with the server?

Post by undecim »

Matt wrote:well the same server hosts the entire infrastructure of the polish secret service, so...
Even so, this attack seems to only be targeting the map server, as the character server works fine. (i.e. you can log in, change password, look at characters... just don't try to use them)
"I think, therefore I exist" is a flawed logic. If the universe were a function, any mathematician could graph our synapses.
Just as the sine wave resonates and e^x is its own derivative, we need be only an idea to do anything at all.
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

whoever is doing this really sucks :( I hope their face falls off.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
Ben141
Novice
Novice

Post by Ben141 »

damn...you mean...we can't play TMW?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
sakasurf
Peon
Peon

Post by sakasurf »

damn!
Last edited by sakasurf on 07 Jul 2009, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around"
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

It would indeed be great if their face fell off, however they don't have one. The culprit was recently identified as a juvenile Faceless Mmobug.

The Faceless Mmobug (Mmobogus facinullus) attacks MMOs and corrupts various aspects of them. For example, some time back the game Runescape was attacked and permanently lost its Enjoyability. Although the effects of the Faceless Mmobug, as well as other Mmobugs such as the Speckled and the Wireless, are often irreversible, they can be counteracted if detected early. A Mmobug vaccination is available, but most MMO hosts are skeptical about the actual existence of the Mmobug and do not see any point in purchasing this vaccine, which is costly.
The most common symptoms of a Mmobug attack are: Not being able log in; Inability to proceed past either the Character or World selection screen; all items automatically unequipped, or simply becoming invisible; your inventory automatically emptying its contents upon the ground and often far away from you, right next to that n00b who instantly steals all your rares; trade windows automatically accepting before the other player can add the money; PvP enabling itself in all areas; your stats resetting but you don't get any status points; monsters somehow quadruple their strength and hitpoints and become aggressive as well as the punishment for death becoming character deletion.

~from, Roberton's Guide to Common Internet-Dwelling Household Pests, and how to Eradicate them without Harmful Chemicals
Enchilado

The Developers have contacted the IPES*, who are investigating the matter.

* Internet Pest Eradication Service
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

some time back the game Runescape was attacked and permanently lost its Enjoyability.
Truer words have never been spoken :lol:
Pixel Battalion
Ben141
Novice
Novice

Post by Ben141 »

Enchilado! wrote:Runescape was attacked and permanently lost its Enjoyability.
What, Runescape EVER had enjoyability? I can't be bothered spending however much it is per month for membership on a game I'm gonna get bored of in about 2 weeks.
mandypinkmind
Peon
Peon

Post by mandypinkmind »

oh noooo! :cry: so there is a server problem... i hope the devs people can fix the problem soon.... :|
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

GOOD MORNING @all

As I awake from sleeping, i hope Mana World is back online and I could advance to magic level 2 in the morning, but bad news...the same problem as yesterday, it is started after the HMC meeting and Snake Pit Raid launches 19:30 game time, the server going down through DDOS attacks or such anything else.

Best wishes from me, much luck, i hope it could be fast repaired or rescued!!!
Sorry that I could not help, i wish i could...
Getafix
Novice
Novice

Post by Getafix »

Well?
When is it getting solved? I can't hardly wait. And when I see the online users list, I always see sugarcorgit online =x
Sometimes, it is better to forgive your foes, this annoys them the most.
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

Robertson's Guides are mostly published before 2003, except the latest book, entitled Robertson's Guide to the Scaleless Fishes of the Saharan Oases, which is invaluable to every desert fish taxidermist.
Runescape was a highly enjoyable game for the first week or so after its release, when it had two worlds (1, USA and 2, USA), three quests (Cook's Assistant, Dragon Slayer and Fetch me a Bucket which was later discontinued), seven NPCs which I won't bother to list and graphics created by the ten-year-old designer using the 'image editor' included with the Microsoft Office programs and found by right-clicking an icon and choosing to draw your own (it has capabilities for 10x10 pixels and nearly 20 different colours).

~Hope the server's up soon!
Enchilado
Nethack
Peon
Peon

Post by Nethack »

Back up
Ben141
Novice
Novice

Post by Ben141 »

YYYAY!
Nethack
Peon
Peon

Post by Nethack »

Is it back down? can't seem to work...
undecim
Peon
Peon

Post by undecim »

yup.... online player list keeps going to "No User Is Online"

/me Gets to work on programming projects to pass the time

Waiting for the online player list to hit double digits before i try again.
"I think, therefore I exist" is a flawed logic. If the universe were a function, any mathematician could graph our synapses.
Just as the sine wave resonates and e^x is its own derivative, we need be only an idea to do anything at all.