New quests

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

knulfine
Novice
Novice

New quests

Post by knulfine »

Well i have some ideas for new quests as really high levels don't have some quests to do. just trying to get lvl 99
e.g. I'm not a high leveled player with 62 atm but have only one quest left.

So here a few ideas for, let's say lvl 80 and higher.

First off all we would need new areas as there would be more dangerous monsters. You can't mix them up with those e.g. in the mines.
For example some kind of... waterland near the seaslimes... you could cross that seaslime area and on top there'd be some ... seaslimecave or so... and on the other end an entrance to waterland... just for example... So there would be a whole new area with new, more dangerous monsters... Maybe you can enter that area only with a quest (like the barrier in the skull room to get demonmask) or a special item equiped. So you coud be sure, no noob or too low leveled character'd go in there as they would die too fast...

That's the beginning thought. Now there had to be an area you can use to level a bit before doing the more difficult quests. Some watermonsters you can only kill with a weapon you have to get before (quest)... for example a fireweapon... let's say something that looks like the olympical torch or so. You'd be able to kill those watermonsters with it. the higher you dex or luck or dunnowhat is the better you can kill... but maybe not luck and dex 'cause everyone gives points to those, to kill skulls and Jack0... so e.g. high agility or some magic object so you'd need intelligence to use it better...
There comes another idea... a magicland... you know that hut with the spells and mirror? maybe you can start a quest there to a magic land. the quest could enable magic and after that you'd need to do a second quest for the magic object. And with both quests done you can enter magic land and do some magical monsters there and another difficult bigboss... like some... sort of evil witch. you could have walking trees as new monsters there... killed by... uhm the fireweapon from waterland before or some better axe (which you could make with the scythe and something as quest).... and meway invented that bat key... you could have that and some "bat quest" in the magicland. with evil bats as monsters and, like meway said a chest you could open with the bat key and out came some... giant bat or something. it could drop something you need for the evil wich I mentioned before...

Uhm yes. Those are my first thoughts... what do you think about it?
would it be possible? is it worth the energy to spend more thoughts on it?

yours knulfine
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: New quests

Post by meway »

I think that it needs thought for sure. I do like the idea of getting to a place that you wont get bugged by trolls maybe a new town but the path to it is guarded by these things as described :)
knulfine
Novice
Novice

Post by knulfine »

I gave it some more thoughts :-)

I'm not good on technical things but have those ideas. And I can try to create some enemies on gimp... but can't do moving or other behaviour. If someone can tell me how to make some areas I can try that, too.
However...
Here some ideas.
if I kept the idea of these two new areas i mentioned (waterland and magicland)...
there'd be at least 2 new weapons (axe for walking trees and firesomething for watermonsters). And - is it possible to enable magic? so there could be a spell or magic itself (to use the spell) you have to level for doing that final magic boss (like the witch i mentioned)
So there'd be a few quests.

That hut in the woods, with the spells and mirror'd be the perfect place to start a quest. You'd talk to that wizard in the front room, he'd tell you about some evil witch in magicland. She bewiched the trees and flowers itself so they would walk and do dunnowhat. You'd agree to help killing that witch or magic monster (harder to beat than Jack0). Then the wizard'd tell you, you'd need some special axe and you had to talk to NPC Hinnak (where you get the scythe)
Hinnak told you something about a special axe for special, evil, walking trees. something like that. You'd have to bring him some items. e.g. 1 Scythe, some iron ore (or magic ore from meways idea or both), infantry helmets, and GP. he'd give you the axe and you could talk to the wizard in the hut again. You'd need enough intelligence to enter magicland and you'd have to prove you're intelligence by bringing him one of the better healing potions (from that NPC in the house at the mines).
Okay. That could be the quest to enter that magicland. Inside magicland there'd be some cave or wood or house and inside it somewhere'd be the hint, you'd have to go to waterland for the magicweapon to kill the bad magic monster that bewiched the trees and flowers to become evil and the hint would further tell you to do that bat quest for some reason 'cause there'd be dropped the item you needed to enter waterland. You'd have to level on the new monsters there. And at some point you'd have to do that bat quest I mentioned in my previous post. The monster from that bat quest would have a high droprate e.g. 50% for the item needed + 20% for a good healing poiton. dunno if that droprate sounds good.
The needed item dropped would be that fireweapon in waterworld. And this weapon or equipment to be better against the watermonsters, would be the only possibility to enter the barrier before waterland. You'd get that and enter waterland. There'd be some water monsters to level of course. e.g. waterdrops and potioned waterdrops and bigger slimes... something like that.
Somewhere inside waterland there'd be a big watermonster (at an entrance to a cave) you'd need to kill to get past it and get that magic item. Before you'd need to find the hint what you'd need. e.G. some house with an NPC who tells you about some sort of superkey to open the chest in that cave. The NPC would tell you, it could make that key for you if you brought it some items. e.g. something the walking trees from magicland dropped. you'D give her that and the NPC gave you the key.
Inside the cave behind the big watermonster you'd get the magic weapon. And so you could go back to magicland and kill the bad magicmonster or witch or somewhat, which dropped some mask with it's face on it... with a high droprate like the bat-quest-monster. The more intelligence you had the easier it'd be to beat the magic monster.

Uhm... What do you think about that?
Addex
Peon
Peon

Post by Addex »

Even though, Im not even close level 80, I agree.
My new character is Earthmover, my character is gone? :|
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

knulfine wrote:Maybe you can enter that area only with a quest (like the barrier in the skull room to get demonmask) or a special item equiped. So you coud be sure, no noob or too low leveled character'd go in there as they would die too fast...
I've been wanting to see more demon doors in the game (doors that aren't passable until their riddle is satisfied. [Like in the game Fable], but just like our barrier for the demonmask... just with a more notable looking doorway). These generally lead to a chest with rares, or sometimes to an additional large area only accessible through the door (including shortcuts to other areas). This is a possible way to introducing simple puzzles and mini quests such as...
  • requiring the player have an exact amount of gold on them (ie. 7777gp)
  • having never never killed more than 10 maggots, but having killed 10 skulls.
etc.
Having some demon door prerequisits that you can never meet because you've surpassed the ability to satisfy them makes it all the more interesting to play, increases the rarity of some items (making them more swaggy), and forces you to make a few choices. :twisted:

Other than just super rare equipment, chests full or gold, or potions that increase an entire level, as I've said, some doors would just lead to a special area that cannot be accessed any other way (or shortcuts to existing areas). Special areas could consist of a den containing a soul menhir, or npcs that sell equipment normally obtained through item crafting quests (but at very high prices).

But that's just IMHO for more quests and goodies :D
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Hykaro
Novice
Novice

Post by Hykaro »

hmmm Good Idea :mrgreen:

Hykaro
sakasurf
Peon
Peon

Post by sakasurf »

its a good idea, new quest for lvl 80 or 90+
and put some bigger monsters to be the new BOSS!
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around"