Bird Sound Effects

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Bird Sound Effects

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Well, I've been working on a bird as you may have heard (Sorry didn't mean to make an ultra cheesy rhyme) and I have also made Sound effects for it.
Basically the sing kicks in while the bird is on the ground.
As I said previously if it is not possible to wait for the sing to kick in then I'll put some silence at the start of the audio. I need to work on the miss as it sounds crap but anyone who wants to make a miss please do so :) Also please feel free to help me by editing the audio as I'm a newbie here XD
die.ogg
The Die, needs work as it hurts the ears a bit and it sounds a lot like squirrel die :P
(12.19 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
hurt.ogg
The Hurt I think is okay but it sounds like a fluffy :P
(9.29 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
peck.ogg
The Attack, I think it sounds okay but please feel free to tell me otherwise XD
Damn sounds like log head! :(
(7.75 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Sorry didn't mean to make them sound like other monsters! XD

(I still have the sing to attach sorry gonna have to double post! :oops: )
-Nahem - My Characters in use are:
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Are you up for a CHALLENGE? Yes!
Project Hurnscald
I'm currently attempting to develop an Event Arena and I'm looking for ideas!
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Re: Bird Sound Effects

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Sorry! Had to attach sing! :oops:
sing.ogg
The bird sings after sitting for a while... finally one that doesn't sound like another monster! Too bad it's crap... XD
(24.97 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
-Nahem - My Characters in use are:
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Are you up for a CHALLENGE? Yes!
Project Hurnscald
I'm currently attempting to develop an Event Arena and I'm looking for ideas!
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news again, but eAthena only plays 4 sounds at specific times for mobs:
1.hit (when they hit the player)
2.miss
3. hurt (player hits them)
4.death

Currently there is no way to have a mob play a sound when it is not in combat. You could add an ambient sound track of bird noises and have it play for the whole map your mobs are added to.
Zutan
Novice
Novice

Post by Zutan »

That is a shame. Sound effects in the back ground will be nice but sound effects of local flora and fawna would be great. I hope some coder genius finds time to help implement it.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Ambient sound effects would be great, but to make them really enjoyable we need to do some major changes to to whole audio system of the client to allow positional audio. Unless you want the sound of a waterfall to have maximum volume the moment the waterfall comes onto the screen and be silenced abruptly the moment it leaves the screen.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Zutan
Novice
Novice

Post by Zutan »

I thought positional audio existed when monsters attacked. As in if someone else is fighting a monster near by I can hear the slime attacking him. I could be wrong.

By local I mean on your screen.

So if like the animations audio could be added to the monsters it would provide ambient sound specific to each players screen.

If sounds could be linked to a tile then a water fall could have multiple links in its area that produce a 5-10% waterfall noise and then when you get closer as your screen includes more of the linked areas the sound would grow louder due to the stacking.

I'm not a coder but the suggestions might inspire a coder in a different direction.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Positional audio means that volume and stereo panning of a sound effect depends on the position of its source relative to the position of the player.

Currently the Mana client can only play sounds with a fixed volume and stereo panning.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Have played many games where the ambient audio didn't always have to be positional. It was a mix. Mario 64's castle grounds had the birds singing and gave the place a nice sense of space. I think the engine could also handle sound in space, but I can't remember specifics...

I personally think it would be fine to add in a low volume track of ambience that contains the sounds...