[PASS] Prsm

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Prsm to become a GM?

Yes.
86%
No.
14%

Total votes: 70
rodrigo14
Peon
Peon

Re: Prsm

Post by rodrigo14 »

Chicka-Maria wrote:It seems revoting is taken off again X_X lol
I will never surrender
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

Well, I voted yes...even though I don't play...haha.
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

revoting is on :)
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Thanks Ze :D
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
ShadowWolf
Newly Registered User

Post by ShadowWolf »

I cannot honestly say I have spoken to prsm before, but I see him around all the time and have never heard anything negative regarding him from other players, so he has my vote. :)

ShadowWolf
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Ok prsm, my turn. I have known prsm for like 2 years now. Almost 3. (Has it really been that long prsm? I have screen shot of us in the 2008.)

Here is my basic problem prsm;

prsm wrote:We have the manabot, 4144 patches all automate the game to a level that i can't believe was ever intended. If you cant hit ctrl a to attack or z to pick up the drop, what the hell are you doing here and before someone says "What about the physically challenge?" , they can have automation ... its the others i am talking about. I am level 99 and have a level 95 also, i dont play 24/7 but i do play a few hours a day, if i can! i hit ctrl a and z all by myself. I dont see the need for all the extra freebies for the lazies, why should they benefit!! Conversely, if you cant address this issue ..... please make 2 new magic commands... #instant99 and #givemeverything so the rest of us dont have to play with these insensitive rude players! Thanks in advance

Prsm it is not your place to tell people how to play the game. I believe that you can call them out when you clearly see they are doing wrong, but on this subject, you and I will never agree what is wrong. In the real world people are villains and bullies, and we use social constructions to alienate them. But even with those constructs, villains and bullies are part of the human experience, because the light of hope shines the brightest on the darkest nights. In themanaworld, because we can be a new person with a simple account and password, that never will work.

By announcing this, you told a lot of players that you just don't respect them because of how they play, not if they are breaking the rules or not; respect, earns respect, honor, earns honor. How can players even think about showing honor and respect to you, when you clearly stated that everything they do is with out honor and respect, regardless if it actually is to them, to me, or the community as a whole?

Suro Mike Inay wrote:Without honor there is no art, only pretenders in a brawl.
You decided to go into the brawl on that subject and it really made some people upset. I believe that the only view a gm should have is one of enforcing rules. With the above quote and your "honor" posts, it could show that you only want people to play like you do, how you do, and why you do. If they do not play as you do, how you do, and why you do; they are some how less then you and dishonorable.

Judith Henderson wrote:Our greatest strength as a human race is our ability to acknowledge our differences, our greatest weakness is our failure to embrace them.
Just because someone does not play like you do, does not mean they are less then you, prsm. I am not sure, given that we have no ability as a community to create and enforce new rules that we should run around trying to peer pressure people into conforming. I understand that you may not have intended those words to mean that to soo many people, but they did. Don't worry prsm, my mouth runs off to. Honor and morals only count if they are enforced by the rules. So far, no one has been able to create a set of just, right, and enforceable rules on this subject.

Now in saying that,

Lao Tzu wrote:To lead people, walk beside them... As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence. The next best, the people honor and praise. The next, the people fear; and the next, the people hate... When the best leader's work is done the people say, 'We did it ourselves!'
So after 3 years, and this far down the road, here we are.

Even though I believe that the only lasting moral and social changes that can be created with in a group has to come from the group, as a whole, and one person should not decide what is morally or socially correct for anyone but him/herself. I also believe in the person right to voice their opinion and be a catalyst for that social change.

So with that, I will vote yes for prsm. I just hope that we can go from a leader with honor and praise; to a leader that walk besides the group, helping them creating a system for the greater good of the whole, regardless of his personal opinions.

ps
Chicka maria-
sun tzu wrote:Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Thank you for your post and your vote. I respect your opinion and I have read it carefully.

The written word can often be taken out of context, and my sarcasm in the post was to show my frustration at that time, not to insult. You are totally correct that a gm should not express those views, and i wasn't one when i wrote that. If I am lucky enough to get the support from the community in a gm role, I will enforce the rules outlined.

We will endeavor to disagree on many topics, but I am always happy to see you in the game.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Dark water get my characters name off your post I'm sick of your harassment. This topic is about prsm if you want to talk to me talk to me on game an stop hiding behind forums.
Yubaba
Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Post by Kandiman »

prsm wrote:Thank you for your post and your vote. I respect your opinion and I have read it carefully.

The written word can often be taken out of context, and my sarcasm in the post was to show my frustration at that time, not to insult. You are totally correct that a gm should not express those views, and i wasn't one when i wrote that. If I am lucky enough to get the support from the community in a gm role, I will enforce the rules outlined.

We will endeavor to disagree on many topics, but I am always happy to see you in the game.
To be completely honest, I had my doubts on your qualification for the role Prsm. I discussed it with my guild and decided to cast my vote yes without comment. I was 100% on my view of you as an outstanding player, but this post from you has cemented in my mind that the decision I made to cast yes was the right one. Good luck to you sir, and may our community be stronger for your acceptance.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I have had the opportunity to speak with prsm on many occasions. He has always been honest and to the point. We have discussed handling situations from a personal perspective, in-game and out, and prsm relays an even handedness that is crucial to being a GM. To me, the key to being a good GM is the ability to set aside friendships, dislikes, and personal feelings all together. Because of my conversations with prsm, I firmly believe that he will be an excellent GM. He has my vote.

BC

Ps. Lets keep this thread on topic please.
sexy red bearded GM
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Hello Prsm, can you please post your usual playing times so that we can check how much it would improve the time coverage of the server to make you a gm? It would also be nice to know which languages you are able to communicate in.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Hello Crush, i normally play a few hours from 1600-1900 server time , than back on again
23:00-3:00. sometimes more, sometimes less.

For languages English, typo and some french! Hope that helps.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

prsm wrote:Thank you for your post and your vote. I respect your opinion and I have read it carefully.

Much as Kandiman did, I discussed this with friends before voting. I concluded that I although you and I occasionally disagree about things, you have unimpeachable integrity and would be a good GM.
You got my vote.

Prm, your response to Dark Water both confirmed my high opinion of your character and addressed my concerns.
You've long been a helpful and wise presence in the game. May you get even more satisfaction from serving as GM.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Prsm is always online mostly, hes online when other GM's arnt :) he would be a great help for server coverage crush ;)

Regards,
Yubaba
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

The six-plus months I've known Prsm I found he's always had a great sense of humor, been an unselfish player, and been fair to all.