Ok, now this is censorship

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Re: Ok, now this is censorship

Post by Drmgiver »

Matt wrote:And why should we care about you?
Which also happens to be what the devs are saying to the people playing the game.
Shaili (a.k.a. tds)
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaili (a.k.a. tds) »

There is too money ingame. It's a fact. A partial wipe is not penalizing, is balancing.
Ingame I am: Shaili, Lv. 9X

Image Proud Italian TMW Player

Image You can find me on Last.fm
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

You are the ones talking about taking away gold/items/levels arent you? What do you think that is?
It seems like we are running alpha (correct me if I'm wrong). You should not expect anything that you do in a piece of software that is in such an early state to retain any features that it may have.
Actually I believe we are still in Pre-alpha! So basically when your playing this game your just helping us test a very unfinished product.

As a Tester its your job to find bugs and report them, not exploit them! You should also be aware that because this is a TEST server its going to be replaced at some point...and is subject to change at anytime!

Pre-alpha

Sometimes a build known as pre-alpha is issued, before the release of an alpha or beta. In contrast to alpha and beta versions, the pre-alpha is not "feature complete". When it is used, it refers to all activities performed during the software project prior to software testing. These activities can include requirements analysis, software design, software development and unit testing.

In Open Source world, there are several types of pre-alpha versions. Milestone versions include specific sets of functionality and are released as soon as the functionality is complete. Nightly builds are versions that are usually automatically checked out from the revision control system and built, typically over night; these versions allow the testers to test the recently implemented functionality immediately, and find the new bugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_stage

You are participating in an Open Source project, anyone can become a developer!!
Pixel Battalion
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Post by Drmgiver »

Len wrote:
You are the ones talking about taking away gold/items/levels arent you? What do you think that is?
It seems like we are running alpha (correct me if I'm wrong). You should not expect anything that you do in a piece of software that is in such an early state to retain any features that it may have.
Actually I believe we are still in Pre-alpha! So basically when your playing this game your just helping us test a very unfinished product.

As a Tester its your job to find bugs and report them, not exploit them! You should also be aware that because this is a TEST server its going to be replaced at some point...and is subject to change at anytime!

Pre-alpha

Sometimes a build known as pre-alpha is issued, before the release of an alpha or beta. In contrast to alpha and beta versions, the pre-alpha is not "feature complete". When it is used, it refers to all activities performed during the software project prior to software testing. These activities can include requirements analysis, software design, software development and unit testing.

In Open Source world, there are several types of pre-alpha versions. Milestone versions include specific sets of functionality and are released as soon as the functionality is complete. Nightly builds are versions that are usually automatically checked out from the revision control system and built, typically over night; these versions allow the testers to test the recently implemented functionality immediately, and find the new bugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_stage

You are participating in an Open Source project, anyone can become a developer!!
Ok, then fix those bugs. I have never said you couldn't. I encourage you to. When did I ever say I didn't encourage you to? Again (and again and again and again and again) thats not what I have a problem with. Oh, and of course its not like you didn't know about the fast attack, hell it was IN THE WIKI! But again, just so your aware, I don't have a problem with bugs getting fixed. (did I mention I don't have a problem with bugs getting fixed yet? maybe I ought to mention that one more time just for clarity) I DON'T CARE THAT BUGS GET FIXED!!!
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

I think now would be a GREAT time to mention that the entire server is getting wiped once we get the TMWServ in place. All accounts will be lost. All progress will be lost (in terms of time spent in game).

What do you think about that Drmgiver?
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Ok, then fix those bugs. I have never said you couldn't. I encourage you to. When did I ever say I didn't encourage you to? Again (and again and again and again and again) thats not what I have a problem with. Oh, and of course its not like you didn't know about the fast attack, hell it was IN THE WIKI! But again, just so your aware, I don't have a problem with bugs getting fixed. (did I mention I don't have a problem with bugs getting fixed yet? maybe I ought to mention that one more time just for clarity) I DON'T CARE THAT BUGS GET FIXED!!!
Yes and I don’t care that you don’t care about bugs! Your playing on a test server its only purpose is to test the game nothing more, its not here to provide you with a long term service and is subject to change at anytime :!:

long term services are going to be provided When and if an official Server is ever released to the public! (expect it to be released sometime between now and doomsday!)

"Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera...”Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera...”Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks. You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!" - 1971 movie Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.
Pixel Battalion
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Post by Drmgiver »

Len wrote:
Yes and I don’t care that you don’t care about bugs! Your playing on a test server its only purpose is to test the game nothing more, its not here to provide you with a long term service and is subject to change at anytime :!:

long term services are going to be provided When and if an official Server is ever released to the public! (expect it to be released sometime between now and doomsday!)

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera...”Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera...”Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks. You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Though I like the Chocolate Factory, original of course, as much as the next guy. Even though much of that latin phrasing didn't even make sense. You are an official developer, that is what your status even says on this forum. Bugs should be your first and foremost concern, and correcting those bugs. Those same ones that yes, the users point out to you. But my question to you is this, where in the description of "user" does it say "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges and licenses herein and herein contained, etc. etc. fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, etc etc memo bis punitor erratum"? Ooooooooor, where does it say in the description of "developer":"ego mos excolo illud ut abigo commodum per quispiam ego suggero" "You lose! Good day sir!"
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Though I like the Chocolate Factory, original of course, as much as the next guy. Even though much of that latin phrasing didn't even make sense. You are an official developer, that is what your status even says on this forum. Bugs should be your first and foremost concern, and correcting those bugs. Those same ones that yes, the users point out to you. But my question to you is this, where in the description of user" does it say "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges and licenses herein and herein contained, etc. etc. fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, etc etc memo bis punitor erratum"? Ooooooooor, where does it say in the description of "developer":"ego mos excolo illud ut abigo commodum per quispiam ego suggero" "You lose! Good day sir!"
I was being cute :wink:
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You act like it would be your god-given right to play the game and play it in the way you want. TMW is our game and we can do with it whatever we like. When you don't like it then create your own game.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Post by Drmgiver »

Crush wrote:You act like it would be your god-given right to play the game and play it in the way you want. TMW is our game and we can do with it whatever we like. When you don't like it then create your own game.
Sure you can crush, and I will give you that. Think about this though, what are you going to do with the game when you have done so much to the users of the game that no one is interested in playing it any more? Going to be a fun game then right? Well...... not so much.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Drmgiver wrote:
Crush wrote:You act like it would be your god-given right to play the game and play it in the way you want. TMW is our game and we can do with it whatever we like. When you don't like it then create your own game.
Sure you can crush, and I will give you that. Think about this though, what are you going to do with the game when you have done so much to the users of the game that no one is interested in playing it any more? Going to be a fun game then right? Well...... not so much.
Crush and I have both Challenged the idea of a total wipe, In favor of alternatives!!
Pixel Battalion
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Post by Drmgiver »

Len wrote:
Drmgiver wrote:
Crush and I have both Challenged the idea of a total wipe, In favor of alternatives!!

And yet the question still stands. By the way, the only "alternative" that should be done is correcting more bugs and getting the application ready for a gold release. Unfortunately, your still whining that people abused those same bugs they found in your program. Instead of taking things away, or using any other form of penalization, you should really be saying thank you.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

Drmgiver, do you not understand that once the 'gold release' as you put it, is released, everything will be wiped from the server? If you use the search function, you will find that this very topic has been discussed many times. You are not the first to complain about character progress being lost, but unless you want to find someway to convert the current characters to the new server, this entire argument is a complete waste of time. In the mean time, please do enjoy the software in the state that it is in with the understanding that everything could be wiped tomorrow, unless YOU are willing to find a way to prevent that from happening (which begins with understanding why it will happen).
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Post by Drmgiver »

Dr Wahl wrote:Drmgiver, do you not understand that once the 'gold release' as you put it, is released, everything will be wiped from the server? If you use the search function, you will find that this very topic has been discussed many times. You are not the first to complain about character progress being lost, but unless you want to find someway to convert the current characters to the new server, this entire argument is a complete waste of time. In the mean time, please do enjoy the software in the state that it is in with the understanding that everything could be wiped tomorrow, unless YOU are willing to find a way to prevent that from happening (which begins with understanding why it will happen).
Well, thank you for only supporting my point. Yes I acknowledge when this thing goes gold that everything gets erased, and actually, I support that. What I don't support is the actions they are partaking now.
NeonGen
Peon
Peon

Post by NeonGen »

Ok stop me if i'm totally wrong.
very unfinished product.
VERY UNFINISHED!
This game has been Pre-Alpha sins 2006.
After Pre-Alpha comes:
- Alpha Release
- Beta Release
- And then Finally comes the Final release (unless they are continuing through the entire Greek alphabet)
WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE FINAL!
OR EVEN BETA!

Drmgiver: I understand your point! - stay honest!

Devs: I've seen amateur programmer's code 3D games single handedly! - your progress is way to slow!

Other Forum Peeps: Don't talk on a thread where you have absolutely no clue of what's going on!

NeonGen out!
Rotonen wrote:Some people might consider your avatar a bit... too unconventional.
LOL!