Screenshots are a bit old.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Should we add new screenshots?

Yes.
89%
No.
11%

Total votes: 18
0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Screenshots are a bit old.

Post by 0x0BAL »

I suggest to change the screenshots of the game in all the website where the game is being adversited.
One example is sourceforges one http://sourceforge.net/projects/themana ... =directory .
I dont talk about deleting them but what about adding new ones ?
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Screenshots are a bit old.

Post by o11c »

we hardly ever use sourceforge anymore ... the only thing I do there is upload the branding files, and I'm considering moving that to github.

but these are also outdated: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Screenshots
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

o11c wrote:but these are also outdated: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Screenshots
Please, please create better ones also. I tried to make some advertising for TMW on a retro gaming community/forum where I'm a team member and used these screenshots... let's just say I should've created own ones instead. I noticed too late that they are not really representing TMW. I mean... what do new people think when they see a picture of a game where some people are sitting in line with the same dress? At least not that this is fun like the text under the pictures says. I guess it was fun for those who where involved into whatever they did there but those pictures don't catch new people.

Another criticism I read after introducing the game is that for example the pictures of the waterfalls and the entrance of the Northern Cave look boring. "Just a room created without any creativity" they said. Well *I* know that TMW is full of creativity but if I imagine to go into *their* position I got to admit that they have a point there. Those pictures are not well chosen, sorry guys.

This is a good example that the first impression is important (since I could only catch one persons positive attention to the game) even though this first impression is often mistaken (since I know exactly that most of those people would really like TMW). This was quite a bit frustrating.

Hope you guys have an ear for beginners. Sometimes it's not bad to see the (mana) world from a different side than usual.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

well if you need a few ideas, here's a few of my own: link
end of line.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

Multiple choice ftw. Voted yes and no at the same time :->
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Maybe post some screenies of the dev/player meetings as well :) It will allow people to see us whole as a community.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

We can store some screenshots on wiki...

Edit:

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Screenshots
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.