Miscellaneous Changelog

Where game and project announcements are made.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Miscellaneous Changelog

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Making a proper topic after [last time].

This topic will be used for mentioning changes that are worth noting, but which might not warrant their own thread.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Re: Miscellaneous Changelog

Post by Freeyorp101 »

2019-04-07:
  • Renamed MAF-Saulc to Saulc on the wiki
  • Renamed MAF-Saulc to Saulc on the forums
  • Made Saulc a Wiki Admin
  • Made Jesusalva a Wiki Admin
  • Actually let regular users upload files to the wiki again (Why was this a thing. This is supposed to be an open project. Why.)

---Freeyorp
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

2019-05-25:
  • GNU+Linux renamed to GNULinux, librarycogs renamed to GNU+Linux on forums, by user request

---Freeyorp
GNU+Linux
Peon
Peon

Post by GNU+Linux »

Thank you for changing my nicks :) I really appreciate it.
May the freedom software be with you!
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I'm stealing this thread (and sticking to the top) to post some minor updates. I was going to open a similar one anyway.

Sorry for all the topic movement in the development sections. I've been wanting all map-related posts to be in graphics development but EJlol pointed out to me that we hadn't been doing that consistently and the section descriptions were also suggesting that maps belong in content development. From now on, all topics about mapping and tiles will belong in graphics development. This is to offload some activity from content development which is already a huge section.

Okay that's it. Now go make some cool maps, yes?

TMW Team member

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Newly Registered Users now become Users at 10 posts, down from 20. I'm trialing this, so it may not last.

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Wiki is in read only mode for a while for scheduled maintenances, no ETA on this yet.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

The Mana World: rEvolt test server has temporarily moved.

It is now being served under port 6904. If you are using jak1's nightly, it should show up on server list (press "Load"). If it is jak1 stable or ManaPlus, it will not show up - In fact, test server won't show up at all (neither of them). You'll have to add them manually.

It is now using the same credentials it used to accept before TMW Evolved. We are looking for people interested on the rEvolt project to test its new proposed gameplay rules.

Complains about “OMG this is different from Legacy” will be disregarded. Constructive feedback, on other hand, is welcome. And if you go the extra mile and submit us a patch we'll even give you an Acorn for it, to show our appreciation.

TL;DR
- No changes to TMW Legacy (Stable)
- No changes to TMW Evolved Test Server
- No changes to TMW rEvolt (Stable)
- TMW rEvolt (Test Server) moved from port 6902 to 6904
- You no longer use TMW Legacy/Evolved credentials to login on rEvolt test server.
- Please make a new char, the changes are substantial.

Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

During the next month, we'll be replacing "Legacy" and "Evolved" with "Classic" (either "Classic (running under tmwAthena)" or "Classic (running under evolHercules)" but that's technicalities)

The wiki has already been updated (actually, it is still updating as we speak), NetSysFire/Esteria helped setting up redirects so your old bookmarks should still work. It was also updated to use HSTS. If links are broken, or you cannot access it, please report so we can fix it.

We are also updating DNS records accordingly ─ for example, https://classic.themanaworld.org and https://ml.themanaworld.org which are pretty much what already existed under different DNS entries.

These are all misc changes ─ You probably will want to update your bookmarks, but they should keep working for an undefined period of time.

Numa
Mana Minion
Mana Minion

Post by Numa »

If you're looking for player shops, most are now in Tulimshar Bazaar.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Changes performed on my scopes of grants and authority in the project:

• Transferred TMW Classic Development Leadership to Ledmitz

• Transferred Moubootaur Legends Development Leadership to Esteria

• Transferred Mana Spheres Development Leadership to DiamondPython

• Transferred TMW rEvolt Development Leadership to Micksha

• Removed Jesusalva developer permissions from all repositories except where required by integrations, mana launcher, mirror lake, Vault, Crossroads, mana spheres and rEvolt.

• Jesusalva remains as system admin, and these changes are untouched

Officially resigning developer role, I remain in system admin role, please direct further development questions to the new (possibly interim) leads described in this post. You can still contact me for data rights, restarts, deployments and such.

Regards,

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Mod support was added, and this might break local updates which relies in client-data/monsters existing.

It can easily be fixed by adding the attached file to "local/mods" (follow the instructions on the file!)

Alternatively, you can go to F9 (Settings) > Mods and enable the outdated version, and you can also extract TMW-Mods.zip for references.

Note: For anyone concerned to whom this might interest, this also provides compatibility between "Evolved" and "Legacy" monsters. There are issues which should be fixed, though.

Attachments
monsters.xml
(310 Bytes) Downloaded 47 times

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Bjorn, ThinkSome and meway were approved by The Mana World Team for the "Developer" position (congratz / welcome back / my condolences)!

DiamondPython is stepping down from Developer to Adviser.

Manasource forums were un-archived and can now be accessed in Client Development section.

You can download a nightly Manasource build for Linux here.

The Mana Client can only be used to connect to The Mana World Classic and still has some bugs. Feel free to report any further bug you may find, or submit patches.

And in case you missed it, Hunt the Hungry Fluffies VIII event is ongoing and will give prizes in both servers.

Also: I fixed GM Logs for January and February 2024. Sorry. I believe they are still broken, but I'll eventually get around fixing them :alt-4:

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Hi, just in case the post remains deleted by <redacted>, I have also resigned. No, I don't go back on my words ─ if I did, they would hold no weight. I am too flimsy already, so if I want my word to have worth, I must uphold them. And as I said I resigned, this means I must remain so.

Therefore, I wish the best luck to Ledmitz.

Regards,