TMW Organization - TMW Team
Posted: 13 Mar 2013, 17:46
The Mana World Collective (TMWC)
The Mana World Team:
- The purpose of the TMWC is to make or delegate decisions regarding the running of The Mana World (TMW).
- There are different scopes under TMWC's authority in order to balance and separate the projects responsibility and management.
- TMWC understands that all members are h8ere to help each other fulfill the common vision of making a Open Source 2D MMORPG.
- Someone can hold part or all of a role and not be a TMWC member, but they need to have the required knowledge or experience to fulfill that role.
- To become a TMWC member, you need to gain in membership in the one of the following categories of contributors; Game Master,Server Admin, or Developer and must be approved by a majority of TMWC.
- In the event that no TMWC remain, but roles are fulfilled by non-TMWC members. Those members may assume
- TMWC title to fulfill TMWC's duties to their best ability.
- Changes to TMWC governance and/or Organization
- Changes to Game, Forum, Etiquette and Wiki rule changes. (not guidelines)
- Voting a member into TMWC or to adviser status or to revoke membership or ban a member.
- If a member becomes inactive (stops) in their contributions for a period longer than 1 year, they will be moved to adviser status.
- Prior members only have to show activity again to regain status.
- Any member can call a vote to revoke someone's membership or ban a member.
- At any time, any member may revoke their own membership or opt for adviser status.
- Maintain guidelines for contributors to follow on the wiki.
- Maintain documentation on changes made.
- Provide tutorials, training and/or time to newer contributors.
- Leadership among the contributors will be done without coercion.
- Addressing community Forums posts / polls / suggestions
- Responsible for moderating and enforcing the rules of the game, wiki and forums.
- All Game Masters are members of The Mana World Collective.
- To become a Game Master, a person must be voted in by the player community
- Are those that have ssh access to the server and are responsible for server restarts, maintenance, and the general health of the server overall.
- Are those that are Forum Admins and/or Wiki Admins.
- Are those that deal with Account resets/info and aid in GM investigations.
- To become a member of this group, a person must first show the appropriate knowledge and willingness to devote time.
- Programmers are responsible for making changes to the code base.
- Content Creators are responsible for adding quests, items and monsters either via scripting, mapping, sound, client theme or pixel art.
- Web developers are responsible for the website's front and/or back-end work.
- Translators work on client,server and wiki data to provide them in as many languages as we can.
- Developer group maintains a visible project plan.
- To become a member of this group, a person must show appropriate knowledge, contribute to the project and learn and gain 'git' access.
- To become a member of this group, a person needs to be a prior contributor and TMWC member.
- No longer actively contribute.
- Allowed to vote/post as TMWC.
- Allowed to run for Board.
- Maintain Open Records of Public Meetings (Secretaries Notes (irc log for meeting is fine)).
- Maintain Financial Records (Treasurer Report).
- Maintain a Quarterly Meeting (If not monthly).
- Pay bills and acquire services & support for TMW the Project & Contributors.
- The board will be the SPI Liaison or appoint one.
- Hold elections for board positions coming open.
- Hold the contributors & TMWC members accountable to their duties & guidelines.
- All other powers remain within their respective TMWC domains otherwise.
- All other votes still have to pass the same TMWC channels as before.
- President - Organizes and creates the agenda for each meeting.
- Vice President - Fills anyone's role in absence.
- Secretary - Keeps notes on meeting, publishes them to forums/wiki for public
- Treasurer - Pays TMW's bills, reports finannces back to the Board, publishes treasurer report to the forum/wiki
- Members of TMWC (including advisers) can run for a position on the board.
- Members can nominate themselves or accept someone else nominating them.
- Nominations should be open for at least 1 month.
- Members with the most votes win. In case of a tie have host another vote between the members that tied.
- Members are elected and run for TERMS of 1 year.
- After the elections are held and positions are filled, the new board members decide how roles are divided up.
- In case of vacant role, other members can wear more than one hat while attempting to find another member.
- TMWC and an advisers are always allowed to vote.
- TMWC can choose to make elections open to more voters than TMWC and advisers.
- TMWC can always call for a vote of no confidence to impeach a member or all of the board and hold new elections.
The Mana World Team:
- prsm - Game Master
- Narus - Game Master
- Big Crunch - Game Master
- 4144 - Developer, Administrator
- gumi - Developer
- WildX - Developer, Administrator
- Alige - Developer
- Reid - Developer, Administrator
- omatt - Developer
- EJlol - Developer
- Freeyorp - Administrator
- mistergrey - Game Master
- mas886 - Game Master
- monwarez - Developer
- Micksha - Developer
- Silent Dawn
- President: (vacant seat)
- Vice President: (vacant seat)
- Secretary: (vacant seat)
- Treasurer: (vacant seat)