Network issues

Where game and project announcements are made.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Network issues

Post by wushin »

Sorry for the recent outages we have been having issues with our network provider and routing. We hope to have this 100% straightened out soon enough. Thanks for your patience.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Network issues

Post by AnonDuck »

I'm normally pretty forthcoming with information but this would just take hours to explain.

tl;dw: Telecommunications companies are an absolute nightmare to deal with. Whether it's a $5/mo phone or a $50k/mo fiber link they treat you about the same, and when they screw up.. good luck getting it fixed.

It's just been a bad month.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Octopus
Novice
Novice

Post by Octopus »

Any idea when it will be fixed? Last night I was training and got kicked and I still can't get back logged in ( it's been over 13 hours ) :cry:
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

One thing to note that I still don't understand.... When I try to connect, I can... but it takes forever. I run Debian unstable.

When Queen Bee tries to connect, she gets the can't connect message. She is on XP.

we are both behind the same router.

not sure if it's relevant, just trying to help with what little info I had. I really thought the problem was on our side at first.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

The default time out for gnu linux distros is 4minutes. I think its less for windows thats why she gets the message.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Just went over the configuration and found a lingering small problem. Should be good now. If you continue to have issues it's probably on your end.
Head of the TMW Illuminati