TMW/Evol Union

Where game and project announcements are made.
User avatar
bcs86
Novice
Novice
Posts: 259
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 18:14
Contact:

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by bcs86 » 30 Jul 2016, 07:46

CR1 had many such "completely valid" points. Better server, higher quality standards, ...
The team had it all planned out and for sure it was going to all work out.
There was a nice SVG map of "Newbington", and it seemed the skilled developers were on-board with the plan.
Except... "Reid's INN", and "Project Kaizei" got the last hurrah, and once it was time to put theory to practice the CR developers were nowhere to be found.
That was the tragedy, now to repeat itself as comedy.

Pose on the forums as entertained, Mikko, but the joke is on you.
Mikko
Peon
Peon
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Jan 2015, 12:44

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by Mikko » 30 Jul 2016, 10:30

bcs86 wrote:
Fair enough, but the fact of the matter is that good games are remembered and bad games are forgotten, the important thing is to not waste your efforts on a lost cause.
dragoon84
Novice
Novice
Posts: 119
Joined: 11 May 2016, 11:45
Location: Portugal

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by dragoon84 » 30 Jul 2016, 10:43

i agree with you Mikko. He is lost in his memories and do get it self out to see the future.
User avatar
bcs86
Novice
Novice
Posts: 259
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 18:14
Contact:

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by bcs86 » 30 Jul 2016, 14:13

I shall have the last laugh. There is no future for the crack-head and his sheeple. You little peons will know bcs86 was right, and superior.

I stand alone against you all. Get off my project.
4144
Client Developer
Client Developer
Posts: 916
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 12:57

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by 4144 » 30 Jul 2016, 16:41

bcs86 wrote:CR1 had many such "completely valid" points. Better server, higher quality standards, ...
Main idea for cr1 was drop one type of server completely and switch to another. This mean drop anything and start from scratch. No scrips, maps and no dev who know how use new server. Also new server really was much worse than old one. But it can be extended for missing features. But dev not did this at first, they left it for future. And it failed.

Tmwa (current tmw server) is fork from very old eAthena version. At this time it was very unstable. Tmw devs get it and removed all incomplete features or features what they not understand. As result current tmw server is stripped version of eAthena from 2004 year...

eAthena was developed for some time, but development stuck a bit. And eAthena was forked to rAthena. this server continue to improve and add new features. After some time it stuck in development too. And rAthena was forked to Hercules. As result Hercules is fixed and improved version of eAthena and this mean fixed and improved version of current tmw server.
dragoon84
Novice
Novice
Posts: 119
Joined: 11 May 2016, 11:45
Location: Portugal

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by dragoon84 » 30 Jul 2016, 16:56

hey bcs86 you loose :lol: . The needs of many surpass the needs of the few :lol:
User avatar
bcs86
Novice
Novice
Posts: 259
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 18:14
Contact:

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by bcs86 » 30 Jul 2016, 19:48

dragoon84 wrote:hey bcs86 you loose :lol: . The needs of many surpass the needs of the few :lol:
Except you need me more than I need you. You know how we lol.

HA!-HA!-HA!
dragoon84
Novice
Novice
Posts: 119
Joined: 11 May 2016, 11:45
Location: Portugal

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by dragoon84 » 30 Jul 2016, 23:13

No!! I don't need you :lol: :lol: :lol:
You been KO :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1531
Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 03:10
Location: Internet

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by Chicka-Maria » 05 Aug 2016, 00:00

bcs86 wrote:It will fail. The points for "fusion" are bogus. Do not let this go forward.
The "community" is a sentimental veil for a distracting, secretive (because it is bogus), and confusion-sowing ambition.
Two games with their own practices are better than one muddy belly-flop.
By hackers for hackers.
I agree, with this.

Also, This is stupid and the fact players are being forced to merge is ridiculous. They are two different games and two different servers and should be kept as such. Of course evol will agree to merge, they barely have any players. Don't ruin what's left of TMW, take steps back and readd certain things players liked, Put some of the old map designs (with fixes of course) that players actually enjoyed and could find their way around. TMW used to be very popular (at least more than now) because of certain things in TMW such as easter eggs that were removed, maps changed constantly not fixed, most used npcs being moved CONSTANTLY like the barbers. Adding stuff was great it was something new to explore to the content people already had and liked, not changing everything they were used to already. Now you are planning to change it once AGAIN and merge with Evol. This is dumb and disrespectful to the developers who actually put time and effort into this server through out the years to help it grow, not just throw it away. Ridiculous, and very poor way of giving up, would rather see people retire and move on than change it for the worse then leave.

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
http://themanaempire.webs.com/ - The Mana Empire Guild Website
Alexander Pope wrote:No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday.
User avatar
Try-zar
Peon
Peon
Posts: 34
Joined: 08 Jul 2010, 08:01
Location: South Africa
Contact:

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by Try-zar » 05 Aug 2016, 01:09

Chicka-Maria wrote:
bcs86 wrote:It will fail. The points for "fusion" are bogus. Do not let this go forward.
The "community" is a sentimental veil for a distracting, secretive (because it is bogus), and confusion-sowing ambition.
Two games with their own practices are better than one muddy belly-flop.
By hackers for hackers.
I agree, with this.

Also, This is stupid and the fact players are being forced to merge is ridiculous. They are two different games and two different servers and should be kept as such. Of course evol will agree to merge, they barely have any players. Don't ruin what's left of TMW, take steps back and readd certain things players liked, Put some of the old map designs (with fixes of course) that players actually enjoyed and could find their way around. TMW used to be very popular (at least more than now) because of certain things in TMW such as easter eggs that were removed, maps changed constantly not fixed, most used npcs being moved CONSTANTLY like the barbers. Adding stuff was great it was something new to explore to the content people already had and liked, not changing everything they were used to already. Now you are planning to change it once AGAIN and merge with Evol. This is dumb and disrespectful to the developers who actually put time and effort into this server through out the years to help it grow, not just throw it away. Ridiculous, and very poor way of giving up, would rather see people retire and move on than change it for the worse then leave.

Regards,
Chicka
I... don't.

I think the biggest destroyer of this game is the old players' desire to keep their stuff and money. On top of that, you all constantly worked to remove all fairness in the game for the sake of 'balancing' the economy by removing any way for new players to catch up to the old players. The way to farm some money off bat parts and iron ore so you can get the best armor in the game. You could buy a chain mail shirt in shops and have the blacksmiths make you a full set of armor after a week of farming. Then against the outcry if the player you introduced the damn coal and ingots - something you stole from a game that died because of it - forcing new players to pay EXPENSIVE prices and jump through hoops killing unbalanced monsters to get the same stuff and you removed items from damn shops and blacksmiths. You also removed the farming options which YOU ALL used to get your money and gear.

Want to know why your server numbers dropped? Not bugs (although the whole registration thing was a pain), but because you added stuff nobody asked for. The fact that you wanted the old players to keep their 'ill-gotten' gains while breaking the economy was unfair and people left because of it. You can't have both and call it fair or balanced.

Why is TMW userbase bigger? It's been around longer and it's better known. That's the only reason. Evol brings with it innovation and balanced game mechanics. Merge that with TMWs maps and remove the ill-gotten gains to ACTUALLY balance the game and make it fair - and you have a game better than both of it.

But instead you female dog, wolf, fox or otter because that would mean losing your stuff - stuff you technically cheated to get (in the current game mechanics). Seriously, do what's best since you will gain a lot - and stop focusing on the stuff you'd lose - you never worked to get it like new players would anyway...
User avatar
wushin
Borg Queen (Lead)
Borg Queen (Lead)
Posts: 1749
Joined: 18 Dec 2012, 06:56
Location: RiverBest, Brew City, Merica
Contact:

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by wushin » 05 Aug 2016, 02:02

The only work we are going to lose is the work on the engine, TMWA. The content is going to make it into the new game.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
User avatar
deepthought
Novice
Novice
Posts: 315
Joined: 01 Sep 2014, 11:32
Location: India

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by deepthought » 05 Aug 2016, 05:30

Huh, sighs. You people neither play nor make any contributions but sure be here to oppose anything that will make the game better. The developers have nothing to gain to from this move. They are only doing it for community and make TMW better game. Listen to what 4144 said. Hercules engine is best and we don't need to maintain our modified eathena server anymore. The games are different but we can edit the background story to include both evol's and tmw's stories.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
User avatar
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1531
Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 03:10
Location: Internet

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by Chicka-Maria » 05 Aug 2016, 05:31

Try-zar wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:
bcs86 wrote:It will fail. The points for "fusion" are bogus. Do not let this go forward.
The "community" is a sentimental veil for a distracting, secretive (because it is bogus), and confusion-sowing ambition.
Two games with their own practices are better than one muddy belly-flop.
By hackers for hackers.
I agree, with this.

Also, This is stupid and the fact players are being forced to merge is ridiculous. They are two different games and two different servers and should be kept as such. Of course evol will agree to merge, they barely have any players. Don't ruin what's left of TMW, take steps back and readd certain things players liked, Put some of the old map designs (with fixes of course) that players actually enjoyed and could find their way around. TMW used to be very popular (at least more than now) because of certain things in TMW such as easter eggs that were removed, maps changed constantly not fixed, most used npcs being moved CONSTANTLY like the barbers. Adding stuff was great it was something new to explore to the content people already had and liked, not changing everything they were used to already. Now you are planning to change it once AGAIN and merge with Evol. This is dumb and disrespectful to the developers who actually put time and effort into this server through out the years to help it grow, not just throw it away. Ridiculous, and very poor way of giving up, would rather see people retire and move on than change it for the worse then leave.

Regards,
Chicka
I... don't.

I think the biggest destroyer of this game is the old players' desire to keep their stuff and money. On top of that, you all constantly worked to remove all fairness in the game for the sake of 'balancing' the economy by removing any way for new players to catch up to the old players. The way to farm some money off bat parts and iron ore so you can get the best armor in the game. You could buy a chain mail shirt in shops and have the blacksmiths make you a full set of armor after a week of farming. Then against the outcry if the player you introduced the damn coal and ingots - something you stole from a game that died because of it - forcing new players to pay EXPENSIVE prices and jump through hoops killing unbalanced monsters to get the same stuff and you removed items from damn shops and blacksmiths. You also removed the farming options which YOU ALL used to get your money and gear.

Want to know why your server numbers dropped? Not bugs (although the whole registration thing was a pain), but because you added stuff nobody asked for. The fact that you wanted the old players to keep their 'ill-gotten' gains while breaking the economy was unfair and people left because of it. You can't have both and call it fair or balanced.

Why is TMW userbase bigger? It's been around longer and it's better known. That's the only reason. Evol brings with it innovation and balanced game mechanics. Merge that with TMWs maps and remove the ill-gotten gains to ACTUALLY balance the game and make it fair - and you have a game better than both of it.

But instead you ***** because that would mean losing your stuff - stuff you technically cheated to get (in the current game mechanics). Seriously, do what's best since you will gain a lot - and stop focusing on the stuff you'd lose - you never worked to get it like new players would anyway...

Of course I'm gonna argue, I've been on this game for 7 years and I earned my things that I achieved so yeah old players put the time and effort to find things they should be able to keep their stuff. it took me a long time to get the things I did, why should all that be removed because of new players who want everything and not work for it like others have. 7 years to a week....yeah thats fair...(sarcasm btw). I agree the economy blows at the moment but that can be fixed. Like i said, things should have been added not changed to a majority. The warlord plate used to be able to get for 100k from the shop. That shouldn't have been changed. I farmed for hours to get that armor when I first joined and I actually felt like i accomplished something it's why I got interested in this game. Anyone can change the price, ingots should have been used for an add on for new armor not a current one. Some of the things shouldn't have changed. But if you think i didn't work hard for the stuff i have gotten in the past 7 years you are wrong, I'm sure if you put as much effort and hours into this game as I have you would feel the same way. But apparently you didn't. Also no I didn't cheat, that's why it took me such a long time. But tell yourself whatever to make you feel better.

These are two different games and should be kept as such. It's dumb to merge 2 (very different) things together and probably will be the dumbest decision that's been made for this game. If people want evol then give the game to someone who will actually take care of it and not throw it away and go dev for Evol instead. More logical than merging 2 different games.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
http://themanaempire.webs.com/ - The Mana Empire Guild Website
Alexander Pope wrote:No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday.
User avatar
wushin
Borg Queen (Lead)
Borg Queen (Lead)
Posts: 1749
Joined: 18 Dec 2012, 06:56
Location: RiverBest, Brew City, Merica
Contact:

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by wushin » 05 Aug 2016, 05:36

The old game isn't going anywhere. You still have all the items and levels on it. We are not touching TMW:Forever.

Everyone is welcome to join in spending time on both servers. The new game is just going to have more features and development going on.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
User avatar
soseki
Peon
Peon
Posts: 94
Joined: 19 Apr 2015, 13:17
Location: Rock Plateau

Re: TMW/Evol Union

Post by soseki » 05 Aug 2016, 08:20

I would like to know when is the new server going to be available so that we can test it.
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
Post Reply