Halloween 2016

Where game and project announcements are made.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Halloween 2016

Post by WildX »

Halloween is here once again. An old friend has returned to us from his travels all over Gasaron. The ancient skeleton Gak can be found in the woodlands of Argaes looking to feast on as much candy as he possibly can before Halloween night. You will be able to collect candy that was stolen and scattered all over the world. All kinds of creatures have been greedily hoarding this candy. It's your mission to claim it back and make sure Gak is satisfied. In exchange, you will be rewarded on and after October 31st with some wonderful items that Gak has collected over the past few years.

TMW Team member

soseki
Novice
Novice

Re: Halloween 2016

Post by soseki »

This are awesome news. But since this is probably the last quest that will get into game, it would be awesome if you added as a reward every rare item that has ever been released. This will bring old players which will probably end up playing on the new server and at the end it will be beneficing everyone. Anyways, great job guys! :alt-3:
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Unfortunately that would require more scripting and more testing. Nobody has the time to do that. Only making this happen was a huge stretch of dev resources.

TMW Team member

soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

I think its doable, would need to include about 50 more options to this menu and try to come up with a reasonable price for every item sold there.

Code: Select all

L_Shop_Inventory:
        menu
                "Opera Mask (9,000 credits)", L_Buy_OperaMask,
                "Tell me about the Opera Mask.", L_Info_OperaMask,
                "Jester Mask (7,000 credits)", L_Buy_JesterMask,
                "Tell me about the Jester Mask.", L_Info_JesterMask,
                "Witch's Hat (4,500 credits)", L_Buy_WitchsHat,
                "Tell me about the Witch's Hat.", L_Info_WitchsHat,
                "Goblin Mask (2,500 credits)", L_Buy_GoblinMask,
                "Tell me about the Goblin Mask.", L_Info_GoblinMask,
                "Guy Fawkes Mask (800 credits)", L_Buy_GuyFawkesMask,
                "Tell me about the Guy Fawkes Mask.", L_Info_GuyFawkesMask,
                "Scissors (500 credits)", L_Buy_Scissors,
                "Tell me about the Scissors.", L_Info_Scissors,
                "Shock Sweet (200 credits)", L_Buy_ShockSweet,
                "Tell me about Shock Sweets.", L_Info_ShockSweet,
                "Bone Arrow (1 credit)", L_Buy_BoneArrow,
                "Tell me about Bone Arrows.", L_Info_BoneArrow,
                "Nothing today, thanks.", L_Close;
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

While there are no plans for doing that, anyone is free to contribute.

A reasonable price would be easy. Gak already calculates for you how much candy has been collected in total by everybody, from that you can come up with reasonable prices when the second phase of the quest starts. Then you would need dialogue lines for each item and options for the players to select and obtain said item. THEN you need to make sure nothing you release is too cheap or expensive in a way that might unbalance the economy or make some things too easily obtained and therefore unfair for people who worked for them.

TMW Team member

absdolz
Peon
Peon

Post by absdolz »

oh, i missed this ivent, is it possible open trick or treat again?
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

absdolz wrote:oh, i missed this ivent, is it possible open trick or treat again?
At present, the Halloween Quest with Gak appears to be still open. (This is different from the Trick or Treat Quest, which was shut down weeks ago when the Halloween Quest began.)

But can someone please post the closing date of the Halloween Quest? It would be sad to see a repeat of this:

https://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtop ... 7&p=100725
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

Normally it should be finish in 2 weeks starting from 01 November , so around 16 November. We can't leave it forever , since player that have the possibility to give gak 4 last times candy (4 times = giving candy 4 times or giving 4 different candy)
Friedel3
Peon
Peon

Post by Friedel3 »

I'm still waiting, that it will be opened! I've visited Gak many time during the last 6 weeks, but there was only a sceletton which says gak, gak, gak. No quest.
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Gak is gone cya and thanks for all item :alt-9:
sadly lot of players "glitch/hack" and get all rares in multiple copy :/
but we spend nice moment ! Thanks for all person who worked for Gak comeback :alt-6:
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord