Linux version of ManaWorld0.6a

Where game and project announcements are made.
Sull
Novice
Novice

Linux version of ManaWorld0.6a

Post by Sull »

Download

http://www.anime-com.info/themanaworld/ ... ux.tar.bz2
ScreenShot

*** NEW THING ***

same as 0.5b but with SuperEagle engine

yu can change the speed of the game at game.cpp line 54

install_int_ex(refresh_frame, BPS_TO_TIMER(14)); // the number mean the speed

i removed too the dialog system thats make the game close,dont know why =/

thx yu
Last edited by Sull on 13 Jun 2004, 19:37, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

incredible work!
tumbak
Peon
Peon

Post by tumbak »

i am unable to extract the archive! how did u create it? what options u gave to `tar`?
A.K.A /dev/null
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

ah lol
yu should try with -xjf or -xzf
jui-feng
Peon
Peon

Post by jui-feng »

thx sull. :)

nice desktop/style btw. ;)
ah ^^ better name the file ".tar.bz2" ^^
:> poor english i know ^^ hope you understood a half.. <:

Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

oh and dont forgot yu dont have to compile the 2xsai thing and the server are not the good one
=P
tumbak
Peon
Peon

Re: .

Post by tumbak »

Sull wrote:ah lol
yu should try with -xjf or -xzf
man, if its in bz2 format then name the file in .bz2 :P
A.K.A /dev/null
mocnicom
Peon
Peon

Post by mocnicom »

Compiles great! , but how do you get past the login screen? , it says it can't connect to the login server. I've made a server account from the main page link. Do I have to wait for the linux version to sync to 0.7? And also as a software suggestion, maybe a "connecting" dialog so people don't think the program is frozen, and if possible unlock the mouse. If I knew more c++ I'd help out, maybe one of these days I'll finish learning. I realise that this project is still in heavey developement and early stage, I'm not expecting a full game yet, just wanted to test the GFX engine etc.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well it should go after login screen or maybe it does for me! Wait you don't have to register on the main page that was working for the old server, now you have to add _M at the end of your username when you login for the first time. Then you can go on with some difficulties: if you can create a character but then you can't go on simply restart (and login without _M )

About the connecting dialog yes I was thinking on that just today, I'll add it soon...but about the mouse I don't know if I can make it moving also while connecting because I don't know how to make the connect function non blocking, but sure this is a great problem also if the user wants to cancel connection, so I'm thinking on it.

If you want to contribute your welcome, we're always looking for developers, artists or fans and doesn't matter if you're not experienced because we're n00b too :wink:
mocnicom
Peon
Peon

Post by mocnicom »

Elven Programmer wrote:Well it should go after login screen or maybe it does for me! Wait you don't have to register on the main page that was working for the old server, now you have to add _M at the end of your username when you login for the first time. Then you can go on with some difficulties: if you can create a character but then you can't go on simply restart (and login without _M )

About the connecting dialog yes I was thinking on that just today, I'll add it soon...but about the mouse I don't know if I can make it moving also while connecting because I don't know how to make the connect function non blocking, but sure this is a great problem also if the user wants to cancel connection, so I'm thinking on it.

If you want to contribute your welcome, we're always looking for developers, artists or fans and doesn't matter if you're not experienced because we're n00b too :wink:
I still haven't been able to connect, not even to make a character with the _M , this is with both 0.6a and the latest cvs snapshot, on gentoo linux. I'll try it out in windows later(next time I'm at a windows machine). Is there a certain time when the server is up or something? The 0.6 version would popup a "cant connect to login server" after varying amounts of time, while the cvs snapshot would just sit there trying to connect without any can't connect popup.

Also, did you ever see this project , it may have some applicable code or ideas:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ro-client/
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

You should download the latest version 0.0.7b because the 0.0.6a tryes to connect to a server that is not up anymore (Yeah we changed server)

About the daily snapshot well sometimes it happens, I still have to fix something else, but if the server is up, and I hope it is quite always up you shouldn't have problems! 8)

About the link I already knew that, it was a good help at the beginning, but now it seems TMW got a more powerful code (also because those ro-client uses the old ro protocol)