My resignation from being TMW host.

Where game and project announcements are made.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

To Platyna

Post by Bertram »

Hi Platyna,

I usually don't really care about connecting to the forum, but as everyone here, I had to thank you.

Your skills were/are (depending if TMW has to move) very apreciated, and if you've got problems
with some power users (whoever, whatever, I can't judge), you'll always remain the TMW first Lady for me.

As for now, anger has blown out between you and Bjorn, maybe, I think you both (Bjorn and you)
should take some time to calm down.

You're a great sysadmin, Platyna, and even Bjorn surely admits it.
Bjorn is a great head dev, even if he's got quite some pride, and I also noticed it.

I really think that TMW is wide enough for you still being part of this project without having to interact with Bjorn, and vice-versa. Just my thought.

I also hope Bjorn will have the time to think about it, and maybe later apologize for the insults, even if you'll never be friends again.

My best regards,

Yohann Ferreira (Bertram)
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: My resignation from being TMW host.

Post by Platyna »

Well, Bertram, I thought I we had a deal with Bjorn that allowed us to work with each other:
- Me takes care about forums and is a tech support.
- Bjorn takes care about eathena and site.

But looks Bjorn didn't liked it. ;-P

Regards.
Pederia-dupol
Peon
Peon

Post by Pederia-dupol »

I have a good friend who could probably code something to stop hacking attempts( It was Searchportal, I KNOW IT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). he might be able to help with development, tech support, or even hosting your servers. His email is: superrobot555@hotmail.com :wink:
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Pederia-dupol wrote:I have a good friend who could probably code something to stop hacking attempts( It was Searchportal, I KNOW IT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). he might be able to help with development, tech support, or even hosting your servers. His email is: superrobot555@hotmail.com :wink:
yay, you saved us all!
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

instant trust
qwertymodo
Peon
Peon

Post by qwertymodo »

I agree that you probably don't hear from the people who do appreciate your hard work, whether they know it or not (i.e. the majority of TMW users). I have to thank you for the fact that until yesterday I had never had a problem that I couldn't trace back to my end, so thanks for your hard work. And good luck with the current problems (another DDoS?? :cry: ) Oh well, I'm sure you'll have it back up and running soon enough. :mrgreen:
tomminator
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tomminator »

Isn't there anything we as the players can do to help fighting this ddos attacks?
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

tomminator wrote:Isn't there anything we as the players can do to help fighting this ddos attacks?
When the server is hard to reach, stop hammering it with your login attempts. Go out and enjoy the sun for example.
This message used to be meaningful.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Rotonen wrote: Go out and enjoy the sun for example.
Blasphemy! Repent while you still can! :twisted:
Pixel Battalion
Riverstorm

Post by Riverstorm »

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches!

The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!'

This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so... love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

You clearly stated what you want and he clearly stated what he's willing to give but I do like the dev's suggestion above about room for everyone.

Honestly don't let someone else dictate how you choose to react to them. I think you would spend most of your life clearly disappointed waiting for the "right" responses.

I found this game on PortableApps and all I get is "couldn't connect to remote host" everytime I try and register. Anyhow this "mexican standoff" is holding up my gaming...who's going to be the bigger person and smile!!! :wink:

Have a blessed, garbage-free day!
DragonM
Peon
Peon

Post by DragonM »

FOOOOOOLLLLLLLSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Get youre relationship fixed at once!!Youre kidding me!Why leaving tmw platyna(lol i never saw you before nvm)when just say sorry to each others!!

PS:bjorn please dont bann me im making jokes and saying wisely words same time i want it for u ppl own good and something else bjorn a hacker hacked my account dragoonmaster so delasia and i talked and we decided to block it until you come.I maked good affords with my secondary account dragoon mule so im as strong now as i was when dragoon master was and im tired to do for him all the magic quests again.So i want just to look at my acc and look if there gives anything that the hacker didnt steal(my bunny eaaaaaaaaarrrrrrssssss!!:( )
:)
InspectorShameless
Novice
Novice

White Rabbit under severe addiction session

Post by InspectorShameless »

[EDIT]
Last edited by InspectorShameless on 25 Oct 2009, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
DragonM
Peon
Peon

Post by DragonM »

eeh??didnt understand nothing and im still the planyta(was that her name) and bjorn to be again friends.AT ONCE!:P
InspectorShameless
Novice
Novice

White Rabbit says NO, NO, NO to rehab process

Post by InspectorShameless »

[EDIT]
jcdvsrbld
Peon
Peon

Post by jcdvsrbld »

while i havent actually met you, i am grateful for your dedication to the project, i suppose it was only a matter of time. very much love to you platyna.