My resignation from being TMW host.

Where game and project announcements are made.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Re: My resignation from being TMW host.

Post by melkior »

I'm not really opposed to the wipe. I'll miss my ears, though...

However, that won't accomplish anything really...

Guess the TMW wake up call is coming late.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

I also agree for a complete wipe :)
Terwarf
Peon
Peon

Post by Terwarf »

I don't agree to that.

It is possible to take over the accounts, so do it. I would miss my Char, and i don't think i'm alone with that.
There is a wipe coming - ok, but it has technical reasons, that explains it. But two wipes after another?
Whats next - one wipe each year?
You think there is too much money in game? Add more sinks.
Too much rares? Also for that you can create sinks - lets say a quest for a ring +20 health, or sth. like that, which you will need a lvl of around 80 and one of a rare, that's too much in game.
Too high lvl? Create a new Char :P

I can't see any need for a complete wipe without technical reasons...
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Why would there be another wipe after this one? Moving to TMW server would require us to make new characters but I don't see a reason for a wipe after this one, just the end of official support for the eAthena server. The reasons to do a full wipe now would be to restore game balance, implement official testing of magic and not compromise our accounts to others we may or may not trust with those accounts. The latter reason is a part of the current situation and Bjorn has made some recent changes in the wiki at http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Hosting that might make some feel more comfortable while Crush has suggested something to protect our passwords better.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

melkior wrote:I'm not really opposed to the wipe. I'll miss my ears, though...

However, that won't accomplish anything really...

Guess the TMW wake up call is coming late.
Yes it has...and we have lost some truly special people...sad it had to come to this.

I am for it...would prefer to keep a single item...being my ears...but I am not opposed to a wipe

Dy
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Hi,

Platyna-- thank you very much for your many years of hosting! Since the decision has been made, I see no point in getting involved in a blame game here.

Indeed the move would be a good opportunity for a reset (and partly address the `password problem'), but I agree with Terawarf that it does not constitute a sufficient justification from the POV of most players. Still, the situation of level 99 being as easily attainable as it is now is anything but ideal. While there are potential solutions to this that do not require a wipe, this particular issue would be one that would really warrant some looking-into, wipe or not.

-- fate
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

I'd miss a few things too. I was given some gifts from some good friends. I'm not a seeker of rares, as I've often said... but others have chosen to give me these rares and I remember them each time they are donned.

My 2 cents.
Toksyuryel
Peon
Peon

Post by Toksyuryel »

I think there should be a wipe on the eAthena server every month or two. People fail to understand that this server is only for testing purposes and get far too attached to their characters and items. This would reinforce the true purpose of the server for players.
Hrvoje
Peon
Peon

Post by Hrvoje »

So is gMail.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Hrvoje wrote:So is gMail.
gMail is beta, and we're prealpha. ;)
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Well, I can give Bjorn the last chance to fix things with me, even if he seems to be less than caring. I already stated in another thread what I would expect from Bjorn. Judge yourself if I am right in this matter.

I didn't wanted to revenge - otherwise I would take this action long time ago, but well, what motivation I have now to sustain DDoSes and abuse attempts?

I am working on this stuff for a gratitude and respect, and lack of thereof was the reason I left TMW.

No one has to bow and ass kissing me, but well, I was in this project almost four years helping it to grow from 5 to 150 players online, so I can be dissapointed being suddenly treated like a pest, or being said by ye great developers with community power ambitions to shut the Duck up (sic!) on the development channels. ;)

And I wouldn't really want this discussion to be turned into wipe thread.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Platyna you are far from a pest. Wish things would be solved...but wishes are for those who cant face reality I think.

This is really between you and Bjorn and no one us has any right to butt in. I hope things can get resolved and if they cant...tmw will have to deal.

Dy
InspectorShameless
Novice
Novice

Post by InspectorShameless »

[EDIT]
Last edited by InspectorShameless on 25 Oct 2009, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Thanks for your many hours of dedication platyna, although we might not always voice it, it was certainly appreciated. I wish you the best of luck ^_^

Also out of curiosity, how does deleting your character protect you from privacy issues? I mean your account is still active isn't it, and wouldn't personal information still be retrievable? And AFAIK users can't delete their accounts, right?

IDK, must be missing something obvious probably :p
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Deleting your account obiviously erases all player data.

Thanks all for your nice words. ;-)

Regards.