wiki help

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

wiki help

Post by Alige »

Hello all,

I am a current and daily updater of wiki.themanaworld.org. I know it is sensed to be updated by players (that is what I do), but I want to know what needs to be the more updated.
Up to today, I updated these pages :
- Item list
- monster reference
- quests
- magic quests
- magic
- magic spells
- a bit of tradebot and auctionbot
- a bit of economy
- afew minorities here and there

I mostly take car of the 3 first ones of the list because they are the more used by players.

However, my point is :
1) How could I make it better ?
2) Find a way (like a poster/panel in Hunrscald or in the Hurnscald's shop building) to inform players that there is a wiki.themanaworld.org to help them (most of the players don't know that)

Sincerely, Napalm.
Billr
Peon
Peon

Re: wiki help

Post by Billr »

I'd like to see a table of recommended stats that are good for a level to use for a specific mob. For example, for the recent Halloween quest, I reset my stats 3 times, at level 88, until I got a good balance for fighting spiders as a warrior - to get the candy drops without being excessively killed. Afterward, I wanted to level a bit in the graveyard but my stats were totally wrong for it so it reset them again. Then I wanted to start getting terranite ore but was getting killed way too much - so I reset my stats a couple more times.

A lot of people have experience what worked for them as mage, archer or warrior at a certain level against specific mobs in specific places. I say specific places as what works against one mob in one place doesn't work for 5 attacking you in another place.

Bill
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I will try to make one but this requires a lot of time because it depends on your equipment, your level and of course your stats.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Now, you can check this wiki page. I finished to update it and I think it can help you organise your stats more easely.
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Walkthrough

Regards.
whynotdad2
Peon
Peon

Post by whynotdad2 »

Ali-G wrote:Hello all,

However, my point is :
1) How could I make it better ?
2) Find a way (like a poster/panel in Hunrscald or in the Hurnscald's shop building) to inform players that there is a wiki.themanaworld.org to help them (most of the players don't know that)

Sincerely, Napalm.
How about an update page that tells you that an update happened, the date, what the update did and maybe if the change was major or minor? (bug fix or add something, both) This would help lots of people to find stuff when its added.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

That is a great idea! I will do it for next update. This page will show the changes, but only a summary. I don't want to be dying under a mountain of updates :D
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

whynotdad2 wrote:How about an update page that tells you that an update happened, the date, what the update did and maybe if the change was major or minor? (bug fix or add something, both) This would help lots of people to find stuff when its added.
A good way to trace the latest developments is subscribing to the RSS feeds of the eAthena-data and eAthena-client-data git repositories. http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Git

But the language of the commit messages is rather developer-oriented and it doesn't contain any information when the changes will actually get online. It would still be nice to have a wiki page with this information filtered for the common player.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
whynotdad2
Peon
Peon

Post by whynotdad2 »

Billr wrote:I'd like to see a table of recommended stats that are good for a level to use for a specific mob. For example, for the recent Halloween quest, I reset my stats 3 times, at level 88, until I got a good balance for fighting spiders as a warrior - to get the candy drops without being excessively killed. Afterward, I wanted to level a bit in the graveyard but my stats were totally wrong for it so it reset them again. Then I wanted to start getting terranite ore but was getting killed way too much - so I reset my stats a couple more times.

A lot of people have experience what worked for them as mage, archer or warrior at a certain level against specific mobs in specific places. I say specific places as what works against one mob in one place doesn't work for 5 attacking you in another place.

Bill
Ask someone in the the aurora society, most of them tried many things and if not, they can ask the rest of the group. Any good guild will be able to help you.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

This might not be your primary focus, but the developers page really needs to be updated. It lists a lot of people I haven't heard of in ages or are only active in Manasource development and misses a lot of people who are currently very important on TMW.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Developer page has been updated. Check the page and make additions for those that weren't added.
Current character is "Abolish".
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Thank you all for updating this page, I didn't know anything about developers.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Hello all,
Some people asked me to reorganise the Quest page, the thing is that i need ideas to do that. Please propose your ideas, i need these!

Regards,
Ali-G
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

Ali-G I noticed this page is outdated
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Map_development

The existing maps section does not list Nivalis changes.

019 1 Snow field
020 1 Snow town
2 Snow town indoor
3 Snow town cave level 1
4 Snow town cave level 2

I'm not sure if these maps were renamed or replaced in the numbering system, but I know new caves were added. and the house etc.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

A lot of places have been added however, i don't know how to get maps.
1) Could someone please create some maps and post thm here as an image?
2) I would like an idea for the quest reorganisation.

Ali-G
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Ali-G wrote:Some people asked me to reorganise the Quest page, the thing is that i need ideas to do that.
People told you to reorganize the quests page but they didn't tell you what they dislike about it?

Wouldn't it be useful to ask the people who complained to you for improvement suggestions?
  • NOT a game master