wiki is down

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

wiki is down

Post by Alige »

Hello players,
As you maybe know, the wiki is down which means that weird things happen all the time on http://wiki.themanaworld.org. For example special letters appear to be wrong such as "à", "ê", etc... That implicates other problems. This is why I posted this important list that will prevent stupid questions to appear here:

Things to know:
* Due to the letters problems, some people can't login currentky to wiki, don't worry you still have your account.
* This is not a hacker's attack, don't panic.
* The wiki will be restored and upgraded as soon as possible by Platyna (hopefully).
* Currently, nobody can edit pages, not even people with wiki abilities.
* I am updating the wiki by editing some pages and then saving them on my computer, a lot of new infos will be delivered when wiki will be fixed. If you need to edit a page, please copy and paste it on a text file, save it on your computer and post it when wiki will be fixed.

Further informations will follow if necessary.

If you don't have anything important to say here about this, please do not post anything. Also, feel free to contact me for further informations.

Ali-G
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Re: wiki is down

Post by yubabax116 »

I dont get it, the wiki works fine for me and some other players why doesnt it work for others -_-

Yubaba
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

If you pay more attention to some pages, you will see issues. All I am saying is that you cannot edit wiki for now and it has few issues. Everything will be fine when it will be fixed.

Ali-G
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I tried to edit my user page and got an error message about the hook of the captcha extension failing to work. Is this the error you are referring to?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

@Cruch: We had an error before upgrading MediaWiki. After the upgrade, we got a new error that you just got trying to edit a page.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Internal error
From TheManaWorld
Jump to: navigation, search

Detected bug in an extension! Hook ReCaptcha::confirmEdit failed to return a value; should return true to continue hook processing or false to abort.

Backtrace:

#0 /home/tmw/public_html/wiki/includes/EditPage.php(802): wfRunHooks('EditFilter', Array)
#1 /home/tmw/public_html/wiki/includes/EditPage.php(2552): EditPage->internalAttemptSave(false, false)
#2 /home/tmw/public_html/wiki/includes/EditPage.php(389): EditPage->attemptSave()
#3 /home/tmw/public_html/wiki/includes/EditPage.php(271): EditPage->edit()
#4 /home/tmw/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(553): EditPage->submit()
#5 /home/tmw/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(70): MediaWiki->performAction(Object(OutputPage), Object(Article), Object(Title), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#6 /home/tmw/public_html/wiki/index.php(117): MediaWiki->performRequestForTitle(Object(Title), Object(Article), Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#7 {main}

ouch...

and this just adding one line in the edit of my page...
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Ali-G wrote:@Cruch: We had an error before upgrading MediaWiki. After the upgrade, we got a new error that you just got trying to edit a page.
You should just uninstall the ReCaptcha hook. We don't need captchas anymore because we activate new accounts manually now.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Thank you very much Crush, you helped a lot.

We can now update wiki! However we still got issues with some special letters that we are fixing each time we see one. This is why I ask people going on wiki to report anything that isn't normal!

Thank you to all,
Ali-G
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I've helped you? I thought I didn't do more than stating the obvious...
  • NOT a game master

Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi Ali-G,

Thanks for those good news

While on it, I'm humbly asking your agreement upon cleaning the Suggestions page.

Could I [we?] (little by little):
1. Check for implemented stuff mana master or 0.5.2 and remove it from the page?
2. Separate features requests from bugs.
2. Add a important note on the top of the page to say that new features should be discussed on the forums only, and that bugs should be added into mantis?
3. Add the tA and world data related bugs not fixed to the TMW Mantis, and remove them from the page?
4. Add the client bugs not fixed to the Mana Mantis, and remove them from the page?
5. Move the feature left there to a forum thread for discussion?
6. Wipe out the page while making sure people know how to properly report a bug or a feature?

Do you agree with this request?

Looking forward your answer.

Best regards.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Bertram wrote:1. Check for implemented stuff mana master or 0.5.2 and remove it from the page?
Ok do it (already removed a lot).
Bertram wrote:2. Separate features requests from bugs.
Bugs need to be reported on Mantis and deleted from this page. I deleted a lot of bugs posted on this page that were already fixed.
Bertram wrote:2. Add a important note on the top of the page to say that new features should be discussed on the forums only, and that bugs should be added into mantis?
Yes, i'll take that in charge.
Bertram wrote:3. Add the tA and world data related bugs not fixed to the TMW Mantis, and remove them from the page?
Yes, as I said for 2: "Bugs need to be reported on Mantis and deleted from this page."
Bertram wrote:4. Add the client bugs not fixed to the Mana Mantis, and remove them from the page?
Yes.
Bertram wrote:5. Move the feature left there to a forum thread for discussion?
Don't move all suggestions onto forum, there are too much. But if you make a DEV such as Jenalya or Wombat review this page, this will prevent us to post suggestions that are not possible. We can post some suggestions that seem important or nice but not the irrelevant ones.
Bertram wrote:6. Wipe out the page
No.
Bertram wrote:while making sure people know how to properly report a bug or a feature?
Create a page (Wombat may started, check before creating the page).

Hope I helped.
Ali-G
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi Ali-G,

Thanks for your answer :)
Ali-G wrote:Don't move all suggestions onto forum, there are too much. But if you make a DEV such as Jenalya or Wombat review this page, this will prevent us to post suggestions that are not possible. We can post some suggestions that seem important or nice but not the irrelevant ones.
I must admit i tried to keep my sentences short and simple, making them sound maybe a bit too much straight. Sure, once the obvious fixed bugs are out of the way, I agree Wombat and jenalya, for instance, should review the relevant features there, and move in the forums what's relevant and out what's not. Note also that many features requested there have their equivalent on the forums.
Ali-G wrote:
Bertram wrote:6. Wipe out the page
No.
Note that I'd rather not want this page to become again the horrible and cluttered list of impossible things to do as it is right now.
I'm clearly (and it's personal) for a clear message saying, for instance: "In order to keep things a bit more light and clear, bugs are to reported in mantis, features are to be discussed on the forums in the development section, etc..." and not permit this kind of page again.

I'll now review the page and remove the feature already added and the bugs corrected. Once done, I'll ask Wombat to take care of the page little by little as its time permits it, and tell us when he's done. Then, I hope this page will be kept as light as possible if still existent.

The following pages are in need of cleaning and possible wipe out:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Suggestions
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Things_to_do
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Bugs

Thanks for your help!!