Wiki translation

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Wiki translation

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Ali-G wrote:For that, we would need to talk to bjorn. I'll ask him asap. Since it seems there are more and more indonesian players (?), we'll add that language to the language bar.

Best regards,
Ali-G
Platyna and I can do it too.
Ichimaru Leon
Peon
Peon

Post by Ichimaru Leon »

knight wrote:is it necessary to translate wiki into indonesian? since indonesian TMW players are growing more and more, so i may could help a little. especially on the list of quest's article. that is my opinion, though.. :)

yes ali-G, i would like to help Knight to translate wiki to indonesian language, ill request the account to try to help wiki..
im still confused with your hint in this post, but i'll try it.. :D :D :D
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Ichimaru Leon wrote:yes ali-G, i would like to help Knight to translate wiki to indonesian language, ill request the account to try to help wiki..
I accepted your account, welcome aboard. You will receive your account password by mail soon.

I would like you to start translating this page first: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Quests
Check this page in other languages, that will definitively show you how to translate correctly. Use the preview option before saving, that will help you see your errors!

Take special care about translated links on wiki, these need to be done correctly. If you want to make a link to a quest for example, you should try something like that: "[[Id:Wooden Shield Quest|toto]]". That will make you see "toto" but when you click on "toto", you will go to the translated page of Wooden Shield Quest. The "toto" should be the translated title of the quest, so (according to google translation): toto = Perisai Kayu Pencarian.

The shorter the quest title is, the better!

Best regards,
Ali-G
KeFFo
Newly Registered User

Post by KeFFo »

I've created an account for German translation.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Welcome to the wiki! Your account has been accepted.

If you want to start translating some pages on the wiki, well first start with the quest. I really would like you to have a bit of training before actually saving your work. For that, I suggest you to visit the translated quests, in german, and see how they differ from the english page. That is crucial to do good translations.

Thank you for participating,
Ali-G
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

This post is to remind players that wiki still need contributors especially with translations. Goodwills are welcome, English pages have been updated, Translated ones must be too.

When a page does not exist in your language, first find the page which misses in English, then use the language link to write it. This is to avoid naming conflicts and renaming and redirect job.

Nard
fuadfauzi
Peon
Peon

Post by fuadfauzi »

Nard wrote:This post is to remind players that wiki still need contributors especially with translations. Goodwills are welcome, English pages have been updated, Translated ones must be too.

When a page does not exist in your language, first find the page which misses in English, then use the language link to write it. This is to avoid naming conflicts and renaming and redirect job.

Nard
Hiya Nard, Ali, and friends . . .

I just created the Wiki Account to help wiki translation into Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian : ID_id) with detail as bellow:

<snip>

So, please consider to accept me as well :)
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

fuadfauzi wrote:Hiya Nard, Ali, and friends . . .

I just created the Wiki Account to help wiki translation into Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian : ID_id) with detail as bellow:

<snip>

So, please consider to accept me as well :)
Added ... please don't post the same subject on multiple forum threads though.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
fuadfauzi
Peon
Peon

Post by fuadfauzi »

o11c wrote: Added ... please don't post the same subject on multiple forum threads though.
Thank you o11c, I do sorry for my mistakes . . .
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Another step towards better infrastructure anyone? :D

I added the translation template in https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Translators and updated the page.
Also I added a link to this page at the main page calling it "Contact persons for other languages" since players might find this more helpful.

I translated the page into German, maybe some more people can translate it into the other languages and join the translation team in general? :alt-3:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Meicchi
Novice
Novice

Post by Meicchi »

Cassy wrote:Another step towards better infrastructure anyone? :D

I added the translation template in https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Translators and updated the page.
Also I added a link to this page at the main page calling it "Contact persons for other languages" since players might find this more helpful.

I translated the page into German, maybe some more people can translate it into the other languages and join the translation team in general? :alt-3:
I'm being too lazy with my wiki tasks I know, but surely you can count me in!
Find me in-game:
  • * Puncake (main) - light path mage, lv 79, she is actually a pumpkin
    * Meicchi (retired?) - slow speed archer, eternal lv 70 and Ginny's bastard twin
    * Fluttersly - rage warrior, lv 58, knows no jokes and has a mane
Brazilian Portuguese translation coordinator - Make part! / Faça parte!
https://www.transifex.com/organization/akaras/dashboard
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Pt:Main_Page
Spoiler:
Yes, imma noob.
Cassy's official fan-clubber