Page 2 of 2

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 11 Sep 2011, 06:04
by Jaxad0127
Ali-G wrote:For that, we would need to talk to bjorn. I'll ask him asap. Since it seems there are more and more indonesian players (?), we'll add that language to the language bar.

Best regards,
Ali-G
Platyna and I can do it too.

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 23:44
by Ichimaru Leon
knight wrote:is it necessary to translate wiki into indonesian? since indonesian TMW players are growing more and more, so i may could help a little. especially on the list of quest's article. that is my opinion, though.. :)

yes ali-G, i would like to help Knight to translate wiki to indonesian language, ill request the account to try to help wiki..
im still confused with your hint in this post, but i'll try it.. :D :D :D

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 23:52
by Alige
Ichimaru Leon wrote:yes ali-G, i would like to help Knight to translate wiki to indonesian language, ill request the account to try to help wiki..
I accepted your account, welcome aboard. You will receive your account password by mail soon.

I would like you to start translating this page first: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Quests
Check this page in other languages, that will definitively show you how to translate correctly. Use the preview option before saving, that will help you see your errors!

Take special care about translated links on wiki, these need to be done correctly. If you want to make a link to a quest for example, you should try something like that: "[[Id:Wooden Shield Quest|toto]]". That will make you see "toto" but when you click on "toto", you will go to the translated page of Wooden Shield Quest. The "toto" should be the translated title of the quest, so (according to google translation): toto = Perisai Kayu Pencarian.

The shorter the quest title is, the better!

Best regards,
Ali-G

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 02:10
by KeFFo
I've created an account for German translation.

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 12:57
by Alige
Welcome to the wiki! Your account has been accepted.

If you want to start translating some pages on the wiki, well first start with the quest. I really would like you to have a bit of training before actually saving your work. For that, I suggest you to visit the translated quests, in german, and see how they differ from the english page. That is crucial to do good translations.

Thank you for participating,
Ali-G

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 29 Aug 2012, 12:36
by Nard
This post is to remind players that wiki still need contributors especially with translations. Goodwills are welcome, English pages have been updated, Translated ones must be too.

When a page does not exist in your language, first find the page which misses in English, then use the language link to write it. This is to avoid naming conflicts and renaming and redirect job.

Nard

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 12 Feb 2013, 16:31
by fuadfauzi
Nard wrote:This post is to remind players that wiki still need contributors especially with translations. Goodwills are welcome, English pages have been updated, Translated ones must be too.

When a page does not exist in your language, first find the page which misses in English, then use the language link to write it. This is to avoid naming conflicts and renaming and redirect job.

Nard
Hiya Nard, Ali, and friends . . .

I just created the Wiki Account to help wiki translation into Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian : ID_id) with detail as bellow:

<snip>

So, please consider to accept me as well :)

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 12 Feb 2013, 17:55
by o11c
fuadfauzi wrote:Hiya Nard, Ali, and friends . . .

I just created the Wiki Account to help wiki translation into Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian : ID_id) with detail as bellow:

<snip>

So, please consider to accept me as well :)
Added ... please don't post the same subject on multiple forum threads though.

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 12 Feb 2013, 18:40
by fuadfauzi
o11c wrote: Added ... please don't post the same subject on multiple forum threads though.
Thank you o11c, I do sorry for my mistakes . . .

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 11:01
by Cassy
Another step towards better infrastructure anyone? :D

I added the translation template in https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Translators and updated the page.
Also I added a link to this page at the main page calling it "Contact persons for other languages" since players might find this more helpful.

I translated the page into German, maybe some more people can translate it into the other languages and join the translation team in general? :alt-3:

Re: Wiki translation

Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 17:07
by Meicchi
Cassy wrote:Another step towards better infrastructure anyone? :D

I added the translation template in https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Translators and updated the page.
Also I added a link to this page at the main page calling it "Contact persons for other languages" since players might find this more helpful.

I translated the page into German, maybe some more people can translate it into the other languages and join the translation team in general? :alt-3:
I'm being too lazy with my wiki tasks I know, but surely you can count me in!