posting

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

baseballboy
Knight
Knight

posting

Post by baseballboy »

I noticed lately that there has been a lot of spam on the forum. Is there a way to add a recaptcha or something to post in a thread to slow down the spam? Just an idea

-BBB
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: posting

Post by Alige »

baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

That really has nothing to do with a spam cop Ali-G. I am refering to automation rather than people doing it
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

It does link. We already talked about adding recaptcha but it was thought to be a bad idea. I personally think that it is a great idea, it worked for wiki, it will work for forum.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Ali-G wrote:It does link. We already talked about adding recaptcha but it was thought to be a bad idea. I personally think that it is a great idea, it worked for wiki, it will work for forum.
When you would have read that thread until the end, you would have read that the general consensus is that we all want a better captcha for registration but we can't do it due to technical limitations. Or rather social limitations (Those who are motivated, don't have the access rights to change it and those who can change it don't seem to be motivated).

Also, the wiki had recaptcha, but got spammed despite of it. The spam stopped after we enabled manual account activation by an admin.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Villain
Novice
Novice

Post by Villain »

Crush wrote:Those who are motivated, don't have the access rights to change it and those who can change it don't seem to be motivated
^ Should be the TMW motto.
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho