Court House forum should be closed

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Court House forum should be closed

Post by mistergrey »

Piki: I can understand your frustration, but the rules don't usually work quite how you appear to think. Insulting, as in direct mean insults, is against the rules. There is no rule about swearing, around or even at other players (though, depending how heated the situation, that can be cause for a GM to step in. In general though, someone being told to 'f*** off' wouldn't result in a ban - maybe a warning if they were doing so constantly, but in my opinion that would only deserve a ban if they were warned already to stop, and chose to continue. Nor would being called something very minor, like "you're dumb" result in a dire warning/ban.

Understand, I mean that in regards to what the current rules are. I may not agree with every specific rule or application of them, but I am still in game to enforce the rules given.

Back on topic though: The court house Is generally to report administrative actions (this leaves some transparency in how we act, rather than leaving people to feel like we could unfairly punish anybody that gets on our bad sides, without explanation). It is also both helpful as a reference (for example if you report that the same player is always unresponsively botting in a certain spot, we keep our eyes open and check it out), and as a place for players to report abuse from GMs (or to state why you may believe a GM took action against you without proper reason).

I'm not all that opposed to general chat being logged in a worse case scenario, though I wouldn't enjoy that either. I would feel it a step too far to start logging whispers though.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Piki saw some rude words in chat, and saved his complaints to post to the forum, including a demand to close part of the forums.

He was so upset that he deleted his character after this.
In fact, he was so utterly distraught about the situation that he then created 2 new characters and continues to play the game.

We're being trolled.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Villain
Novice
Novice

Post by Villain »

We're being trolled.
No way, I don't believe you.
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho