General Wiki discussion

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

General Wiki discussion

Post by wushin »

Currently the wiki is not in sync with in-game content and storyline. I beseech you my fellow manakins lend me your fingers and imaginations.
I'm currently swamped in art and need us to expand TMW mythos and npcs and areas. We need stories, corrections, new screencaps, etc.
Please make wiki posts at least 5 paragraphs in length, Shorter content can be kept on this thread until it matures.
(Also contact Chayenne or cinderweb to find out more details)
Last edited by Cassy on 06 Mar 2015, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: change title from "Wiki Help Needed" to "General Wiki discussion"
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Wiki Help Needed

Post by wushin »

This includes your own stories for why things came into existence in the manaworld. I'd love to hear stories about how the forest ecology works or Mythos behind Snake Canyon. More History on the Bizaar. Are all fine examples.
I've talked to some of you in game and I know you have stories in your head. Lets hear them.
SnackDay
Newly Registered User

Post by SnackDay »

oddshocks
Newly Registered User

Post by oddshocks »

I was approved for a wiki account the other day, and will be devoting some time to update and improve the documentation therein as I learn/play the game. :D
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Well I was trying to change stuff here and there to offer players a better way to follow the things the dev team is working on as we also have a lack of communication here.

I bet some of you would prefer something like a weekly summary (yeah I know we used to have one :D ) but devs usually just want to work on their stuff and forget about those summary things (we should have dev-player meetings more often though).

However, please check this page: Dev:Developers
Under "Recent projects" i added a few links and a short description about how you can follow the development progress.
Also you will be redirected to this page by entering things like "Project"/"Projects" or "Developer" in the search function in case you forgot that it's actually called "Dev:Developers".

It's sure not perfect but better than before ;)
Oh, and I also deleted this totally outdated page which is a perfect example that keeping an overview in an extra page is not working.

Hope you like it ♥
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

wushin wrote:Cassy there is a wiki page kinda
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Things_to_do
Yeah I know, I was the one adding the {{status_outdated}} which you removed again :D :D

I just couldn't find something important or urgent in it, but honestly I don't understand a few things in it <.<
However, I will update this page too and add some points of my personal wiki to-do list if I got more time ;)
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Also it's in the side navigation so people will most likely find it first. thats why I'm for keeping it up to date. please feel free to add as much. Sperios too. both been great helps up there. red links are disappearing and questions are being answered before they are asked.
bugs
Peon
Peon

Post by bugs »

Yeah to keep the people playing, we need updates.
I think it's time for another map update. :?
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

I'm sure someone has already thought of this but it strikes me that a lot of the wiki maintenance could be accomplished by using scripts that convert the game content to basic wiki entries. It'd probably be a better use of time to work on this a bit than continue with the manual-update method. Maybe even a wiki-tools git repo so the scripts are easy to find?
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

MadCamel wrote:Maybe even a wiki-tools git repo so the scripts are easy to find?
Why not wiki itself? it is usually the purpose of a dev namespace. The scripts can even be developed as extensions...
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Nard wrote:
MadCamel wrote:Maybe even a wiki-tools git repo so the scripts are easy to find?
Why not wiki itself? it is usually the purpose of a dev namespace. The scripts can even be developed as extensions...
Tools that are only on the wiki tend to get lost. Far better that they be added to the existing tools repo, with a makefile shortcut.

I am uncertain how the kind of script we need *could* be implemented as a MediaWiki extension, and I certainly do not want to have to maintain that.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote: Tools that are only on the wiki tend to get lost. Far better that they be added to the existing tools repo, with a makefile shortcut.

I am uncertain how the kind of script we need *could* be implemented as a MediaWiki extension, and I certainly do not want to have to maintain that.
Only pages that are incorrectly categorized and linked tend to be forgotten. (Categories have also to be categorized and documented)
There are several kinds of scripts which can developed and integrated in mediawikis: An example of wiki snippets page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Snippets
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Wiki Things To Do

This page was totally outdated and some things are still missing but at least everything listed there is up to date now.

Everyone feel free to help - remember that new players use the wiki and get a first impression of TMW from it... and we want new people :D

Thanks for every helping hand ♥
Main characters:

Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

French Wiki

Post by Altus Institute »

Hi, i update french part of the wiki....so much dust.

Can you say some things :

How and where can i find and upload the latest images.

where can i find this for the french pages, so with french language.
This is automatique add with an already speech done inside.
{{Status_green}}
{{Category_playerinfo}}
{{Magic_shortcuts}}

ty
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage