General Wiki discussion

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: General Wiki discussion

Post by Cassy »

Merged into this topic ;)

Like I said I would appreciate every help regarding this:
Cassy wrote:Having a little request. Some of you already noticed that in the past 2 months I editted over 1,000 pages giving the wiki a better structure, or a structure at all :roll:
Most of these edits were to create templates and categories for each item type, e.g. Useable Items or Charms (note their "See also" section), making it easier to group them, find them and navigate through our wiki and also add documentations and descriptions so new wiki contributors have it easier to look things up (example).

Well and to make those pages have the same structure: Item sample page
For items everything is set up now, we just need to update older item pages according to the new item sample page.
Please help with this: all item pages which need an update are listed in the table on this page (5th line, "status" column).
You're already a nice help when you only updated one of these pages.

Thank you very much in advance :alt-3:
Also with the item sample page and every category & template finished feel free to create an item page for whatever item doesn't have one yet.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Bumping for great justice. Also to bring up automation again....
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Added Patreon to the branding template https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... e:Branding
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

Hi,

can you add a page for french helpers who want to translate the wiki in french?
At this place to concentrate all french discussion within and about the french translation.
Because i cant add a page here because its locked.

Help:Wiki Home --> Wiki Shortcuts : French To do list.

We dont need a french translation about the wiki home.
We need just a page where all french translators can ask and answer to the others, and by this fact let a trace about what was done in the french wiki.
And about personal discussion about the wiki the helpers will use their own page.
ty

EDIT : can you give us the new code to add automatically the name+date and hours in our talk?The old one doesnt work anymore, they was : --~~ or ~~~~
ty
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

I did just created this template: Template:Heading. I think will be useful for translated pages, making easy adding title to pages. :)
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

I think we should remove the Template:Metakey, due to Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking.

Here you can read about the meta tags that Google understands, and as explained in previous link, there is no mention about keywords.

In fact, its abuse/usage could be counterproductive. :?
Last edited by nelson6e65 on 17 Oct 2015, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

Yeah Nelson,

I saw your post on the wiki, you did a nice job, but unfortunately, Alexanderlime already done it if i remember well and it doesnt worked.
So we changed for each language to have his own metadesc.
But if you are sure that the way of your change works properly, im glad.
In this case you can add the french version metadesc to be deleted.

My question, Nelson, is if they dont use the meta key tag, what they use to in their search engine, and it seems that they built a world (everyone in this world build website believing google search engine use them, even scholar learn them this) over something that never existed.

ty

ps : about my previous post concerning a To Do list : french?
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

Altus Institute wrote:My question, Nelson, is if they dont use the meta key tag, what they use to in their search engine, and it seems that they built a world (everyone in this world build website believing google search engine use them, even scholar learn them this) over something that never existed.
Yes, I used to include in my HTML too. xD
Well, after reading the links I provided (Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking and Meta tags that Google understands), I found this posts very interesting: How to Use Meta Tags In Search Engine Promotion and How to Improve Your Search Engine Ranking on Google. Also, this Wiki post will help you with your question: Search engine optimization

Altus Institute wrote:I saw your post on the wiki, you did a nice job, but unfortunately, Alexanderlime already done it if i remember well and it doesnt worked.
So we changed for each language to have his own metadesc.
But if you are sure that the way of your change works properly, im glad.
Yes, I made the same mistake... xD I did'n checked the history before edit, but I fixed and now works fine. :)

I tested watching the generated Source Code in browser, and works as expected. For example, in Es:Iron Ingot I get the translated tag:

Code: Select all

<meta name="description" content="The Mana World es un juego MMORPG Free-to-play y 100% Código Abierto, disponible para Linux, MacOS X y Windows" />
Spoiler:
BTW, I made the same for metakey:

Code: Select all

<meta name="keywords" content="The Mana World, El Mundo de Maná, Maná, Mundo, MMORPG, RPG, gratis, GPL, Open Source, Código Abierto, Pixel Art, 2D, Desarrolo de Software, MacOSX, Windows, Linux, escritorio, tablet, Juego, 16-bit, Retro, Fantasía, 8-bit, Indie, Desarrollo de Juego, Motor de Juego, juego linux, motor de juego linux, mmorpg linux, rpg linux, juego mmorpg linux, juego rpg linux, Open Source MMORPG,mmorpg,juegos mmorpg games,mmorpg free to play,juegos mmorpg en línea,lista de mmorpg,mmorpg para mac,mmorpg free to play,mmorpg news,juegos mmorpg de explorador,mmorpg gratis,mmorpg mac,creador de mmorpg,mmorpg online,mmorpg como sword art online,servidores mmorpg,mmorpg compatible con mac,mmorpg como wow,rpg,juegos rpg,juegos rpg en línea,creador de juegos rpg,juegos gratis,licencia gpl,gpl v3,gpl v2,programa de código abierto,juegos de código abierto,música de código abierto,juegos pixel art,pixel art en línea,juegos 2d,sprites de 16-bit,zombies en 16-bit,juegos de 16 bit,juegos retro,arte de 8-bit,personajes de 8-bit,sprites de 8-bit,mundo de 8-bit,pixel art de 8-bit,juegos indie,software de desarrollo de juegos,herramientas de desarrollo de juegos,patrones de desarrollo de juegos,tutoriales de desarrollo de juegos,foros de desarrollo de juegos,wiki de desarrollo de juegos,diseño de motor de juego,arquitectura de motor de juego,descarga de motor de juego,wiki de motor de juego,motor de juego usando scripts,motor de juego en c,programación de motor de juego,motor de juego en c++,motor de juego en android,descarga gratuita de motor de juego,motor de juego en línea,open source mmorpg engine,open source mmorpg maker,wiki de the mana world,reseña de the mana world,hacks de the mana world,descarga de the mana world,misiones de the mana world,servidor de the mana world,the mana world portable,hoja de sprites de the mana world,juego de rol,juego de rol en línea" />
Altus Institute wrote:In this case you can add the french version metadesc to be deleted.
Yes, but first should be un-referenced the Template:.Fr:Meta, by replacing it with Template:Meta.

nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

Altus Institute wrote:Can you add a page for french helpers who want to translate the wiki in french?
At this place to concentrate all french discussion within and about the french translation.
Because i cant add a page here because its locked.

Help:Wiki Home --> Wiki Shortcuts : French To do list.

We dont need a french translation about the wiki home.
We need just a page where all french translators can ask and answer to the others, and by this fact let a trace about what was done in the french wiki.
And about personal discussion about the wiki the helpers will use their own page.
Maybe you can do it in the translated page of Help:Wiki Home, and add a link to your subpage, like User:Nelson6e65/Es:Traductores

destroceit
Newly Registered User

New translation was added

Post by destroceit »

From https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Warrior translated into Es: https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Es:Warrior

First Colaboration for TMW by destroceit.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New translation was added

Post by gumi »

That "Warrior" article is misleading though as TMW does NOT have classes
destroceit
Newly Registered User

Post by destroceit »

meko wrote:
That's true! But it comes from the Walkthrough, at the main page https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Walkthrough where we can read:

"Classes

TMW has three main classes. Warrior ,
Archer and Mage. (...)"

I can continue with translations in Archer and Mage, but only if it's necessary :) if not, I will continue with others pages that need translations.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

what it should say is "TMW has 3 recommended ways to play" or "3 recommended kind of builds"

the wiki is never accurate anyway
destroceit
Newly Registered User

Post by destroceit »

meko wrote:what it should say is "TMW has 3 recommended ways to play" or "3 recommended kind of builds"

the wiki is never accurate anyway
Yes, I think the same. maybe you or anyone could edit the original one and then I could edit the translation from the source when it's done. I don't know write in English very well, but I can translate from English to Spanish.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

meko wrote:
I wrote that section and those warrior, mage and archer articles in walkthrough. Although it says classes, I mentioned, "The classes are defined according to your weapon, skill and other equipment."
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.