General Wiki discussion

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Re: General Wiki discussion

Post by deepthought »

I have edited the classes. Note that classes in sub-section of raising stats. Isn't that kinda obvious ?
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Note The Mana World doesn't define any class. Classes are defined by players according to the stats and equipment.
Added this to warrior, mage and archer pages
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

deepthought wrote:
Note The Mana World doesn't define any class. Classes are defined by players according to the stats and equipment.
Added this to warrior, mage and archer pages
Nice, I'll check.
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New translation was added

Post by gumi »

deepthought wrote:Although it says classes, I mentioned, "The classes are defined according to your weapon, skill and other equipment."
The classes are not defined at all; equipping item X does not trigger something in TMWA that makes you class Y

The closest thing to classes will be the race system as depending on your race you get elemental bonus. A more classic class system would give bonus with some weapons/spells and restrictions with some other weapons/spells but for the time being races will only have elemental bonuses
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

@meko: While of course you are right, a player's view is different ;)
Equipping certain items strongly restrict the way you can play efficiently.

Equipping a bow doesn't make you an archer from TMWA side, yet TMW didn't invent classes - players are used to them from other games and if you equip a bow you simply are an archer because that's the only way to play with a bow that makes sense^^

(just my two cents here)
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

but saying there is classes is still misleading to the player, hence why I sometimes see questions like "how do I choose a class?", "how can I change my class?", "I can not choose a class when creating an account"

maybe we should change the wording to avoid saying class
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

You got a point there
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
TeZeR.D
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by TeZeR.D »

Maybe phrases like:
"Archer build"
"Rage build"
etc
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Hello xD
i dont know if its good place to post this here but lets try :D
then i creat a new template call QuestTestBySaulc for moment
its a fusion with the template quest https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Template:Quest and template quest dev https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... :Quest_dev
here a link of what i do:
*Template:QuestTestBySaulc https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... estBySaulc
*Template:QuestTestBySaulc/doc https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... ySaulc/doc

and finally a test here https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... c/Wiki_dev
I do this because when I try to use tempalte quest + template quest dev i found lot of problems. Like you need to do lot of jump line to have one under the other one. and also they dont have same size. Plus in new game it will be more easy to know who creat things then we can add dev info to all quest :D
i hope you like it
regards
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

Hello again good people.

I'm going to spend a little time going through the wiki and making very rough copies of the English pages into the languages that are lacking (which by the way, I can see a STACK of work has been done by many). I only speak English, but I notice a few problems. Here they are:
1) I am working from the English pages that are up-to-date, as I don't speak any other languages completely, and will eventually link them together. This made me see that there are unlinked completed pages floating about which would save trouble if I could just link them, and then edit them. What this means is two things for this part. Namely, a native speaker to correct my errors, and also a list of existing pages which can either be directly linked, or edited firstly, then linked.
2) The second part is I notice I can't add any other languages, and it would be good to do the same, namely having the language links associated with the main page. I would like to work on these languages, and am happy to look at others if you have any I've missed:
* Greek
* Japanese
* Korean
* Somali
* Swahili
* Vietnamese
* Hindi
* Tamil
* Sinhalese
* Hebrew
All these are on Google Translate, and although it isn't the BEST in the way of translation, it is a starting point for others who speak the language to build upon, and also to take part in a game that they can now follow instructions in. If these languages can be added into the language section, I'd be glad to make some forks from these, copying the English, and translating it using that tool. There is a HUGE population out there who could enjoy this great game. :wink:

Best wishes to you all.
Tirifto
Novice
Novice

Post by Tirifto »

DeadManWalking wrote:[…] The second part is I notice I can't add any other languages, and it would be good to do the same, namely having the language links associated with the main page. […]
Correct me if anything has changed since, but the last time I checked, nobody of the current TMW Team had any idea how languages are implemented in the Wiki and how a new one can be added. It will likely take some time/research to do so.
DeadManWalking wrote:[…] All these are on Google Translate, and although it isn't the BEST in the way of translation, it is a starting point for others who speak the language to build upon, and also to take part in a game that they can now follow instructions in. […]
I think that wouldn't turn out well. While machine translation can sometimes convey the original meaning fairly well, it also makes serious grammatical errors very often, and may give incomprehensible or misleading information. As for being a starting point for translators, I can say from personal experience that directly translating the source is often easier and more comfortable than trying to understand and fix horribly broken translation. Furthermore, seeing a project normally use machine-translated texts which were created with little effort and no quality check can leave a bad impression. All in all, I advise against using machine translation.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Tirifto wrote:the last time I checked, nobody of the current TMW Team had any idea how languages are implemented in the Wiki and how a new one can be added
That's not really the case.

Tirifto has a good point about machine translation. I'm going to gather a general consensus from the team before we make these changes.
*robotic voice* please stand by...

TMW Team member

Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

Hey all. Five things:
1) In response to Tirifto, yeah, I look forward to seeing how it is added, if indeed it is. I believe it is, as it would be on a template somewhere.

2) What was the result of the "Google Translate" idea? If none was reached, then look at point three.

3) I added a song in memorial to my parents and grandfather, and translated the pages into 95 other languages, other than English. I also added subtitles. The subtitles were done with a very quick copy and paste, whereas the others, I took the page from English to the new language, and then back again to English, to hopefully show a similar meaning. I know it's not perfect, but it does work. Here's the link if you're interested on testing out the language by reading it in your home tongue...also, I hope you enjoy the song, but it's being put here for you to see if/how well the translation engines, such as Google, work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co_ZZB5xOX8

4) I'm having trouble with editing regarding some templates. For instance, on the legacy items page, there is a template notice that sends the user back to the beginning, when indeed it is the correct page that they are on. It is unnecessary, and should really be removed, or have a link back to the game that is up-and-coming.

5) Is renaming everything "Legacy" the best way to do this?

Thanks, and look forward to your responses.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

2) 40% Yes and 60% No, I wish there was more constructive discussion about it but that's the result.
3) Nice work!
4) You should be able to remove the template by editing the page. I'll have a look at it.
5) Yes. This decision was taken long ago and I don't think it would be wise to go back on it now, people seem to be already very confused by all the changes (I honestly don't understand why).

TMW Team member

Speiros
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros »

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry, I get up for work in 4 hours, so I won't be able to discuss stuff tonight. I'll try for a Friday night here, or Saturday maybe :)