Wikipedia article for TMW

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

samuraiii
Peon
Peon

Wikipedia article for TMW

Post by samuraiii »

I came across a mean of propagating TMW which our community neglected.
We do not have any wikipedia article concerning this great game.
I do not feel really to do it alone so I ask YOU my fellow players to add some insights which I should not omit in that article.
I'll first post i here for review (when I have something to post) - right now I have just idea.
Any help would be appreciated
S

Ps: if this is in wrong forum I apologise and kindly ask for moving in right place.
Wiki translator
Character: Tatrman
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Wikipedia article for TMW

Post by o11c »

We used to have a page, but it was deleted for being "not notable". I haven't been following the deletionist-vs-inclusionist war lately, so I don't know how likely it would be to be accepted.

A snapshot of the wikipedia page at some point was https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Wikipedia

However, I think the best approach would probably be to start from scratch. TMW suffers when it reuses old taglines ...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think there were at least two attempts to start a wikipedia article about TMW. Each time it got deleted for not fulfilling the notability criteria of Wikipedia. I don't think the situation has changed since then.

Well, at least we got an article on TVTropes. Which could need some inbound links, by the way.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

o11c wrote:We used to have a page, but it was deleted for being "not notable". I haven't been following the deletionist-vs-inclusionist war lately, so I don't know how likely it would be to be accepted.

A snapshot of the wikipedia page at some point was https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Wikipedia

However, I think the best approach would probably be to start from scratch. TMW suffers when it reuses old taglines ...
Yes, wikipedia certainly have their own set of biases, and this is one of them. I like wikipedia generally speaking, but at the same time, there are brainless individuals who don't explain to help a person, but go into autopilot and carry on with their own blinkered vision of the world.

Without swearing, I don't intend to use wikipedia any more for adding or editing articles.

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)