We have a roadmap for the web?

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

xexio
Newly Registered User

We have a roadmap for the web?

Post by xexio »

I saw in this subforum viewforum.php?f=2 a roadmap for the Content Development and for Server Development.

But, we don't have a roadmap for the web development?
Chay
Novice
Novice

Re: We have a roadmap for the web?

Post by Chay »

We had a developer working on a pretty awesome new website as of now, there is none to take care of this.

For the wiki, you are correct we *might* need a roadmap. I could imagine careful cleanup and proper categorization(it's really important) 'while doing' and taking the following rather recent posts into account should guide until then:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18046&p=141093&hilit=wiki#p141093 (wiki help for monster reference page)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18042&hilit=wiki (wiki needs help for github references)

And of course "it's a wiki" is still valid, if you feel like something is missing (a translation to your language maybe, or a more detailed explanation to a quest), you can go ahead and add it. If you feel something is wrong go ahead and change it to your best knowledge :D.

--Chay
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

We don't have anybody working on web stuff, so a roadmap isn't useful of feasible.

There are lots of tasks that need to be done on the web side, ranging from simple to complex, but no one to do them.

Off the top of my head:
  • create a new forum theme based on prosilver but with the TMW colorscheme
  • redo the registration page to be self-contained
  • redo the entire homepage to be statically-generated once the registration page is gone
  • redo the download page to make it clear about ManaPlus
  • use CSS in the news (I think the stylesheet actually mentions it, but we don't use it)
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
xexio
Newly Registered User

Post by xexio »

Ok, then, this can be a good roadmap?.
  • redo the entire homepage to be statically-generated once the registration page is gone
  • use CSS in the news
  • Organize the wiki
  • Search another developer to work on the redo of the page
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

xexio wrote:Ok, then, this can be a good roadmap?.
  • use CSS in the news
  • Organize the wiki
  • Search another developer to work on the redo of the page
I think the color scheme we have already is suited for the game, and the website is pretty straight forward when it comes to being organized. I don't think that would need to change it IMO. Especially right now when there are other things that need to be worked on.

the wiki can be more organized, and searching for other developers to do so isn't always easy.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Chicka-Maria wrote:I think the color scheme we have already is suited for the game,
The default forum colorscheme is tmw3, which *looks* okay, but has terrible technical problems. The upstream default theme, prosilver, has no technical problems, but doesn't look right for TMW. We should have the best of both worlds, rather than having to choose.
Chicka-Maria wrote:and the website is pretty straight forward when it comes to being organized. I don't think that would need to change it IMO. Especially right now when there are other things that need to be worked on.
The website is not great at all. The only reason it hasn't long been redone is because there's no one active to work on it. If someone *does* show up who's good at it, better they do that.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Also need to do something about the game rules, since it keeps coming up. Making sure the translations are up-to-date is *hard*.