1/Week Promotionals

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

1/Week Promotionals

Post by Wombat »

Spring 2014 Pixel Art Challenge: Flower Hair Wreaths

Spring is around the corner and with that we see life jump out from the dark cold of winter. Snow melts, days grow longer, animals frolic and flowers bloom. To celebrate this season in The Mana World we'd like to offer pixel artists a challenge and players something a little special. Our challenge for the season is flower hair wreaths. They can be gender specific or unisex and as usual all art submitted must follow TMW's art guidelines including agreement to our licensing. All submissions can be posted in our TMW development forum. Any completed art will be shared on our social media and multiple finished submissions are encouraged. The prize is getting the item added to Blossom the Flower Woman on the content update following the contest and a free version of their creation. The deadline for this challenge is Saturday, April 12th. And as always, have fun playing The Mana World!
Attachments
Examples of Flower Hair Wreaths
Examples of Flower Hair Wreaths
pac.png (525.91 KiB) Viewed 7865 times
Last edited by Wombat on 13 Mar 2014, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added prize to the contest
Current character is "Abolish".
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: 1/Week Promotionals

Post by EJlol »

My submission:

It should be dyeable.

Edit:
It's a pubic flower hair wreath btw, if you were wondering what it was.
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

EJlol wrote:My submission:

It should be dyeable.

Edit:
...um... I hope it's an awkward typo in there, or some people have some very long and weird hairs... :alt-7:

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

_Speiros_ wrote:
EJlol wrote:My submission:

It should be dyeable.

Edit:
...um... I hope it's an awkward typo in there, or some people have some very long and weird hairs... :alt-7:
definitly not a typo :alt-3:
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Well then use the Dyable player sprite as a base.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

My above should be posted sometime this week on our Social Media sites. FYI, this topic is exclusively for promotionals and while chatter is fine, any lengthy off topic threads in the topic may be split to make it easy for the social media admins to keep up with the weekly promotional.

For the Week of March 16th 2014:

Monster of the Month: White Slime

White Slimes are often misunderstood. They are peaceful monsters that won't attack you unless you attack them. But if you don't kill them with one hit they will rush you and self destruct. Since self destruct uses splash damage, this harms not only the player targetted by the White Slime, but also other players nearby. Another point is that these mobs assist each other. When you attack one of them without killing it immediately, other White Slimes in this area will come to you for self destruct. The damage caused by self destruct isn't shown as a number on the battle screen. It is hidden, so you often don't realize you got hurt and maybe even die surprisingly.

Blue Slimes are often located where White Slimes are common. Since this can cause problems, you might want to fight at saver places like the place where Angela stands or the first room in the cave next to her. If you fight at these places and are able to kill them with one hit, you won't have any problems.

If you are searching for Book Pages for the Blue Sage Quest White Slimes are the best source for such. Blue Slimes also drop those, but they are stronger, more persistent and therefore it takes longer to kill them. Bottles of Water, Ice Cubes and Diamonds can also easily be gained from killing White Slimes.

For more information on the white slime or other monsters, please visit our wiki as we are expanding descriptions of most every monster in the game.
Attachments
whiteslimemarchpromo.gif
whiteslimemarchpromo.gif (56.41 KiB) Viewed 7743 times
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Moved Enga's post to Feedback because the picture was absurdly large. Please be considerate or I will lock this topic except for posting weekly promotionals.
Enga
Peon
Peon

Post by Enga »

its all about dimonds cove, i couldnt find a better picture :-)
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

For the Week of March 23rd 2014:

The Mana World Trivia for March

Who does Gladys think is handsome and what is Gladys saving her pennies up for?
Attachments
gladys_gossip.gif
gladys_gossip.gif (69.09 KiB) Viewed 7641 times
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

It could be that Gladys thinks Joelin the captain is handsome, and that she is saving her pennies for a tour on his ship around the Acean Isles, then back around to Argaes, then Tonori. :D