Changing wiki

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Changing wiki

Post by Cassy »

deepthought wrote:Thanks Wushin. Also how much xp and HP does crypt bosses provide and have. How many boss points and daily points they give ? I did kruken but not enough crowd for other two these days. Kruken gave 40k-50k xp 24 daily points and 25 boss points.
wushin wrote:Ask Cassy that last one. She is becoming the Monster Wranagler.
@deepthought: I'll show you how you can check most things yourself and explain some stuff as you seem to be interested:
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... rld/map/db
In this folder there are following files:
  • 0_19_mob_db.txt
  • 20_39_mob_db.txt
  • 40_59_mob_db.txt
  • 60_79_mob_db.txt
  • 80_99_mob_db.txt
  • and further below over_100_mob_db.txt
All these files are the datebase(s) for our mobs (except their mob skills and graphics).
The numbers stand for the mobs' levels, e.g. "40_59_mob_db.txt" lists mobs with level 40-59 - you won't find a lvl70 mob in it.
If you open the "over_100_mob_db.txt" you will find all three Generals.
Check the 5th column for their HP.

For EXP you will see that most columns are filled with "0".
That's because we let the server calculate the EXP automatically, based on stats like HP, ATK1 (minimum attack), ATK2 (maximum attack), etc.
Those with fix EXP are rather exceptions, mainly because the server would calculate too much or too low EXP (the calculation isn't perfect).
Always feel free to ask us here what the server calculates - you could only check it by setting up a local test server and check the output when you run it.

All three Generals have calculated 27,536 EXP.
This is their very base EXP, when you fight them you will get more.
Frankly, I forgot why that is so, but in the wiki those 27,536 EXP are what we list anyway.

However, note that for the wiki monster reference page you won't need to enter EXP or anything since this page will be updated automatically by running a script and this reverts all manual changes.
(Currently the EXP for the three Generels in it is outdated <.< )

Hope this helps and thanks for helping with the wiki (remember to use the edit summary) :alt-3:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Thanks. Code explains better than words.

cassy,
I think the wiki monster reference page han't been updated. It's still showing old hp values of crypt bosses.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

deepthought wrote:cassy,
I think the wiki monster reference page han't been updated. It's still showing old hp values of crypt bosses.
Yeah, I know. I'm afraid I still don't know how to update it (need to read stuff) :alt-8:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Mumble mumble, those should be mob_db_0_19.txt so they collate properly ...

The reason you get different actual exp is because of the 4x50% mutations, which each call `mob_mutate`, this line in particular:

Code: Select all

md->stats[mob_stat::XP_BONUS] += mutation_value[stat] * real_intensity;
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Wrote mage page and changed raising your stats section in walkthrough. I need feedback.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.