TMW social media presence

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

mortis
Peon
Peon

TMW social media presence

Post by mortis »

Hi everyone :)

First, i am sorry but my english is not fluent so i hope you will understand what i am talking about.

As wushin said on irc , there is nobody who could manage all social media stuff and i don't know how TMW staff will solve that problem...

I follow TMW Twitter profile and IMO it could be improved if they find a person to manage it:

1- TMW Twitter profile has no bio. If anyone finds it in his/her search results, i am not sure that he/she will understand what TMW really is. So adding one could be a good starting point.

2- Using some #hashtags in tweets is a good idea because when you use them, yours tweets can be found in search results of people who are looking for them. For example: if I type "#mana" i get the lastest posts using the "#mana" hashtag so if you use good keyword as hashtags, you have a chance to get more visitors.

3- Tweets become really attractive when you add pictures. And it could show how the game looks to newcomers.

4- On Twitter, when you have a lot of followers, people think that you are popular ( or that your followers are fakes lol). If you are using Twitter, it would be great if you could follow TMW profile to increase stats. And why not, sometimes, do a free retweet to help again?

5- This account really need a manager because few tweets a month are not enough to be visible on social medias.

Well, that was my (short) opinion about TMW Twitter account. ( but i am not sure that all i said was clear :oops: )

And you, do you have any ideas for improving TMW social media presence? Do you know someone who could manage social media stuff?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: TMW social media presence

Post by wushin »

I couldn't agree more. +1

We would love to have someone do social media. If anyone wants that job, they can have it. Just contact me via forums.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
mortis
Peon
Peon

Post by mortis »

Now, I see that TMW's twitter has a description and uses hashtags: that's nice :)

About pictures, it is possible to display one directly in the tweet by using "Media" button when you write a tweet. If you see the pics directly, it is more attractive. But maybe you have reasons to use another tool, it is up to you. :wink:

The banner can be changed for events too. Of course, these tips can also be used on Facebook if needed.

I am adding stuff on my personnal account and blog too. I hope it will slowly but surely help. Using SEO techniques is free and it can pay so it's worth it.
harryroy78
Newly Registered User

Post by harryroy78 »

mortis wrote:Hi everyone :)

First, i am sorry but my english is not fluent so i hope you will understand what i am talking about.

As wushin said on irc , there is nobody who could manage all social media stuff and i don't know how TMW staff will solve that problem...

I follow TMW Twitter profile and IMO it could be improved if they find a person to manage it:

1- TMW Twitter profile has no bio. If anyone finds it in his/her search results, i am not sure that he/she will understand what TMW really is. So adding one could be a good starting point.

2- Using some #hashtags in tweets is a good idea because when you use them, yours tweets can be found in search results of people who are looking for them. For example: if I type "#mana" i get the lastest posts using the "#mana" hashtag so if you use good keyword as hashtags, you have a chance to get more visitors.

3- Tweets become really attractive when you add pictures. And it could show how the game looks to newcomers.

4- On Twitter, when you have a lot of followers, people think that you are popular ( or that your followers are fakes lol). If you are using Twitter, it would be great if you could follow TMW profile to increase stats. And why not, sometimes, do a free retweet to help again?

5- This account really need a manager because few tweets a month are not enough to be visible on social medias.

Well, that was my (short) opinion about TMW Twitter account. ( but i am not sure that all i said was clear :oops: )

And you, do you have any ideas for improving TMW social media presence? Do you know someone who could manage social media stuff?
I'm not interested in these
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

harryroy78 wrote:I'm not interested in these
That's a very helpful comment :alt-7:

I didn't have time to check how the social media accounts of our project look like but I know for sure that it's very important to keep them alive and post stuff frequently so I very much like the idea of someone caring about this.
TMW lacks advertisment, so at least this is a good step.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy