Dev sections

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Dev sections

Post by Reid »

I was thinking, back in the first days of Evol we decided to cut the game development in two sections.
One that 4144 would lead, one that I will lead.

4144 would lead the server and game development while assuring the server maintenance, and I would lead the game development while assuring the game publicity.
Then we had the problem to select who lead the web part... (That's still an actual problem !)

Anyway, why not using the same kind of repartition on the forum?
We could cut the development in different sub-forums:
Development
- Client and Server development
- Game development
- Web development

That seems more than logical to me.
After that, we can cut the game development in different sub section, like the Art part (sound/graphic), the Content part (discussion/concept/implementation) and the Code part (script/tool).

In the end, we should have something like this:

Development
- Client and Server development
-- (too empty to have sub-forums yet, might happen later)
- Game development
-- Art
-- Content
-- Code
- Web development

What do you think ?

tl;dr: I'm again complaining that we have too many sub forums, but this time I have a proposal.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Dev sections

Post by WildX »

Wouldn't that result in even more sections? Right now server dev and content dev belong to the same forum, code dev *is* client/server dev and the others are sections we already have. The only change that I understand is merging graphic and sound dev, but I already thought about that and merging a very big section (graphic) with a relatively small one (sound) could result in sound-related topics being lost in the many graphic-related ones and they would just end up looking out of place.

Moving this to Web Development :)

TMW Team member