[SOLVED] Bad looking background in high resolutions

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[SOLVED] Bad looking background in high resolutions

Post by mas886 »

When i connect to the website with my screen (1080 resolution) i see this "error".

Image:

I think that it might be corrected, as i know it's easy to do, and it would give to the website an appareance of "more serious" project.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Bad looking background in high resolutions

Post by Reid »

It's easy to do but no one is willing/have time to do it. :)
I can't work in the game in same time than learning/changing things on the site. (I'm a newby on web development! alt22 ) Would you be able to give it a hand to fix it? I assume that it's easily changeable, but everything which is related to css or web is out of me.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

Ok, i will do it, give me what's necessary or tell me how to do it, (maybe posting the background file?), It's not a big probem. (I hope!)

Edit: I put this here.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

It has been discussed on IRC on how to correct it, Atzerkins submitted a code change to add back the fill background, it's now working as it used to.

We already use a large png file for the background, using one with an alpha layer will use more place, and it has been pointed out that this file might give us problems in case of DDoS, let's not make it worse. (one day I will remove useless alpha layers and maybe convert some stuff in jpg...)

I marked this thread as solved, but we can still discuss at different ways to manage our background on here if you wish to.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect