Evol Wiki Theme

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Evol Wiki Theme

Post by wushin »

Today I put up the new theme that better reflects the theme Evol had on their old website which wasn't so drab.
Feel free to check out the main site for the theme changes. Comments as always welcome.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Tirifto
Novice
Novice

Re: Evol Wiki Theme

Post by Tirifto »

This feels like a step in the right direction! The new look is refreshing and has a much more refined feel to it. I like it a lot. Although there are a few things which I think could be improved upon:
  • The upper menu feels very, strange being stretched across the whole window width. One has to move the cursor to the upper right corner to open it, but the menu items are displayed on the left side. Each button is also as wide as the browser window, although visually it's just a small button on the left. More buttons in side by side or not as wide menu might be nice.
  • The text in the sub-header (ex. "Main Page" on landscape with mountains background) should perhaps have a bit more contrast. Same goes for the items from the above mentioned menu upon mouse-over, which are barely legible. Maybe making the whole button brighter and the text dark upon mouse-over could work?
  • The main body (under the headers, where most of the content is), seems to have two layers of background, the upper being light brown texture and the bottom being dark grey texture. Would it be worth trying to use only the upper (light brown) background? I feel like it might look cleaner that way.
And the theme didn't bring open Esperanto localization.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Evol Wiki Theme

Post by WildX »

What Tirifto said plus I still have a problem with that stock photo sky in the background. Thanks for changing it though, it's definitely a step closer to what we need.

TMW Team member