Seperate TMW Player-forum

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Seperate TMW Player-forum

Post by Modanung »

Could we please have a seperate forum for TMW players? (clandiscusion and such) I can't stand the useless verbal clanwars spread through the serious development discussion. I'd REALLY like to have a seperate forum that I can easily ignore completely because I know there's nothing interesting for me when I see there's a new post.

Oh and sometimes the forums don't seem to remember which posts I already read and which I didn't, maybe this has got something to do with Firefox' tabsystem? Or is it a forum bug?
Or something with Microsoft ofcourse, always a possibility when you're using windows. :P
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
treo
Peon
Peon

Post by treo »

Oh and sometimes the forums don't seem to remember which posts I already read and which I didn't, maybe this has got something to do with Firefox' tabsystem? Or is it a forum bug?
Or something with Microsoft ofcourse, always a possibility when you're using windows.
I have the problem too, it seems to be a problem of phpbb that it doesn't notice that you have read a thread when you open several at a time
Verious
Peon
Peon

Post by Verious »

I've experienced the same issue. It seems to be a problem with the forum software and/or configuration.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

Invision free is ... free, and its pretty easy to use :o.

Why not try that? google Invision Free and you should get the main site
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

I think focusing on the game is more important when the forums work fine...

but a board(s) or forums for players would be good so its not all together... since its early 1 board or 2 would be fine for now.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Ok I created a Player Talk forum, that should do for now I think.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Yay :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Draicone
Peon
Peon

Post by Draicone »

Looks like the Player Talk section is immensely popular :) Although what if we seperated to a new phpBB installation altogether and spread topics across many boards, just to cater for needs in infrastructure expansion? If we don't do it now, we'll have to do it some time soon...
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

My opinion: one has to have a special developer / contributor / "trusted user" status on the forums to be able to post into the development forums.

Yeah, old topic, but the amount of useless opinions has increased lately. (This is not bothering me, the fact that is bothering me is that it will only increase in the future, acting in advance could be nice. Also at some point I'd like to make the content development a closed section in order to be able to surprise the players.)
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Rotonen, have you ever read "The Cathedral and the Bazaar"?

Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_and_the_Bazaar

Online version
http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathe ... al-bazaar/
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Crush wrote:Rotonen, have you ever read "The Cathedral and the Bazaar"?

Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_and_the_Bazaar

Online version
http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathe ... al-bazaar/
I had and I can't see your point. The article talks about spotting bugs and correcting them, not about content development -which falls more into the opinion area-.
For bugs correction the bazaar aproach is ok and there is already the bug/support & suggestions subforums, but for content development I agree with Rotonen.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

this topic is very important but off topic at this place. I opened a new thread about it:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?p=12401
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Draicone
Peon
Peon

Post by Draicone »

Now hang on, once a discussion, always a discussion. Ever heard that one? Tricky...