Can you make a spamland section?

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Tintin
Novice
Novice

Can you make a spamland section?

Post by Tintin »

It really boosts the forum activities to have a spam section where people can spam to their hearts content, make it so span doesn't count towards the final post count score and let people enjoy!!!! :D
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Can you make a spamland section?

Post by Crush »

Sure, it would increase forum activity, but not the kind of activity we need.

Our goal here is to develope a game, not form a coffee klatsch community. We already got enough irrelevant postings sucking up developers time.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Tintin
Novice
Novice

Post by Tintin »

Well that's the thing you need to make a forum community :D, you need the whole raft of entertainment for that though.

most games do that, you get Mods, Smods, and stuff to manage forums and you have seperate areas where the developers only look, so by adding spamland art sections etc... make a whole new section that's of topic that will take all the people who don't post on topic and move them there, then you can promote some people as mods over them to keep them in check and that would take the strain of modding the forums of the developers. Also you could generally put mods over the entire forums that way all developers have to do is post now and then in a couple more important threads.

Trust me most online games do that, that way the "important areas" Won't be spammed as much and you can hit harder on spam there. And move unnecessary thread to the right sections to get them out of the way.

It boosts activity but this way you channel all the current useless and more extra useless posts away from the areas and by adding mods remove the stress of developers :D.

But its your forums.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Most major player communities / clans / whatever have their own forums.

We have the offtopic section, but I do discourage the usage of that.
This message used to be meaningful.