Wiki update

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Savi
Novice
Novice

Wiki update

Post by Savi »

Not sure if I put this post in the right place.

I was looking at the new monsters that were added to the Wiki. I noticed the female skeleton didn't have hair on the head like it does in the game.
It appears that all 3 skeletons shown in the wiki look the same.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Wiki update

Post by Crush »

The skeleton monsters use a new technique called "layered monsters". They all use the same base sprite (the one shown on the wiki) plus additional sprites blitted over them which are usually used for players (hair, armor...).

The monsters from the wisp family are also using a new technique, by the way. The little sparks orbiting around them are a particle effect.

Feel free to create new pictures of them and upload them to the wiki. You could do this by either composing the different sprites in a graphic program or you could just take a screenshot and crop it.

Edit: Hunubi added correct pictures for the skeleton monsters to the wiki
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

As the title of this topic is very general (Wiki update), I'd like to announce that I added two maps of the graveyard and swamp region to the wiki World-map (which is indeed a Wiki update...). I hope you like them.

If you like I can make some more maps, but only if the community wants to have such maps. Otherwise, i believe, it would be just wasted time.

Greets,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by swimmy »

Dicekid wrote:As the title of this topic is very general (Wiki update), I'd like to announce that I added two maps of the graveyard and swamp region to the wiki World-map (which is indeed a Wiki update...). I hope you like them.

If you like I can make some more maps, but only if the community wants to have such maps. Otherwise, i believe, it would be just wasted time.

Greets,
Dicekid
As I see the map, you seem to connect some screenshots.
There's easy way to do it:
1. Unpack the update file, and search for the map file where you want pictures of map. (You can see map name with /where in game.)
2. Open the .tmx file with Tiled.
3. Zoom in/out to suitable size.
4. Save as image.

That's the easiest way I think.

And you can see updates from wiki Recent Changes.
who was...
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

Thanks a lot, I will try this and maybe you will see some new maps of TMW in the next days in the wiki.

Bye,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!