Signature size

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Signature size

Post by Modanung »

I have another suggestion for the forums... concerning the size of signatures.

I'd say restrict it to 69 characters and the size of an image to something like 600x40 (80 max).

This to prevent huge signatures (ofcourse) and to prevent people who are personally told to remove or edit their sig because of it's size to feel discriminated against.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

it's only a few people that use big-ass sig pics (can think of only one right now. hi deathjoker! ;)) so i dont think it's that much of an issue.
how about 468x80 (standard ad banner size) maximum so those wo dont give a f-ck about sigs can filter them easier? a text limit's a good idea though (hard to filter sig text...)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I limited text in signatures to 70 characters. If someone thinks it's not enough please post your reasons here. I couldn't find a way to limit size of images though.
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

just turn em off, then. who needs sig pics anyways, we got avatars.
(btw, the av pics do have size restraints iirc, maybe you could just adapt that code)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I don't feel like turning them off, I like customization and having your own can help. About avatars yeah they're already limited...