hello is there anybody out there?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
crifxer
Peon
Peon

hello is there anybody out there?

Post by crifxer »

Every time I log into evol there are no players at all...
On mana there are usually 20 chars or less and half of them are shops.
Maybe having a little news about what's going on would be useful to keep the community alive!
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: hello is there anybody out there?

Post by WildX »

We do have news and you're in the right place for that. That said, we should bring back the monthly news that we used to have in Evol. I'll see what can be done about that. Look out for news posts here on the forums soon!

TMW Team member

MAF-Apane
Novice
Novice

Post by MAF-Apane »

Yes it would be good to have some news !
Tirifto
Novice
Novice

Post by Tirifto »

crifxer wrote:Every time I log into evol there are no players at all...
On mana there are usually 20 chars or less and half of them are shops.
Maybe having a little news about what's going on would be useful to keep the community alive!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Evol didn't have a (big) player base in the first place. TMW takes a very long time to complete, and there's always something to do. Evol can be completed within an hour or two, and there's barely anything to do. Therefore, it makes sense to me that TMW would have more players; I don't think Evol really has a player community to keep alive.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

The Evol server is and has always been a demo of a game that was still being developed. At this time both Evol and TMW servers that you can access are demos since the main game is being developed offline and on the test server.

TMW Team member

Tirifto
Novice
Novice

Post by Tirifto »

WildX wrote:At this time both Evol and TMW servers that you can access are demos since the main game is being developed offline and on the test server.
TMW is not a demo; it is a fairly complete game/server which was abandoned for the new one.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Tirifto wrote:
WildX wrote:At this time both Evol and TMW servers that you can access are demos since the main game is being developed offline and on the test server.
TMW is not a demo; it is a fairly complete game/server which was abandoned for the new one.
Honestly I feel like at this point there's no reason for me to constantly repeat myself. Those who wanted to understand have done so. TMW has never been a complete server. It was always a temporary solution until the "real server" was going to be ready. This has been the case for over a decade now.

Quote from 2009 of Jax calling TMW a demo of Manaserv:
Jaxad0127 wrote:
TheBasilisk wrote:
Kage wrote:might be possible with ManaServ
That's the reply to pretty much all feature requests I see here.

When are we going to have a working demo? (Sorry if there already is one)
There are multiple copies running in different places around the globe. TMW, Mana, Invertika, ....

TMW Team member

Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

Hopefully on the second game, we can call it The Great Earthquake II :wink:
_

Let me help you understand pirate talk.
Arrrr!!! (The letter "R", and any other sentence or emotion imaginable, excepting the following ones); Arrrr!!! (angry "R"); Arrrr!!! (relaxed "Aaahh"); Arrrr!!! ("Man Overboard! Quick! Grab the ropes! Loosen the raft!"); Arrrr!!! ("What a lovely day! Sun shining..."); Arrrr!!! ("Oh no. Looks like more rain. Are our garments dry? Can we stop using them as a secondary sail yet?")
Chipollino
Newly Registered User

Post by Chipollino »

Yeah, same thing here... I stopped by, and had very hard time figuring out, what's going on with the game, it's all very confusing. There used to be a game I played... The Mana World. Maybe 5 years ago? With quite many people onine, quests, even some pvp if I recall correctly. Is it now developed offline? Or is it now called the demo server? And "rEvolt" is the name of the new, real server? When is it expected to go live?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Chipollino wrote:Yeah, same thing here... I stopped by, and had very hard time figuring out, what's going on with the game, it's all very confusing. There used to be a game I played... The Mana World. Maybe 5 years ago? With quite many people onine, quests, even some pvp if I recall correctly. Is it now developed offline? Or is it now called the demo server? And "rEvolt" is the name of the new, real server? When is it expected to go live?
All the information is linked here and on the homepage under "TMW-Evol Fusion".

TMW Team member