What do you think of the halloween quest of this year?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Stone
Newly Registered User

What do you think of the halloween quest of this year?

Post by Stone »

After a month the quest is over.

Did you love it and you want to start again and collect sweets forever?
was it good as usual?
was it a boredom and you don't want to see something similar anymore?
was it so boring that you nuked gak?
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: What do you think of the halloween quest of this year?

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Stone wrote:was it so boring that you nuked gak?
*nukes stone*
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Stone
Newly Registered User

Post by Stone »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
Stone wrote:was it so boring that you nuked gak?
*nukes stone*
Sorry i am not part of the halloween quest, but if you want to nuke me, nuke me i don't care, even if i don't understand the reason.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

It managed to do 3 little things.
1.) It managed to only fuel rich, that is right, only the people that can afford it, 15k in candies. Congrats you managed to keep the rich got richer while screwing the poor. Sorry but this is starting to seem like a broken record.

2.) It managed to dump millions if not tens of millions of dollars into the rich pockets. To get 15k in candies, DO THE FREAKING MATH. 1 spider drops 1 candy per kill. How many spiders does it take to get 15k. That is right, 15,000 of them. Now there is like 1 in 500 chance, last I checked of getting an infantry helmet from a spider, how many infantry helmets are now in the game, congrats you are right 30 Infantry helmets per player (about 500k in money if properly horded). If you where doing the wildness, you are now about 1kk richer ( if not more) because of the drops of iron potions, furs, roots, logs, and other drops. In one freaking quest you managed to not only undo all the progress the last 3 months work to reduce the money. Care to take a guess on who got the money and items? THE FREAKING RICH GOT THE FREAKING ITEMS AND MONEY!!!!

3.)Last but not least, we now have more freaking rares in a game that as proven time and time again, that rares destroy the economy, and who got the rares, THE FREAKING RICH GOT THE RARES!!!!

My point, simply do not run quest like this in the future. Do not require endless grinding on animals that have a expensive drop rate. Please think through the whole quest before handing the rich more items, more money, more rares.

So I called it, this quest ended badly. Sorry to yell, but really guys, you swear we need to reduce inflation and you double inflation in one move.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Post by bcs86 »

I didn't get a lot, but just enough for safe-keeping because later they might be a rare piece of server.themanaworld.org history. I also still have xmas ornaments from last year, likewise not many.

Last year there was a skeleton guy who asked players to bring him candy.
I did not help either events. This one was, alas, late. It is useless to argue how "good" it was. The server was lucky to even have had the event.

My thanks to those who did help. Exploring some of the newer stuff gave me something to do.

I'm betting this xmas will be a blast... if we celebrate it before next March. No pressure. I owe an effort if I have expectations of it.

I believe a little optimism can go a very very long way for the next event. I hear it will be very extra special.
And yet likewise, naughtiness and nay-saying will probably lead to an xmas of grinding for coal.

P.S. At least characters don't starve from being poor. Those greedy rich scrooges probably starve while eating imaginary candy. (I jest.)
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Money sinks were so last month but nice argue-meant :p Sinks are permanent money is not.
Zang
Newly Registered User

Post by Zang »

Iam agree with Dark Water, this quest ended badly.....
only high lvel n rich player can get the best prizes....
Anak BALI Cinta Damai
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

High lvl may be true. If you grind through monsters to get your candy good for you. If you sat on your ass because you wanted to show those mean devs that you weren't going to do it tell last second when you knew what the prizes were I am deeply sorry to disappoint. The quest was last second. The quest was not completely planned out tell the end and in the end tmw was lucky to have the late November event at all. Please pretend to enjoy the game and hope for a better event next time, thanks.
- Meway
Last edited by meway on 14 Dec 2010, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

i didn't like how long it went on, but i really enjoyed it now that i have my hats and scissors.
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

It was fun at the start, but the quest continued for a long time and I lost interest. This quest wasn't for me.

I don't lurk in the content development areas. I didn't see the value of grinding forever for a reward I could not see. The reward was endless grinding. I stopped collecting candy and waited for the quest to end.

In the future, I will use a client with automatic features for quests like this.

I do appreciate the efforts of the developers and content creators for these special events.

[edit:addition] I'd like to thank the GM's for patiently hosting events during this quest that used quest & holiday related artwork.
Last edited by bigglesworth on 14 Dec 2010, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

The event I'd planned previously was (in my opinion) better, but a critical bug was discovered at the last minute. The day before Hallowe'en or so.

This event was rushed - sans rewards, I made it in a day. It wasn't the best, but it's not true that it gave the best rewards to the rich - after the bone sequence, even a level one character could have collected fifteen thousand sweets in that time. And if I'd thought more on it, I wouldn't have included the bones part. I intended the quest to be doable by any level character.

As for it dragging on so long: yeah, sorry about that. I decided we should release the event before the rewards were ready, which was okay because otherwise the event wouldn't have started until December - but yeah, I took much too long getting the second section ready.

Still, thanks for any comments! Negative ones, too: they can help me not to make the same mistakes again :) .

Merry Christmas!
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i think for now on if you have others helping you do some thing like a event you need to keep in the loop .....
no knew what was going on (except 1 person mostly) ...help was there to be given (not just me) but we where all left in the dark on this one imo....and some of the prizes had talk of being used latter for other things in the works and to me thats a shame.... :|

---skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

poison_ivy wrote:The event I'd planned previously was (in my opinion) better, but a critical bug was discovered at the last minute. The day before Hallowe'en or so.

This event was rushed - sans rewards, I made it in a day. It wasn't the best, but it's not true that it gave the best rewards to the rich - after the bone sequence, even a level one character could have collected fifteen thousand sweets in that time. And if I'd thought more on it, I wouldn't have included the bones part. I intended the quest to be doable by any level character.

As for it dragging on so long: yeah, sorry about that. I decided we should release the event before the rewards were ready, which was okay because otherwise the event wouldn't have started until December - but yeah, I took much too long getting the second section ready.

Still, thanks for any comments! Negative ones, too: they can help me not to make the same mistakes again :) .
In the end, I think the quest worked.
Many thanks to Varuna and Natibe, who I understand created much of the original content.
Thank you also to Jenalya for stepping in at short notice to finish the quest.

Enchilado, here are some things you can learn from experience:
Learn how to work effectively with others. (nb: this requires good intentions and lots of practice.)
Learn to recognize when a situation is too big for one person (any person, not just you), and accept help when it is offered. (Subject to the previous item.)

Here are a few mistakes you don't need to make again. Ever.
Don't steal others' work and put your name on it.
Don't take credit for salvaging a mess you created and others fixed.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I wouldn't have mentioned this here, but since Frost already did.

It seems, as if nothing of the work, Pjotr and I did to fix up the quest, was used. I was wondering, who did the final version used. So I understand it right, that you came back and finished your work, Enchilado?

That's fine, but in my opinion, the mistake with miscalculatation of the credit points was avoidable, because it wouldn't have been a problem to wait one more day and test things properly. You needed just to ask.

For all people, who might not have heard: There was a bug with the calculation of credit points, and if you got your rewards before the fix up, you can still get rewards for the missing points. (I think, this might be helpful for all players, who weren't online during the announcments )
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

In reference to the total point calculation:

It was fun to be able to buy items with credits.

It became a disappointment.

After the bug fix, I actually did have the correct total credits at the start to buy the hat I wanted most. I didn't know that I could have taken a witch's hat @4500 credits versus the goblin mask @2500 credits, but those credits were already spent. I could not return my 'reward'.

Now, I will have to buy the hat from another player if it ever becomes available.