Server Problems

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
meneer
Newly Registered User

Server Problems

Post by meneer »

Hello all,

I constantly gets problems with lag. I keep moving like someone else is playing with my character and my char dies when I'm attacking monsters (also the quite easy ones (the ones i can easily handle but where I also get hit))

A friend also has the same problem and he lives in the Netherlands (I'm from Belgium) so It cannot be bad luck that both of our ISPs has the same lag experience.

Ping seems to be fine (around 60 or 70 ms)
Possible other confliting programs (I have for school apache and mysql on my pc) are disabled and could not solve the problem.
So I think it has to be something with the server.

You can ask me some really technical stuff (i'm used to this) for defining the problem.

My client is Manaplus 1.1.11.12 (I didn't yet tried with other clients)

Hope you can solve the problem

Meneer
meneer
Newly Registered User

Re: Server Problems

Post by meneer »

It seems to be something with Manaplus... I just tried the official client and seems to give no lag at all!!
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Look like you have bad video drivers and this not related to network speed, but for graphics speed and fps.

To solve this problem select "Software" in video settings tab and restart client.
Also if you have low memory pc, try disable "advanced caching" in perfomance settings tab.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Moved to player talk, as this is about issues with a third party client.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

sir, I like your username :wink:
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Different options in Manaplus protect you against official client issues. One of them is "protection against buggy server" which avoids random disconnections when you repeat some commands fast (magic for instance, with shortcuts). The bad is that you may experience more lags instead.
:/
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Kull
Novice
Novice

Post by Kull »

You have crazy moves turned on?