look that.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
mumen1
Peon
Peon

look that.

Post by mumen1 »

[img]hello[/img]
Attachments
xDDDDD
xDDDDD
ManaPlus_Screenshot_128.png (149.31 KiB) Viewed 6717 times
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: look that.

Post by Chicka-Maria »

what servers this from? (obviously not the main). must be a pretty old screenshot to considering joe_black left a while ago.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

tmw-ufb ?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Can I just ask why is this posted in content development?
And why post it anyway? O.o

Like reid said I think it's from the ufb server... unless your actually trying to recreate everything there or something I'd suggest an admin should move/lock this thread...
-Nahem - My Characters in use are:
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Are you up for a CHALLENGE? Yes!
Project Hurnscald
I'm currently attempting to develop an Event Arena and I'm looking for ideas!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Moved from Content Development to Player talk.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
var
Novice
Novice

Post by var »

Anonymous!!! wrote: Like reid said I think it's from the ufb server... unless your actually trying to recreate everything there or something I'd suggest an admin should move/lock this thread...
In that case he or she should be careful, since some of the original UFB content (mostly imply scripts and arts) is not released under the GPL V2.0 license or CC-BY-SA license (where credits are due anyway, following the respective licenses/copyright holders guidelines) but under a proprietary license. Some developers and administrators of other servers asked for the permission to use them e.g. the non GPLed version of Angel wings in TMW-BR that however grants them, in this particular case, the freedom to modify and use that piece of art (however they can still switch to the GPLed version if they need an Open License.
It can be found here http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 04#p107504 leaving, of course, the copyright notice intact, which is what we consider "appropriate copyright notice" as stated in the GPL license).

So it would be wiser to ask to the creator before using or editing something which is original UFB content that might have been released under a proprietary license.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

Varuna.... :) long not seen you, nice to see you around between letters! Do you transfered your ego too into this ForumWorld to reach a new level of being?
mumen1
Peon
Peon

Post by mumen1 »

thats server is a copy with the original ufb but tha have more updates the server dont have a name
have a ip and is 64.31.41.78
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

This is also a Portuguese server. (I checked it out)
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
var
Novice
Novice

Post by var »

Wait a minute, i just noticed something weird... how come that this http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=10604 wyvern has been used by this server under GPL license since i know that Arikel never released it under that license?

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

var wrote:Wait a minute, i just noticed something weird... how come that this http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=10604 wyvern has been used by this server under GPL license since i know that Arikel never released it under that license?
He posted in this forum without stating that he licenses it as something else than GPL. According to the forum rules that means he released it as GPL: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 344#p11344
var
Novice
Novice

Post by var »

Jenalya wrote:
var wrote:Wait a minute, i just noticed something weird... how come that this http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=10604 wyvern has been used by this server under GPL license since i know that Arikel never released it under that license?
He posted in this forum without stating that he licenses it as something else than GPL. According to the forum rules that means he released it as GPL: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 344#p11344

No, when the license it's not clear it must be asked to the copyright holder this is true for everyplace and this is something that is said in many other places http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1190 ... -specified, also i cannnot see where that rule say that if you post you donate the art and it is licensed as GPL.
Platyna wrote:you have to take under your consideration and accept the fact that any intellectual property donated to The Mana World is released under terms of GNU General Public License.
We do not accept anything released under proprietary licenses.
Platyna wrote:Posting a contribution on this forum/website/wiki (and other media that belongs to the project) means acceptation of the above rules unless explicitely stated otherwise
The above quote state if you want to contribute and you donate not if you post you donate, it states, if you post you accept the fact that if you want to contribute and donate then the project will reserve the rights to avoid to use your piece of art if it's not GPL.
Arikel wrote: Remembering a monster from my favourite game of all times (FTL's Dunjeon Master), i wished to make a manaworld version of it, and started to work on a right side view animation. I'd need advice about pretty much everything about it i guess : the shape, the animation, the texture and the shading...
I used pure red and green for it to be dyeable, colors are not supposed to be these ones (or at least not these two together like that) on a monster in game. I'm also thinking about having some transparency on the wings on the final version.
There's no such statement that says: i donate or i want to contribute in that first post or in any other that follow, i checked, it's just a post to get hints and help. Am i wrong?

A post doesn't mean that the person wants to contribuite, everyone posts in forums to get hints and helps that doesn't mean they want to donate or contribute.

Last thing what if someone post something that has another licence like CC-BY-SA or another Artistic license just to get hints? that becomes GPL too?

Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

mumen1 wrote:thats server is a copy with the original ufb but tha have more updates the server dont have a name
have a ip and is 64.31.41.78
This server: Image(edit)

Nard
Last edited by Nard on 27 May 2012, 12:33, edited 4 times in total.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

What about tmw br?

Are our Brazilian friends having a community split?
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Nard wrote:has a repository: https://code.google.com/p/repositorio-tmw-chaos/ (edit)
https://code.google.com/p/repositorio-t ... %2FUpdates
*ouch* That's not how you are supposed to use a version control system.
  • NOT a game master