Platyna, may we please have a ruling!

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Platyna, may we please have a ruling!

Post by prsm »

With all do respect, there is a game ruling we need you to define.

When a player brings multiple alts onto a single map, all the alts stack and fight as one.
If we botcheck them they will respond, since he is watching the screen on one, I believe its circumventing the definition of the rules, and a few others do also, but that's irrelevant! Can you please define if this is against the rules.

Thanks in advance

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Platyna, may we please have a ruling!

Post by Crush »

I think the general consensus until now was that it is allowed. Main reason being that stacking is normal player behavior and that there is no way to prove that all characters are controlled by the same person.

My opinion was that this should be fixed by making the gameplay less stacking-friendly by giving all mobs splash-damage.

But my opinion doesn't count anymore, so better listen to what Platyna has to say in this regard.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Wasn't there a new type of botcheck introduced some months ago, where the GM could ask a "suspicious" stack of characters to do various actions simultaneously that cannot be performed unless they are real different players?
This is what made the famous stacks in graveyard disappear. So I don't understand the point of this thread.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

While i was doing rounds yesterday, i warned a player to stop stacking his alts. When I talked to Narus about it she informed
me it was against the rules, I thought it was. Prior to all this Platyna made a comment that all rule changes were hers to make,
so rather than guess which of us are correct, I asked for a ruling from Platyna.
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

After the reinterpretation of the multibox rule we know stacks with autofollow are against the rules, so in those cases we clearly know what do to and as we all saw the huge stacks of alts are no longer in game. But we need to know what Platyna want us to do with other cases like one character hitting and an alt healing, in the same map, or 4 players automated in different maps. We have players fro quite along time now using 3 characters at once in differnt maps now we are asking to Platyna what does she want us to do in those situations.
We can check them in ways we can see if it is an alt or just two guys on the same IP that is not problem but if we are going to reinterpretate the rule again we have to be clear with players about what is allowed and what is not. Like "the use of alts is allowed as long as only one char is fightintg/healing" those kind of clarifycations are what we need.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

essentially, after platyna said:
Platyna wrote:I am also dissapointed that some people tries to interfere with the rules I set, behind my back (I have found a topic when someone was already prepared to announce that no devs rule no longer apply). As well as changing the bot rule interpretation. It is my first and final warning - any hand raised behind my back, on the rules I set, will be cut off.

Regards.
we need an interpretation from her. Granted we were only applying what she said here:
Platyna wrote:There is no rule forbidding following other players. There is a rule preventing to annoy players and to use automation to gain advantage over other players which is unfair. If a GM suspects botting, s/he is supposed to execute a standard botcheck on each char.

Also it is not forbidden to attack the same mob as another char, it is even encouraged to play in teams (of living people), this question is completely pointless as there are and there were no rule forbidding it. Common sense is a rule of all rules, appliance of the rules could be some way automated I would get rid of GMs and introduce rules-enforcing bots.

Regards.
We merely clarified the botting rule, which was, up to that point, allowing stacks of characters to autofollow one lead character and all attack the same monster, to disallow the autofollowing of another character through the use of client exploits. The method of botchecking these 'stacks' is laid out in this post: http://forums.themanaworld.org/mcp.php? ... 2&p=126299 .

If we have been doing incorrectly, we need to know.

FYI, this was all laid and stickied in a public post here > http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 12&t=16077
sexy red bearded GM
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

and i am too old to lose a limb!
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Bump to keep this thread alive.
sexy red bearded GM
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I would think a week would be enough time
Attachments
35034137.jpg
35034137.jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 3369 times
sexy red bearded GM
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

for realz. Bump.
sexy red bearded GM
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

After a certain time, lack of answer is an answer itself.
(I don't know to say that in Latin.)

Anyway, it's a beautiful day outside. Enjoy it!
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

prsm wrote:With all do respect, there is a game ruling we need you to define.

When a player brings multiple alts onto a single map, all the alts stack and fight as one.
It was already discussed - it is cheatig if you can prove this is automated. Problem is that multiaccount is hard to track (eg. how do we know if those are not different people in one LAN?)

Regards.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Big Crunch wrote:essentially, after platyna said:
Platyna wrote:I am also dissapointed that some people tries to interfere with the rules I set, behind my back (I have found a topic when someone was already prepared to announce that no devs rule no longer apply). As well as changing the bot rule interpretation. It is my first and final warning - any hand raised behind my back, on the rules I set, will be cut off.

Regards.
we need an interpretation from her. Granted we were only applying what she said here:
Platyna wrote:There is no rule forbidding following other players. There is a rule preventing to annoy players and to use automation to gain advantage over other players which is unfair. If a GM suspects botting, s/he is supposed to execute a standard botcheck on each char.

Also it is not forbidden to attack the same mob as another char, it is even encouraged to play in teams (of living people), this question is completely pointless as there are and there were no rule forbidding it. Common sense is a rule of all rules, appliance of the rules could be some way automated I would get rid of GMs and introduce rules-enforcing bots.

Regards.
We merely clarified the botting rule, which was, up to that point, allowing stacks of characters to autofollow one lead character and all attack the same monster, to disallow the autofollowing of another character through the use of client exploits. The method of botchecking these 'stacks' is laid out in this post: http://forums.themanaworld.org/mcp.php? ... 2&p=126299 .

If we have been doing incorrectly, we need to know.

FYI, this was all laid and stickied in a public post here > http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 12&t=16077

the method of bot check was linked n this post
sexy red bearded GM
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

This thread has been made public as it played a part in why I, as GM, wanted to move away from Platyna. I think the other GMs would agree that this topic was a 'last straw' kind of thing as well.

BC
sexy red bearded GM