Terranite Cave Ownership anniversary

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Terranite Cave Ownership anniversary

Post by wushin »

I like the idea of "Player Run Events" More power to you guys. Hold that terranite cave from the Hurnscald Sitters. I wish more players would host events. Most likely as long as it's not a candor you can @wgm and they might broadcast the challenge for people to come get you.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
verdo
Peon
Peon

Post by verdo »

"If you are a mage, you will kill everyone", correction: if you're a asorm'd banshee archer you will kill everyone.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Kazenawa wrote:
Big Crunch wrote:The worry should be about the ones that play and cant figure out what the **** is going on around lvl 10-20, in regards to retention.
However players from levels 10-20 can't barely survive in Terra cave. They can't even kill a single spider, and barely kill red slimes, which are present in a giant quantity for a low level player.
I was referring to people starting play overall, not in the terror cave.

Dyna, while I understand your perspective, I've personally spent hours battling on both sides of that conflict. :alt-9: It was alot of fun. Admittedly Pvp is unbalanced. Perhaps the introduction of a sort of Asorm Amulet would benefit the balance issue?
sexy red bearded GM
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Stating that a mage can kill everyone just shows you didn't play last year, self asormed banshee archer can kill mage, without even strong mage asorm. tank mages and different builds of banshee's can kill other banshee users, i had my exp killing banshee archer as rager and i heard other ragers did the same.
pvp might not be in perfect balance but there are ways to work it around.
It seems that you ignore my whole post about asking how relevant terranite cave is for new players. you also ignore the suggestion of chicka maria and me for other players to form groups to counter attack.
like wushin said i dont think sitting in town chatting with some old players actually help to enlarge our player base the opposite... events like this might encourage new players to level and stay in game to get a piece of the action.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Nobody is going to stop you. You're not doing anything against the rules. But I am distancing myself from this as a player. And as a GM, whenever someone complains to me about this (as they have done already), all I can do is link to this post and shrug.

I will mention, however, that just because things have been done a certain way as far as you can remember, doesn't mean that it's the best way to do them. A lot of things in this game (and project) are broken exactly because of that approach.

I think I've said pretty much everything I've had to say on this matter.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

SriNitayanda wrote:Stating that a mage can kill everyone just shows you didn't play last year
Of course I didn't...I left the game for 3 years because the community took a nose dive and ended up where it is today. A bunch of self absorbed, narcissistic children-adults who feel the need to 'own' a place in the game for the pure reason that they can. I came back hoping it had changed but in the end, it hasn't.

So now we have to play a certain way to get quests done because you are forcing it onto us? Awesome...just means more will either leave or afk in town because why bother doing anything else?

This is last I will say on this matter because the children have taken over driving the school bus
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

first of all :alt-9:
Dyna wrote:feel the need to 'own' a place in the game for the pure reason that they can. I came back hoping it had changed but in the end, it hasn't.
Like i stated the reason behind it was to make some more pvp action in game.
Dyna wrote:So now we have to play a certain way to get quests done because you are forcing it onto us? Awesome...just means more will either leave or afk in town because why bother doing anything else?
You always have to play certain way to complete quests, some of them require cooperation like illia, some of them require grinding in a pvp area.
We are not forcing anything, people always kill others in terranite cave right now it is just more organized for a period of time.
so either way you have to be cautious in pvp area.
Dyna wrote:A bunch of self absorbed, narcissistic children-adults
Is it really neccesary? i didn't call you self rightous, preachy, asocial separatist. also i didn't ask do we have to change the way we play cause Dyna is pissed of with it?
If you dont like the way other people play you can just ignore it and keep distance from them, if you dont like pvp you can keep distance from pvp cave, no one is forcing you to go there, like i said before there are alternatives for most things and only one quest requires you to grind there.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

What I see in this thread ─ apart from some whiner and a GM encouraging players to whine instead of pointing out how to play with the "problem" ─ , is that there is a need for an alternate way to gather terranite ore and amethysts.
Such thing has been brought up already. A safer location with no PvP, and of course, less terranites. And if the players are too many on that place, that will even encourage what the players should have been told to do: team up and go take that interesting place by yourselves.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

At this risk of turning this flamewar into a productive discussion ...
v0id wrote:there is a need for an alternate way to gather terranite ore and amethysts.
Maybe we could use this as part of the "move players out of Hurnscald and into Tulimshare so new players aren't lonely" incentive?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Fortunato
Novice
Novice

Post by Fortunato »

o11c wrote:At this risk of turning this flamewar into a productive discussion ...
v0id wrote:there is a need for an alternate way to gather terranite ore and amethysts.
Maybe we could use this as part of the "move players out of Hurnscald and into Tulimshare so new players aren't lonely" incentive?
There is this breach in the middle of the Tulimshar sewers - 2 Terranites there would be fun! One of those construction worker NPCs (or that guy at the western sewer entrance, forgot the name) could inform players about the dangers of that terranite breach.

Background story along the lines of: the terranites were tunneling down there and accidentally broke through the sewer walls - now they are a danger to tulimshar's sewer maintenance workers. They are always looking for people to contain the situation - maybe this NPC even buys terranite ore for some work well done at a fair price...
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

I am one of the initiators of this idea.

As I suspected some people would turn against us. Unfortunately people even left the guild I am in because of it.

As Nitayandarama said: The main objective is to promote PVP and make people actually play more more socially. From my point of view the terranite cave was always designed to be a cave where no-one could thread around safely. When I gathered terranite ore myself when I was around lvl 80 i remember how exciting i thought it was being there - sure at times it was frustrating to get killed. But oh joy what a nice thing it was to gather up your in game friends and go after the one that killed you and get your revenge.

What we hope this will lead to is that people need to gang up, need to find friends and play a bit more socially instead of just going there to grind without any fear of being slain.

The idea has never been that this is awesome and cool because we can kill lower-level players one by one. If someone really think that this is our intention I don't really think they know us as players. We have all been very social, we've all been helping people that are new to the game etc. - To claim that we are some self obsessed kids who like to show our might is just plainly wrong. What we hope to do is to get people to team up against us and by doing so getting them to play more socially and hopefully enjoy the game more. That is the idea!

We can't just do this for five hours and say "meh, this led to nothing let's give up.". Then all the slaying of innocent guys one by one would be pointless. We need to do this for a certain time to give people the chance to form parties and go hunt us down.

And saying this has nothing to do with role playing.. well for me it really is about that, you won't be killed by any of my alts listed in my signature in the caves without attacking me first - I can assure you that. It is not fitting their roles and how I like those characters to be seen in the game. You have to be able to distinguish between me as a person and the characters I play in this game.

Most of my alts are friendly, as am I. But for this game to be interesting I think we need some evil to fight - Otherwise why don't we just take away everything that can be annoying at times? Fallens, Skulls...

All areas are not designed to be playable for everyone at all levels. If we make some of the parts of the game harder to survive on for lower level alts maybe people spread around a bit more in the game. As of now 95% of the player population is hanging out at Hurnscald, GY and Terra Caves. Hopefully MadCamels fix that brings those oh so annoying skulls to the gy will get mid-level players spread out a bit in the world. Questions might be raised such as "where should they level now?". Maybe we have to make a new map for those levels, fine. Incentives to make this game better is great.

TL:DR
I hope to annoy people so much that they form search and destroy parties to go hunt us down. I am a bit annoyed of being attacked by some of the "older players" claiming i am a self righteous kid trying to ruin the game for everyone when the purpose was to make it more interesting. If we somehow reveal problems with game mechanics or game design, good lets see what those are and try to fix them. This game is not a finished product and hopefully never will be. We will always be able to make improvements - that is what makes it great!

I hope we learned something at the end of this experiment.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Dyna wrote:Chicka...those posts are 3 years old or did you not see the date of them? Our playerbase is tiny now compared to back then.

What part of pvp isn't at all an option in this game do you not understand? Our three classes are in no way balanced to make it fun. If you are a mage, you will kill everyone. Warriors and archers have no chance. So it's just mage vs mage and who has the most levels and iron powders. How is that fun?

That is untrue though, I have no problems killing mages as a archer. I can kill archers, mages and warriors. With the right equipment on you *can* destroy any class.
I have also seen warriors destroy both of those classes as well, you just have to think of what to do in order to kill the person.. I understand pretty well considering i have tried killing every single class and have obtained objective by strategy.

Also who said you cant form a group? you can form a group of different classes to help each other out.

Hell, I'd be willing to join anybody who asks.

Bring it on gate keepers :twisted:

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

ive always felt a farming cave shouldnt be pvp. pvp should be confined to arenas and let normal players and farmers whi arent interested in pvp play in relative peace
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

bell chick wrote:ive always felt a farming cave shouldnt be pvp. pvp should be confined to arenas and let normal players and farmers whi arent interested in pvp play in relative peace
Technically its not a farming cave. As others have mentioned the PVP warning is posted at the entrance.

Such a unique PVP area is just begging for creative uses such as this. Others are basically complaining that they can't farm safely in a PVP cave (PVP isn't safe).

Also notice the event is only for two weeks. Other annual events last 4 weeks or longer.

What is really sad here is that one of the TMW guilds actually takes the time to challenge the community with an annual event and they receive such a backlash.

Any of these players would be happy to discuss the event with others and give ideas on how they could form a group that could challenge them.

Having an alternative non-pvp area with a few terranites sounds like a great idea as well.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Shainen wrote:
bell chick wrote:ive always felt a farming cave shouldnt be pvp. pvp should be confined to arenas and let normal players and farmers whi arent interested in pvp play in relative peace
Technically its not a farming cave. As others have mentioned the PVP warning is posted at the entrance.

Such a unique PVP area is just begging for creative uses such as this. Others are basically complaining that they can't farm safely in a PVP cave (PVP isn't safe).

Also notice the event is only for two weeks. Other annual events last 4 weeks or longer.

What is really sad here is that one of the TMW guilds actually takes the time to challenge the community with an annual event and they receive such a backlash.

Any of these players would be happy to discuss the event with others and give ideas on how they could form a group that could challenge them.

Having an alternative non-pvp area with a few terranites sounds like a great idea as well.
ftr i wasnt questioning the guilds decision to this. simply questioning the devs decisions that terra cave be pvp in the first place. the fact that it has the most efficient farming of many important resources in the game do indeed make it a farming cave first and a pvp cave second. personally i dont feel the two should mix. but i digress