what happend?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
mumen1
Peon
Peon

what happend?

Post by mumen1 »

hello, today when i was going to log in, i found my account block and i try with another account and i found all them banned.
what happend?
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Re: what happend?

Post by deepthought »

Your account is blocked for some investigation purpose. Read the following post.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18411&p=144228&hilit=mumen#p144228
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

These accounts are blocked as this player is a known scammer. He sets up webpages promising free stuff if you enter your TMW login/password. This guy's been around for years and is permanently banned for life from the game.

Most of the accounts that were banned were stolen from other players. IP addresses *and* behavioral patterns were both taken into account when placing these bans, and when in doubt I didn't place a ban. It's very unlikely (though still possible) that any of these bans were placed in error.

If you feel these bans were placed in error, the onus is on you to prove you're not the moroccan scammer. The GM and admin teams have been briefed and are quite aware that the scammer is an accomplished social engineer, so proving your identity may be a bit tough. It's not unreasonable for it to be like this at this point, as this scammer has stolen tons of accounts and caused many players to quit TMW entirely.

Further bans will be placed as the investigation continues. We've had enough.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
mumen1
Peon
Peon

Post by mumen1 »

sure, thats an error
im not that scammer who you mentioned.
how i can prove my annocence?
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Haven't you read the post. The issue has been resolved. Just ask for password reset.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.