The Mana World on Wikipedia

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
alexander1006
Novice
Novice

The Mana World on Wikipedia

Post by alexander1006 »

Hi guys,
I've made an article of The Mana World in Chinese. While I'm writing the page, I found that much information of the article in other lanuages are outdated. If you can speak Español, Français, Italiano or Português, Please help updating the page :D

P.S. How can I create the article in English? It's deleted because of notability and lack of references.
I was listening to the ocean,
I saw a face in the sand.
But when I picked it up,
Then it vanished away from my hands.
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Re: The Mana World on Wikipedia

Post by nelson6e65 »

alexander1006 wrote:Hi guys,
I've made an article of The Mana World in Chinese. While I'm writing the page, I found that much information of the article in other lanuages are outdated. If you can speak Español, Français, Italiano or Português, Please help updating the page :D

P.S. How can I create the article in English? It's deleted because of notability and lack of references.
Oh... I see. BTW, spanish page looks complete, but should be created the English page first with official content to be followed in translated pages. Then I can update into spanish. :)
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Before creating the english wikipage please read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... Mana_World

In 2008 (in my opinion the 'best' time of TMW) the article got deleted because it was not 'notable' enough. I highly doubt it is notable now... Make sure you have references first that this game is notable, and only after that create the page. Otherwise the page will be deleted again...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The attempt in 2008 was not the only one. There were several tries to add an article about TMW to the English Wikipedia. They all failed due to lack of reputable and independent sources. When you want to write an article for the English Wikipedia, it is not enough to write what you know about the topic. You need to write what others publish about the topic, where primary sources (so anything from themanaworld.org) do not count because they are not independent. When you can not reference any reputable and independent sources, your article will get deleted because you can not prove to the Wikipedia community that the topic is notable enough.

But when you would like to write a wiki article about TMW, you could contribute to the TMW article on TVTropes. On TVTropes there is no such thing as notability.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rawng
Peon
Peon

Post by Rawng »

The University of Zagreb's Faculty for Organization and Informatics AI lab is using TMW as a base for their 'ModelMMORPG' project (for which they received a grant). Here is a link to the project's webpage. At the bottom you can find link to a couple of presentation's they've put together, some of which describe TMW.

This one in particular goes into quite a bit of detail about TMW as a project. This should fulfill the requirements of being independent and reputable.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Rawng wrote:The University of Zagreb's Faculty for Organization and Informatics AI lab is using TMW as a base for their 'ModelMMORPG' project (for which they received a grant). Here is a link to the project's webpage. At the bottom you can find link to a couple of presentation's they've put together, some of which describe TMW.

This one in particular goes into quite a bit of detail about TMW as a project. This should fulfill the requirements of being independent and reputable.
Oh, that's that project from mschatten, nice. Thanks for the links :D
It's a bit outdated now, e.g. the continents, maps and starting area but meh, it's a nice source to mention.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
noog
Peon
Peon

Post by noog »

I would love to see a more detailed article and related subtroopes of TMW in tvtropes. Is anyone working on tvtropes article ? I would love to work on it.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

noog wrote:I would love to see a more detailed article and related subtroopes of TMW in tvtropes. Is anyone working on tvtropes article ? I would love to work on it.
According to the edit history there wasn't a content-related contribution for years, so feel free to edit.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
biza
Peon
Peon

Post by biza »

lol, this is funny. Wikipedia mention TMW in its own article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_op ... ideo_games and it is only game in list without wikipedia page.