Day and night system and some ideas for Tmw

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Rubick
Peon
Peon

Day and night system and some ideas for Tmw

Post by Rubick »

Hello All in the mana world,i am Rubick the Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd magus :D and i am here to post some of my ideas for the game grow up.
first of all,thanks to all my friends and all players,gms,dev to see this post,okay lets begin. :lol:

Day and Night system:
Its cool,and why not try? just add some lanterns and cool night effects in cityes and some places,add some new quests can complete only at night ,example is kill ''that'' MONSTER and get the item(the monster appears only at night,its cool system.

Guilds or corps or schools:
like in tuli,have school of magic,lets create some others like:

school of war ->for warriors,add quests of a warrior life,explain what warrior need,the school can be make in nivalis.the school of war can explain what warrior need,add some quests for the new itens coming.

school of magic-> already have, but not so complete,just add some quests to get new coming itens,that same things of school of war, explain a mage life and add some new things.

archers corporation-> for archers,can be make in forest of hurns,can possible get the mallard eye skill and can add new quests and make new archer itens for this quests,the archer corporation can be tech how to make arrows and give tips for archers,whit some quests can make the player feel like really a archer,and add daily quests like can add for others schools ,the daily quests give reputations to get other quests from npcs in villages like hurns.

ATTENTION: I know how is hard to make this ideas work i know is really hard,but its my ideas i play the game and i want see the game grow up.

Thanks for all adms and dev for see this and other players too, Thanks to all :D today is it,tomorrow i can post more some ideas.
Rubikon_
Novice
Novice

Re: Day and night system and some ideas for Tmw

Post by Rubikon_ »

I had in mind about day and night with the time of tmw 12 hours day and 12 hours night.
Rubick wrote: school of war ->for warriors,add quests of a warrior life,explain what warrior need,the school can be make in nivalis.the school of war can explain what warrior need,add some quests for the new itens coming.

school of magic-> already have, but not so complete,just add some quests to get new coming itens,that same things of school of war, explain a mage life and add some new things.

archers corporation-> for archers,can be make in forest of hurns,can possible get the mallard eye skill and can add new quests and make new archer itens for this quests,the archer corporation can be tech how to make arrows and give tips for archers,whit some quests can make the player feel like really a archer,and add daily quests like can add for others schools ,the daily quests give reputations to get other quests from npcs in villages like hurns.
Every skill and magic have their quest to finish it.
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

Post by Virtual Reality »

I second the day and night cycles. I think it'd be a great addition to the game; the only problem is that we'd either need a lot of client-side effects or new pixel art – likely both.
I'm going to try adding basic AI to NPCs, but I have no guarantees on when (hopefully not if) that will be ready.
vquangchung
Peon
Peon

Post by vquangchung »

Players is from many different country, so they don't have same time. How do you decide when it is day or night? If you can't solve this problem, it's unfair to players who can't be online in specified time
I am a noob
Avenn
Novice
Novice

Post by Avenn »

I am 99,999% sure that day cycle wont be implemented anytime in this century, because it requires a lot of work, Vquangchung noone said that in TMW day or night need to last 24 hours, it can change faster like every 2 hours or something like that.
Someone once said to me between the lines " You are unwanted here anymore, you are rude, arogant, ignorant, stupid, annoying and worthless person."
And all i can say about it Yes i might be... but that doesnt matter i dont have other feelings different from almighty hate and anger... but in the end its pointless to explain myself.
butters
Peon
Peon

Post by butters »

night time maps (always night) could be used as part of a quest, like in older rpgs where you awake after resting for the night
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The easy solution would be to just add a dark overlay when it's night. This could be done with very little effort. But overlays have proven to be quite unpopular with the community. Looking at the screenshots people post, most people seem to deactivate them. The mappers also seem to dislike them: many of the newer maps don't have them even though they would be appropriate.

Also, an overlay would look quite strange because there wouldn't be any light sources. To have a night scenario look convincing, the Mana client would need a light engine and all content needs to be outfitted with appropriate light source information. And that's quite a lot of work.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.