[MAGES] Which Spell do you use most?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Which spell do you use most?

Please note that results are sorted by decreasing number of votes received.

#ingrav
46%
#confringo
35%
other...
9%
#flar
4%
#chiza
3%
#frillyar
2%
#upmarmu
2%

Total votes: 131
SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [MAGES] Which Spell do you use most?

Post by SpeedDuck »

What do you mean a Sand Cutter require Mylarin Dust? Can you craft it?
Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

jesusalva wrote: 03 May 2020, 12:13 The current magic structure is not what rEvolt have. Apart from "one or two" spells (eg. #ingrav and #itenplz), most are not going to survive the port.
If ingrav can be made into a skill, then flar should be exactly the same type of change to make in the xml. The animations may change locations or sprites may need resizing. What am I missing about skills that is so complex or is it what it takes to attain those spells that is the problem?
jesusalva wrote: 03 May 2020, 12:13 On rEvolt, warriors will be able to use mana.
They can now if they take enough armour off. Please tell me fully armoured people aren't going to start casting magic. I know Hercules is possible of having restrictions to stats and bonuses based on what a character carries and has equipped. I hope it will be utilized. Fully armoured anyone should suffer penalties on attack and evade and most definitely on using magic.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Ledmitz wrote: 03 May 2020, 20:24
jesusalva wrote: 03 May 2020, 12:13 The current magic structure is not what rEvolt have. Apart from "one or two" spells (eg. #ingrav and #itenplz), most are not going to survive the port.
If ingrav can be made into a skill, then flar should be exactly the same type of change to make in the xml. The animations may change locations or sprites may need resizing. What am I missing about skills that is so complex or is it what it takes to attain those spells that is the problem?
Maybe... The fact that in rEvolt we have an elemental system working? :alt-7:
Ledmitz wrote: 03 May 2020, 20:24
jesusalva wrote: 03 May 2020, 12:13 On rEvolt, warriors will be able to use mana.
They can now if they take enough armour off. Please tell me fully armoured people aren't going to start casting magic. I know Hercules is possible of having restrictions to stats and bonuses based on what a character carries and has equipped. I hope it will be utilized. Fully armoured anyone should suffer penalties on attack and evade and most definitely on using magic.
They will, and they'll be horroble at it. They will do fine with warrior skills, though.
Likewise, mages will do horribly at warrior skills.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

jesusalva wrote: 03 May 2020, 21:06 Maybe... The fact that in rEvolt we have an elemental system working? :alt-7:
IDK what that is. Got a description or link? :alt-7: :alt-7: :alt-7:
So what then? Fire, Ice, Earth, etc? I think most current spells could get a divination or have one made. Hercules is said to be able to do more, not less. There must be more divinations possible than what is hard coded already in Hercules. I can list a dozen possible types if you guys need ideas. If not, assigning spells to a current element/divination should be simple. I have to look to know, but most times I hear something isn't possible I find out otherwise later.
jesusalva wrote: 03 May 2020, 21:06 They will, and they'll be horrible at it. They will do fine with warrior skills, though.
Likewise, mages will do horribly at warrior skills.
This sounds like the right track in my opinion. Things should be possible, but more unlikely or less powerful. I am worried at one thing. We don't have to actually pick a class, right? We are basically just the sum of what our skills are on the new server? Is there a limit to skills or does having more skills require more exp to level? The more skills you have the longer it should take to become good at them (real exp, not just skill exp). This makes characters much more specialized and they have something to work towards. You can have mixed classes in other RPGs, but mixing in TMW was always a fail because only one skill could be used at a time. I tried to make a melee mage in TMW, but the melee spells just plain suck. Melee spells should be the most powerful which is what makes mixed classes more useful. I tried to make a brawler only to find it was a useless skill. Even after developed it was nothing more than the speed skill only you HAD to have no weapons to use it so there was no reason to want it. Someones work went to waste there or it should have never been added as a skill in TMW.
In order to have many possibilities, the system has to be complicated and the more you can do, the harder it should be to progress. Also, the more choices there are, the harder a player can tell what path to take is the best for them. In older TMW days and even now some, people share their stats, then others copied, then everyone was the same. All we saw back then were warriors wearing the same stuff and every archer had cat ears. Man I hate cat ears and the forest armour. Where was the warriors equivalent back then? Everyone was so much alike in battle I found it disturbing. It would be nice if things really did get more complicated to allow for more possibilities.
If we need more devs, I swear I'll scour IRC channels and steal them.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

matto
Peon
Peon

Post by matto »

jesusalva wrote: 02 May 2020, 23:29
Ecuador wrote: 02 May 2020, 16:37 Jesusalva, can you please tell what do you mean by Sand Cutter being more expensive than Enchanter's Amulet?
You need a [Mylarin Dust] for Sand Cutter; While for Enchanter's Amulet, "all you need is luck"
the price of the amulet will always be WAY higher than the cutter since (i assume) the amulet wont be available once the doomsday event (the particular act) ends.
Ecuador
Novice
Novice

Post by Ecuador »

SpeedDuck wrote: 03 May 2020, 16:23 What do you mean a Sand Cutter require Mylarin Dust? Can you craft it?
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Legacy:Ashley
This is the only way the cutter has been released in game AFAIK.
SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

Ecuador wrote: 04 May 2020, 04:35 https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Legacy:Ashley
This is the only way the cutter has been released in game AFAIK.
Ah, thanks for the info. I hadn't realized another quest was added to Legacy.
Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
WarriorPL
Legendary Warrior
Legendary Warrior

Post by WarriorPL »

jesusalva wrote: 02 May 2020, 23:29
Ecuador wrote: 02 May 2020, 16:37 Jesusalva, can you please tell what do you mean by Sand Cutter being more expensive than Enchanter's Amulet?
You need a [Mylarin Dust] for Sand Cutter; While for Enchanter's Amulet, "all you need is luck"
0,15% to drop Enchanter's Amulet. I must be very lucky :( :? And maybe you can do some quest to get this amulet? :?:
Cage
Peon
Peon

Post by Cage »

Can we also get a spell for reviving dead players, something like a Phoenix Feather ?
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Cage wrote: 05 May 2020, 16:53 Can we also get a spell for reviving dead players, something like a Phoenix Feather ?
Not on TMWA, I'm afraid

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Cage
Peon
Peon

Post by Cage »

jesusalva wrote: 05 May 2020, 17:16
Cage wrote: 05 May 2020, 16:53 Can we also get a spell for reviving dead players, something like a Phoenix Feather ?
Not on TMWA, I'm afraid
I understand, thanks.

Is the new server going to be an exact copy of the actual one but with improved software?
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Cage wrote: 07 May 2020, 08:37 Is the new server going to be an exact copy of the actual one but with improved software?
rEvolt probably yes. TMW2 seems to make you live in an era after the one in Legacy server (Itka, for example, has grown up and stopped spamming about the Wizard's rest).
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Cage wrote: 07 May 2020, 08:37
jesusalva wrote: 05 May 2020, 17:16
Not on TMWA, I'm afraid
I understand, thanks.

Is the new server going to be an exact copy of the actual one but with improved software?
Not an exact copy, but very similar. All the stuff that already exist will be there, but with graphic improvements and additions such as Evol Online content. You can get a good idea of what it'll be like by visiting the test server. The new version of Hurnscald is pretty much what you can expect from most of the game: the same spaces but they look better now.

TMW Team member