Apology for it. Was: Suggestion: Can we have acorn flour, please?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Cordo
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Apology for it. Was: Suggestion: Can we have acorn flour, please?

Post by Cordo »

Livio wrote: 07 May 2020, 16:33 I believe that's not the first time people asked for similar explanations. We should improve a FAQ section with all these threads.
Yes and while at it possibly explain why a quest was being tested on a main server and not a test server. This lead to a player wasting three hours as the quest was not complete. An admin person had chosen to do this (test an incomplete quest on a main server). The explanation they gave was the test server lacked guild support.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as an admin of a server, testing or main can you not enable anything related to the server?

Look on discord logs today May 8, 2020 around 1:30 PM EST to roughly 2:30 PM EST. That's an offset of UTC being 4 hours ahead. So roughly 17:30 to 18:30 UTC. Crazyfefe(sp?) had completed or seemed to complete a quest, they were told it still required an item. Due to the incompleteness of the quest they could not nor did not know to attain the item. I saw this in the #general channel "In Game".
Once upon a time, ... So the storyteller Cordo begins. Young and old gather round as he weaves a fabric spun of magic, creates a world from around them. In kingdoms far far away, ... Cordo dwells in a smile. :alt-3:
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Cordo wrote: 08 May 2020, 19:11
Livio wrote: 07 May 2020, 16:33 I believe that's not the first time people asked for similar explanations. We should improve a FAQ section with all these threads.
Yes and while at it possibly explain why a quest was being tested on a main server and not a test server. This lead to a player wasting three hours as the quest was not complete. An admin person had chosen to do this (test an incomplete quest on a main server). The explanation they gave was the test server lacked guild support.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as an admin of a server, testing or main can you not enable anything related to the server?

Look on discord logs today May 8, 2020 around 1:30 PM EST to roughly 2:30 PM EST. That's an offset of UTC being 4 hours ahead. So roughly 17:30 to 18:30 UTC. Crazyfefe(sp?) had completed or seemed to complete a quest, they were told it still required an item. Due to the incompleteness of the quest they could not nor did not know to attain the item. I saw this in the #general channel "In Game".
You're mixing up two different games. >__>

PS. Just to reply your question, it is a quest, but because it is as big as Iilia, I opted to have it tested as an event (which goes from friday until saturday), so I can find the bugs and the optimal balancing before releasing it as a public quest (which every player can do at their own time convenience, instead of my own).

And yes, I did conduct a full test on test server, me and every dev who worked on it; But the thing with big quests, is that you never know where bugs are lurking. (And as you pointed out, that was the case; probably a whole couple of messages was omitted).

I want to, of course, apologize to everyone who participated on this quest as an event. I'll probably send them some compensation via the ingame-mail. I'm not happy that they couldn't finish the quest either. And if you want to portrait me as evil, then you can say that they not finishing the quest means that the final boss was never tested, nor the reward mechanics :alt-=:

But hey, before logging on said server, you'll see "BETA" in uppercase. While I did test things so they are as bug-free as possible, the whole idea behind that is to inform players that there may still be bugs. Some nastier than others.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Complaining like you're paying for a service when you're playing a free game won't make your point come across any better. Regardless this is getting off topic. There has been very comprehensive answers.

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Hello there, just temporarily bypassing the topic lock to inform that Acorn Flour has been added to ContentIII super merge request, and is expected to be merged later this month.

It can be tested on rEvolt test server and is used to bake cakes and donuts.

--
Jesusalva

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.