TMW Drawing Contest

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: TMW Drawing Contest

Post by WildX »

Winner matched my vote/ranking, grats Pingo!

Livio's stick figure epic scene is underrated.

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Livio wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 19:53

1) Livio - The metal searching man is getting metal from what remains of Hurnscald. (An antique Sandcutter is good to show above your fireplace). However that man sold TMW relics at very high prices on ManaMarket and destabilized the new server before the merge. Depicting such economic sharks is perfect for a Doomsday.

That entry was sent after deadline and lacked the FINAL IMAGE notice, so it was NOT considered.
The evaluated drawing was your stick figures on the first page.

Well, I know you know this already :lol: You did mention your stick figure later.

But just for the record: That would not even qualify as en entry. The rules clearly state that:
It must be a 100% self made drawing/painting (traditional or digital). Using screenshots or photos directly is not allowed.

So if it was a serious entry it would not even be evaluated and rank last :<

mayo2019 wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 17:03

hi all.

Spoiler:

first as i respect all players and all devs that voted and decided the list of winners but i disagree with all of you (devs) about this list and i am going to say my opinion even i knew for sure that no one here on this game care about players opinions at all. i want all of you focus on something ( this event is about subject and what is it? (Doomsday) and itis not about who is the best one who draws something with paper + pencil .so i will say my opinion of list of winners and it takes only 2 sec not 5 days
of voting XD.
1-raffe (the best drawing of my opinion even i didnot know why mage on photo didnot try hunt Zax and stand up scarry).
2-Livio (maybe someone think itis complicated but its not and good of my opinion.
3-DeaDZONE=me(zax = 2 meters tall +yellow eyes +hell = red + all players tried to hunt it and die at the end of his strongest power) easy to understand even iam so bad at drawing.
4-0000000 even he didnot draw zax or monsters or something connected to subject of doomsday but he tried to connect doomsday with linux operation system order = sudo and i like his thoughts.
5- pingo even he is the best one with paper +pencil and he is so good at drawing but i didnot understand anything of his photo
even i stayed half hour looking to it and at the end didnot understand anything at all because of so complicated and even no colors to explain it.
6-myu whats the subject on his/her photo = nothing (just something stand up on photo we dont know if itis zax or player or whatever anything and no players or monsters or hell or anything useful even he is good drawing too.

thanks for all who will read this post or say thier opinions and players who knew me well ,they understand really good that i cant shut my mouse about anything on game i disagree with even my opinion isnot matter.

This is a ranking. Your image doesn't needs to be good, it needs to be better than the others.

And better doesn't means more advanced techniques. It means more effort, more creativity, more originality, better adhesion to the theme, and a lot more.

And I do not want to listen or read from the author that. I want the drawing to tell me. I want to look at Myu's drawing and think "Oh wow, I would never have thought in drawing Jande!". I want to look at Pingo and say to myself "He did not had to go this far with the shading!"

Anyway. If you want a full review, just email us at event AT themanaworld DOT org.
Or send me a PM, that should do the trick too.

WildX wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 20:01

Winner matched my vote/ranking, grats Pingo!

Livio's stick figure epic scene is underrated.

I still think it lacked a central theme. It was chaotic, not doomsday-ish imo :lol:

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Raffe
Novice
Novice

Post by Raffe »

Livio...
Actually the banshee archer fleeing from the tengus in my drawing...
I was inspired to make him from captain jack sparrow fleeing from the canibalistic tribe in pirates of the caribean 2 :
(had to shave him though)

https://pirates.fandom.com/wiki/Escape_ ... bal_Island

...and NOT Richard Stallman :lol:

oh and palm trees are easy to draw :roll:

kytty
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by kytty »

Attention!
Since it is quite hard to find players in-game, I will need for players to post the prize they want from the list,
with the following order:

1. PiNGo
  2. Myu.
  3. Raffe
  4. Livio
  5. DeaDZONE
  6. 0000000

We enjoyed looking at the drawings, everybody did a great job! <3
-Thank you in advance.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Show us your drawing, kytty!

kytty
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by kytty »

can’t draw👀

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

jesusalva wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 01:00

Contest is over! (I think kytty have an unposted artwork? Meh, I'll bug her about it when I see her again.)

Reading this made me think you could have drawn something for the contest.

mrpingo
Peon
Peon

Post by mrpingo »

Hi guys, and congratulations to organizers for the contest, to all participants. Sorry to be late, I had to do some RL stuff.
Regarding the draws, I liked Livio's for telling a big story in that small square of paper (I am still rediscovering some stuff each time I see it), Raffe because I had a good laugh, so funny my friend. Myu's draw is good as its duality confusion.
WildX, thanks for your opinion buddy! Hope you enjoyed it.

Talking about the prizes I would like to have the [Golden Platemail] after thinking for a long time.

PS: I am also curious to see some kytty's and JS's draw at some point xD.

Regards,
PiNGo

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

I bet nobody noticed the huge sandwich that fell on the Hurnscald storage's roof.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Livio wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 18:51

I bet nobody noticed the huge sandwich that fell on the Hurnscald storage's roof.

I won't be baited! I... Won't... goes check Livio's drawing again Oooohhh....

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

This is why it's a masterpiece. It keeps on giving.

TMW Team member

mrpingo
Peon
Peon

Post by mrpingo »

I agree! Wait.. is that.. ooo0000oooookeeeeeyyy.... :alt-2:

kytty
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by kytty »